Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 17 December 2008
I was initially disappointed with this album after the tougher acid grooves of 90 and ExEl, so much so that I sold my copy. Having got the remastered deluxe editions of those 2 albums and been well chuffed I got the deluxe version of Gorgeous. While CD1 has grown on me the real deal is the CD2 mix of remixes and rarities. This is by far the best offering of all the remixes and rarities that come with the deluxe editions of the four albums from 90 to Don Solaris. The tunes are generally big and pumping but melodic dancefloor numbers, the only surprise being why they werent included on any album first time around.
on 1 June 2002
Gone is the aggressive nature of past albums, though some tracks do retain a hint of edginess.
On the whole a very melodic album, full of beautiful sounding electronic songs which manage to utilise other rhythms rather than sticking to a 4/4 beat all the time.
All of the tracks make the album a great listening experience and as such there is no real highlight, all songs are of equal, high quality. (But do check out 'Southern Cross' and 'Nimbus'!)
on 19 January 2016
It's 808 state; they don't need a review for you to know how good these godlike artists are!
on 24 October 2014
classic good quality prompt
on 25 January 2005
this is the only 808 State lp I've heard but have loved it since it came out eons ago. I bought it just because of the cover. I usually only bought hip hop but this was hard enuff to satisfy and with only a couple cheesy vocals I was opened to a whole new world. I bought it again recently and it's still a very diverse lp. I love the raw sounds. Definately a precursor to Chemical Bros soul and other likes but stand well on it's own. great to see it here on amazon.
on 15 September 2011
I guess they have done better.

Officianados may approve of this, but it sounds very same-y to general electronica from the period. Perhaps was expecting a bit too much.

Ok as filler on the iPod, but not making it to the five-star list.
on 10 July 2008
Moses is sung by Ian McCullough of Echo and the Bunnymen - Not Bernard Sumner of New Order. Bernard sang on Spanish Heart which appeared on Ex:el, their previous album.
on 3 September 2011
I feel almost guilty to write a bad review as so many others rate it so highly. However, like the plague, and many other transmittable diseases, avoid this at all costs! It doesn't even sound like a rubbish/lesser band trying to sound like the 808's. If you must, audition it on the 'MP3 Downloads' section. This isn't music or pleasureable and you can't even make a fruit bowl out of it! (that's what happened to unworthy vinyl by the way).