5.0 out of 5 stars 44 Charles Street by Danielle Steel
This is one of her best stories yet, i am a dedicated fan of her stories and this one kept me enthralled from beginning to end.
The plot unfolds as you get further into the story and i couldn't put the book down... sad to finish it, but will keep for another time to re-read.
Published on 27 May 2011 by Andrea

3.0 out of 5 stars 44 CHARLES STREET
Published on 15 Sept. 2011 by Amanda

5.0 out of 5 stars 44 Charles Street by Danielle Steel, 27 May 2011
This review is from: 44 Charles Street (Hardcover)
Its about a young girl who lives with her partner and they split up, he wants her to sell the house but she doesn't. She decides to take in room mates and the story unfolds with intrigue and romance in true Danielle Steel style.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost back to her best, 4 Mar. 2012
Sharon (Wiltshire) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: 44 Charles Street (Paperback)
When her relationship with Todd breaks down she realises that she cannot afford to pay the mortgage on her own so she will have to advertise for lodgers. Her mother thinks she is asking for trouble and thinks she should simply sell up but Francesca is adamant that she wants to stay there... even if the house is falling apart around her.

She realises that by making some minor alterations to the layout of the house, she could take in 3 tenants who would each have their own living quarters and would only need to share the kitchen. As predicted by Todd and her mother she does get some enquiries from total misfits but she eventually rents out the rooms to Eileen, a teacher, Chris, a graphic designer, and Marya, a cook book author.

At first they all keep themselves to themselves but soon they become firm friends and over time they open up about their lives. It is soon apparent that Eileen has a penchant for bad-boys that puts her life in danger, that there is more to Chris' divorce than simply a marriage falling apart and wanting to protect his son Ian, and that Marya's friend Charles-Edouard wants to be more than just her friend.

And as for the house, will a flooded kitchen finally force her to accept defeat and sell up her beloved home?

The characters were extremely likeable and I could emphasise with Francesca's concerns about the types of men Eileen was bringing back to the house having met them online. It was interesting to see the relationships building over time between them all and how they formed their own unique family unit wanting to look out for each other. I did find myself willing them to overcome their various issues, and have a happy ending, but of course in reality it doesn't work out like that in real-life.

I've found that I didn't really enjoy reading the last couple of her books but this one was a vast improvement although not as good as her earlier books. If you're after a nice easy read that you don't need to think about, then this one's perfect for you as I sped through it in no time at all on a dreary Sunday afternoon.

3.0 out of 5 stars 44 CHARLES STREET, 15 Sept. 2011
Amanda "sac" (uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: 44 Charles Street (Hardcover)
I enjoy dipping into a Danielle Steel book every now and again but have thought that over the years her novels have not been nearly as good as her earlier work, this one included. It was ok, very predictable and in most parts repetitive, felt that this 300 page book could have been condensed into 100 pages. However it was an easy read about a woman who splits up with her partner and finds herself remaining in the large house they lived in together, and so to make ends meet she takes in lodgers.Sweet story with a happy ending.

5.0 out of 5 stars 44 Charles Street, 18 Jun. 2011
This review is from: 44 Charles Street (Kindle Edition)
Another Great book by Danielle Steel. I read this on my kiddle during my holiday
could not put it down. Keep it up Danielle.

5.0 out of 5 stars as good as expected, 25 May 2011
This review is from: 44 Charles Street (Hardcover)
am a long term Danielle Steel fan and this book just reflects her observations of life for those of us no longer in our prime but still living and loving.. life as it comes..love it as expected,never disappoints

4.0 out of 5 stars first timer, 23 May 2012
This review is from: 44 Charles Street (Paperback)
this was my first time reading a danielle steel book and i have to say i have been missing out!
i loved each person in the book and thought it was a good story withy a few wee twists.
since reading this book i have oreded a few more danielle steel boks and cant wait to get stuck in :)x

1.0 out of 5 stars Repetitive Drivel, 11 Mar. 2012
This review is from: 44 Charles Street (Paperback)
I used to read a lot of Danielle Steel so when looking for something easy to read I was a bit nostalgic when I saw this. I wished I hadn't. Is is a million miles from her early books. It's so repetitive it drove me nuts. The mantra appeared to be to keep repeating the same information with the words just fractionally re-ordered just in case the reader didn't get it the first ten times you said it. The characters were weak and unbelievable, as was the storyline. I actually got really cross trying to read this because it was so bad. I managed 5 chapters through gritted teeth before I decided to cut my losses and read the last chapter - something I hate doing. Yep, no surprises there.
I'm just cross I wasted 2 hours of my life on this book. I'd give this 0 stars if I could.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic - just a slight issue with characters, 6 April 2012
This review is from: 44 Charles Street (Paperback)
I love this book! I really enjoyed reading it, the last 200 pages are addictive I read it consecutively and I don't usually read! The only issue is this is the second Danielle Steel book I've read, the first was Family ties and the main character (the sister) and the son (sorry can't remember names) are extremely similar to the characters of Francesca and Chris in this book. Kim is also like the teacher in Family ties. I also love the fact that blurb barely tells you anything, some things are so surprising!

5.0 out of 5 stars TICKS ALL THE BOXES FOR A GOOD BOOK, 11 July 2011
This review is from: 44 Charles Street (Kindle Edition)
I am a big Danielle Steel fan-this book did not disappoint. I found it difficult to put the book down and was desperate to find out what would happen next. I would definately recommend this book.

2.0 out of 5 stars Danielle Steele, 6 Aug. 2012
This review is from: 44 Charles Street (Kindle Edition)
I read acouple of chapters of this book I found it boring and have not read the rest. Will not be reading anymore