5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing fun from 0-1!
Published 15 months ago by Sophie Holmden

Published 19 months ago by Georgie Norton

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing fun from 0-1!, 27 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Fisher-Price Discover 'n Grow Kick & Play Piano Gym (Baby Product)
Love this product as does my baby, she has used it from when she was about 8 weeks and initially just reached for the hanging animals. As she has grown she has mastered the piano with her feet and loves tummy time on this mat. I would totally recommend this product to any mums out there as this can provide your little one with lots of fun and entertainment allowing you to make the occasional cup of tea!! I like the longevity of this product and can see my little one using it until she is at least 1 year which is brilliant as so many of her toys she has outgrown already!

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC!!, 20 Sept. 2013
Mrs. Linda M. Stanley (England) - See all my reviews
Mt Daughter and Son-in law were advised to try this by friends. Their baby is now two weeks old and we put him on it for the first time a couple of days ago. He absolutely loves it! You can see him trying to focus on the toys and his little legs kick like mad to make the music, The Health Visitor was amazed at him and said she is going to recommend this to other Mums!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Life saver, 17 Aug. 2013
This is the only play equipment I bought for my son that he was able to play on independently for more than 5 minutes. He'll regularly do 45 minutes on the kick 'n play and squeals with delight. I bought it when he was 8 weeks and at nearly 4 months it's still a favourite. I recommended it to a friend and her baby is in love with it too.

4.0 out of 5 stars My son loved it, 21 Mar. 2013
My son loved the product and playing in it for an hour though he is only 3 months old.
He liked the mirror a lot and music when hitting with legs

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 18 April 2012
My 4 month old son loves this play mat it was worth every penny!
He loves kicking his legs and looking at himself in the mirror, we have packed up his other fisherprice rainforest play mat as he just lays there bored, he much prefers making a noise!

5.0 out of 5 stars Our grandson loves this, 21 Sept. 2012
G. M. Denison (UK) - See all my reviews
Our new grandson (3 months old now) absolutely loves this playmat. He spends up to 30 minutes kicking the piano and giggling and smiling - such a delight to see the pleasure it brings. The toys are all within reach which is much better than other playmats we have viewed and the mirror is in just the right place for him to see himself which makes him giggle and smile even more. I can't recommend this enough.

4.0 out of 5 stars Peace and quiet!, 28 April 2014
Bought this on offer at the bargain price of £29.99, so this review is written with that in mind.

My daughter is 6 weeks old today and has only just started to appreciate this toy. When I tried placing her on it at 3 and 4 weeks old she wasn't interested and screamed. But in the last couple of days it's been a godsend. Now that she's becoming more alert and focusing on things she's constantly looking for bright, shiny things to catch her attention. She lay for about 3 hours on the mat yesterday in perfect calm, staring up at the mirror, or at the little lion toy (which seems to be her favourite) She seems to really like the fact that kicking her legs causes sound, she discovered that very quickly and enjoys wriggle sessions, setting the music off. If I place her too high on the mat and she can't reach the keys she whinges until I move her.

As I type this review she's fast asleep on the mat!

Also, a friend of mine visited with her 17 month old, and he made a beeline for the piano, I adjusted the keyboard so he could sit and play and it kept him entertained really nicely, so I'm confident this is going to last the distance and more than get it's money's worth. For what I paid for it I'm incredibly happy, HOWEVER the reason I am rating 4 stars instead of 5 is that I do have one small issue.

I have submitted a picture of my daughter laying on the piano to accompany this review, to highlight that my daughter cannot use it without having a blanket down, either underneath or on top of the mat itself. The reason for this is because the mat is so thin! There is no padding to it at all, this may not be an issue on a carpeted floor, but on my laminated living room floor it's very uncomfortable and my baby won't lay on it for more than 5 minutes. With a blanket, she'll stay there for hours. Despite this, which is easily rectified with a blanket, I am happy with the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING! MUST HAVE!, 16 Aug. 2013
I was so excited when I found this online. My LO is very wriggly and just 12 wks old. He gets bored so easily and loves to kick and move, but hasn't figured out how to properly grasp things. I wanted something that would keep his legs moving and also occupy his hands, and this has done it! I had to wait two weeks to receive the item, but was well worth the wait! It is easy to put together and we were able to start playing right away because it has temporary batteries included. My LO loved it! He kicked and moved and smacked around the hanging toys for half an hour at least! I even held him in a sitting position so he could play with the keyboard for a bit, and he was fascinated with the lights when he touched it. The product is sturdy and easy to clean. I know we will get lots of enjoyment out of this toy! I cannot find any fault with the item. Also...I know some have complained about the size of the unit with keyboard attachment, but it really isn't a big deal. Can easily slide under a bed or top of a wardrobe. I know it says you can't take the keyboard of the stand after you snap in place, but the item can still be transported in a vehicle if you want to take it with you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating!, 19 May 2013
A very nice playgym that I purchased for my niece! Radiant colours and nice melody.Comparing to Rainforest Gym, this one is much better as soesn't have an intercrossing arch

1.0 out of 5 stars Look at the picture of the toy carefully before reading this!, 21 Jun. 2013
Okay....the reason I'm giving this toy a one star rating is.......once you've put it together there is absolutely no way of taking it apart again....I can't believe that noone else has mentioned this as storing or moving it becomes a major operation! I contacted Fisher Price and they confirmed that "Once the piano unit has been snapped into place it becomes a one time assembly unit and can not be taken apart" well thanks Fisher Price.....they offered to send a prepaid label for me to return it and then offered vouchers for either argos or toys r us.....funnily enough this is not what I wanted! I liked the toy, colourful, tuneful bla de bla.....its just I hadnt realised how irritating this particular aspect of it is!

I had bought this as a present for my grandson, who lives a hundred miles away, and put it together to check that everything worked....error....once it is assembled it doesnt even fit into a blanket box let alone a bag.......

The toy itself is fabulous.....but the fact that NOWHERE on the packaging or the assembly instructions does it mention that the assembly is a "one time assembly unit" really pisses me off.

All other playmats advertise their ease of "packing up and taking with you" so I suppose I should have realised that this omission meant once its up its up and..... tough if you don't live in a big enough house to accomodate it.

So a large raspberry to Fisher Price....and hopefully by posting this review I 'll save other people from this mistake...surely it is not beyond the skills of a toy designer to have a release button to deconstruct the piano unit from the arms making it possible to transport from one place to another without getting a taxi......I challenge someone from the customer care department at Fisher Price to carry this on the London Underground for even one stop. Come on Fisher Price...Sort it out!

Fisher-Price Discover 'n Grow Kick & Play Piano Gym