on 24 September 2007
I am one to randomly buy music as I love pretty much anything. This was purchased to vary my electronica collection, and by george I think its definately done that! Its dark, at times creepy and spine tingling! Its one of my favourite albums and can listen to it in any type of mood. Go and buy it now if you're a REAL music fan!!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 13 June 2011
The "New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular" it says on the sleeve but this ain't no disc for resting your equipment its a trawl through the Ambient Forests of a number of studios used for post production for this new CD by the Hoover (who are also known as Hooverphonic and I beleive Dutch)
The credits also include their lawyer who may have suggested Bacharach & David received a credit for a snippet of Isaac Hayes' version of Walk on by-which you barely notice unlike some of the other samples used here which may have come from radio stations.
With a female voice provided by one Leesja Sadonius-which seems to be a prerequisite for what has been called Dream Pop- you get nearly 48 minutes of soundscapes which either work as avant garde classical or music with the power to drive people out of the supermarket
What's in here is a listening experience for those who want to take a step further than Adiemus
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 30 September 2011
I bought this cd after several years from the first time i heard '2 wicky', from the soundtack of 'Stealing beauty'.
Since then, i liked the sound and music of Hooverphonic.
This very first one sounds very 90ies, and if you like that period, and kind of music like trip hop, sophisticated pop, i guess this is a good one.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...