4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality 3m cable

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit disappointing
Published 6 months ago by Mr Withnail

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality 3m cable, 20 Aug 2013
T. Kerby (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lindy 31993 - 3m USB 3.0 Cable - Type A Male to Micro-B Male - Black (Personal Computers)
It seems to be really difficult to find good quality USB 3.0 cables in longer lengths and this was the only model I could find at the time. The longer length was necessary to hide the wiring from a wall mounted TV to its hard drive in a cabinet below. I was pleased to find that this is a well built cable with a good thick insulation, adequate strain relief and a sturdy connector. Its not gold plated like the more expensive Lindy cable but does seem to share the same shielding which is important in an AV setup. The cable has been working very well with the Western Digital hard drive and is able to sustain the full data rate. Good value and definitely recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid and reliable, 22 Jan 2012
I have had a great deal of trouble with USB 3.0 cables over the past months. Many of those provided with USB 3.0 drives are easily bendable and loose fitting, particularly at the Micro-B end, causing frequent drop-outs of connection. The Lindy cable is short, solid, and fits snugly and firmly into my USB 3.0 drives, and so far I have not had a single drop-out. Because it is only 0.5 metres long there is less likely to be a problem with the connection, and if you have no need of excess trailing wires it is an excellent and reliable cable.

5.0 out of 5 stars At last a cable that works, 2 Mar 2013
I have tried several USB3 extension cables with my Samsung M3 hard drive and none would supply enough power, resulting in drop outs, error messages and failing to read. This cable just works as it is supposed to. I can copy a 10gb image file in less than 2 minutes, which is even faster than Lindy claim. If it remains trouble free I will order another.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not all cables are the same, 19 Jun 2014
When buying USB3 cables, they're not all the same.

Transfer rates can differ wildly and if you have bought a non-branded cable you may only be getting a fraction of the speed transfer you should.

This Lindy cable does work well and I've had good speeds using it.

Would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent replacement cable, 29 Jan 2014
Trev-R (Boston UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This is an excellent replacement cable for the very short one supplied by my drives manufacturer. Even though it is longer I have not detected and performance issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars usb 3 cable, 9 Sep 2012
The wire arrived promptly even though i was out. I plugged it into my hard drive and it worked a treat.My previous wire ,which came with the drive, was very temperamental and would disconnect at the slightest of movements.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 July 2014
Excellent

2.0 out of 5 stars The USB spec says this length should be fine, but I've seen repeated errors on the external ..., 7 July 2014
Not sure if its just that I received a faulty cable or if these are poorly made, but I have had nothing but trouble since starting to use these extra long cables. The USB spec says this length should be fine, but I've seen repeated errors on the external USB disks these are used with. Switching back to the manufacturer cables fixed the problem right away. I would be wary of these.

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit disappointing, 1 Jun 2014
Mr Withnail "nightraider" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I bought this to use with my Seagate external USB 3.0 hard drive, but while it does 'work' in a fashion the connection is pretty ropey; the speed is good, but not great, and when the drive goes to sleep it often freezes the whole PC on wake-up, whilst with the original (but not long enough) Seagate cable the speed is better and there are far less problems coming out of sleep mode.

So in summary, it may work great with some things, but evidently not everything. I'm going to give a Delock cable a try as they've served me well in other roles, so fingers crossed ...

5.0 out of 5 stars Lyndy 31993, 1 Jun 2014
a 3m meter USB extension cable, very good for the price and it arrived early. This is exactly what I required, certainly happy with my purchase.