5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing monitor.
I was on the market for a new Monitor and i was just going to buy a cheap 22" 1080p monitor. Then i did some digging, and finally come to this product. I Tried to find information about this monitor but hadn't come up with anything at all about it. I read user reviews and as many as i could find because you have to know what the quality is like.

Anyway where do...
Published on 5 Jan 2012 by Jack, Steam: RedCell 89

3.0 out of 5 stars Horizontal Grid Visible all the time!
I've owned this monitor for about 3 months and I am generally pleased with it - bright, colourful and easy to use.
One BIG downside which nobody else has mentioned is that at normally viewing distance (say 18 inches to 2ft away), you can clearly see a horizontal grid of dark lines covering the entire screen. I suspect that it is something to do with the 3D...
Published 22 months ago by Jonesey

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great 3D effect BUT...., 26 Jan 2012
This review is from: LG D2342P-PN 23 inch Widescreen 3D LED Monitor (Accessory)
This monitor at 23 inches is well worth the price of £159.99. First of all it's Full HD 1080p which looks great in non 3d mode. The colours are vibrant and the detail is sharp as you would expect. In 3d mode the quality is supposedly halved however i couldn't see this. I use this monitor in it's non 3D form as a pc monitor first and ps3 gaming monitor second. I cannot use the Tridef software as my pc is quite old (2004) and doesn't meet the minimum requirements for 3D enabling, but hey it's still great as a regular monitor and my pc will be upgraded one day. Now for the gamers out there,you should know that if your like me, you slouch at cut scenes and slow action points, and you sit up when the action intensifies.....well that's going to be a problem as the sweet spot is very tight. The slightest movement and your going to suffer from ghosting which is very annoying as your start to feel uncomfortable in a fixed position but hey... a straight back is good for posture right? You should also know that the refresh rate is quite terrible, as one reviewer mentioned it runs at 60hz (NOT 120hz) which gives you a terrible frame rate especially at intense action moments when a lot is happening on screen. So all in all Great 3D Effect BUT... VERY demanding sweet spot for perfect eye popping and i mean eye popping 3D. PS there's no more free copies of Assassins Creed Brotherhood...from what i was told.

5.0 out of 5 stars LG D2342P-PN 23" 3D LED Monitor, 18 Dec 2011
This review is from: LG D2342P-PN 23 inch Widescreen 3D LED Monitor (Accessory)
This monitor fulfils all my requirements. I use it for gaming with my PS3 (both 2D and 3D), as a standard monitor with my PC and as a TV (with a USB TV tuner.) It performs well at all these functions and in my opinion is excellent value for money. Good value from a reliable maker.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for PC owners, not so much for Mac, 15 May 2012
This review is from: LG D2342P-PN 23 inch Widescreen 3D LED Monitor (Accessory)
If you own a thunderbolt display port equipped mac, don't even bother.

I bought this to view stereoscopic images in my 3D software, so I wouldn't have to wear migraine inducing anaglyphe red/blue glasses. And for the brief interludes between thunderbolt port incompatibility induced static (which varied in intensity depending on resolution and refresh rate, but never went away), it looked very good. LG however has no Mac support for this screen, other than telling you where to find the manual on the accompanying discs.

The screen works perfectly fine with non-thunderbolt display macs however. So unfortunately the screen has become worthless to me because the known issues with the thunderbolt display port still haven't been properly solved.

It had potential, though..

1.0 out of 5 stars The worst screen for PC use ever?, 5 Dec 2012
Mr. S. Mcdonald (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LG D2342P-PN 23 inch Widescreen 3D LED Monitor (Accessory)
I've rarely come across a piece of technology that disappointed so much. The design and aesthetics are great. It comes well boxed with everything you expect, but the image quality through RGB and DVI is truly awful. I've used the screen with an Xbox360 and it was fine for gaming, the 3D function being really cool and one I'd like in my next screen, but the 2d quality is like going back to early CRTs. It does make me wonder if my screen was faulty as the other reviews seem quite good, but for me, when set to 1920 x1080 resolution, the image is not at all sharp and text is difficult to read.

If you're going to buy one, might want to check one out first. I've got an LG 32" LCD and it's great, but this is not so. So in summary, if you just want a monitor for gaming (3D) I'd recommend it. For anything else, look elsewhere.

2.0 out of 5 stars This is not the 3d you are looking for, 12 Dec 2011
Y. Bebnev "icdp" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LG D2342P-PN 23 inch Widescreen 3D LED Monitor (Accessory)
I am sorry to go against all the other reviews, but I honestly can't see how this product got 4 and 5 stars. I suspect it's the excitment of owners getting a new toy willing to overlook some negatives and trying to convince themselves that it was a good purchase.
For me it wasn't.

First of all the third party 3d driver required to launch games is extremely undersupported. Mine didn't work on first attempt and my technical help forum request is still unanswered 7 days on. I have since figured out what was causing it not to work (I have a dual monitor setup and my 3d monitor was plugged into the secondary port, with Win7 then overriding the display priority at the software end).

The way 3d works here is one of your eyes can only see the odd lines, whilst the other only sees the even ones. On the upside, this means that your graphics card doesn't really need to work twice as hard, as is the case in active shutter tech, on the downiside, the reduced effective resolution really is noticeable, especially when trying to read text. To a point where smaller text is unreadable until you take the glasses off.

Another negative of this tech is the narrow viewing angle. Even having found the sweet spot the ghosting was visible and if you shift your posture or position in the heat of gaming the whole thing gets unraveled rather quickly and your immersion gets broken.

The constant ghosting, stress and focus, gave me a headache.

It was a nice tech show case, but it is not fit for purpose as a 3d gaming monitor.

4.0 out of 5 stars Buena calidad tanto en 2D como 3D, full hd y buenos acabados., 2 Jan 2013
This review is from: LG D2342P-PN 23 inch Widescreen 3D LED Monitor (Accessory)
Buena calidad tanto en 2D como 3D, full hd y buenos acabados.
Conexión hdmi,dvi,vga y jack para cascos o altavoces.Con cable de alimentación y vga y incorporado.
Tiene muy buen aspecto y acabado. Para mi relación calidad/precio fue el mejor monitor 3D que encontre

3.0 out of 5 stars 60hz, 21 Jan 2012
This review is from: LG D2342P-PN 23 inch Widescreen 3D LED Monitor (Accessory)
For any gamers who think this could be a bargain 120hz monitor, seeing as it states it is 3D, it isn't. It only goes to 60hz on any setting.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for 3D from software, 22 Nov 2012
This review is from: LG D2342P-PN 23 inch Widescreen 3D LED Monitor (Accessory)
Purchased to use with a PC which requires a 3D screen for software packages requiring 3D output, previously purchased Samsung but they are no longer available. This will not do what you require.

2.0 out of 5 stars 3d nightmare, 12 Jan 2012
This review is from: LG D2342P-PN 23 inch Widescreen 3D LED Monitor (Accessory)
Ok as a led screen its good as a 3d screen it is far to complicated to use I will review again when i get 3 hours to spare to set the sodding thing up

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›