5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing monitor.
I was on the market for a new Monitor and i was just going to buy a cheap 22" 1080p monitor. Then i did some digging, and finally come to this product. I Tried to find information about this monitor but hadn't come up with anything at all about it. I read user reviews and as many as i could find because you have to know what the quality is like.

Anyway where do...
Published on 5 Jan 2012 by Jack, Steam: RedCell 89

3.0 out of 5 stars Horizontal Grid Visible all the time!
I've owned this monitor for about 3 months and I am generally pleased with it - bright, colourful and easy to use.
Published 17 months ago by Jonesey

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing monitor., 5 Jan 2012
This review is from: LG D2342P-PN 23 inch Widescreen 3D LED Monitor (Accessory)

Anyway where do i start?.
I plugged everything in with the DVI cable that come with the monitor (VGA Cable also included) and there was no dead or stuck pixels. After a few tweaks with the overscan on my ATI Control centre and a few colour adjustments and with 3D Colour mode turned on in the Monitors settings i have to say this screen is so damn sexy. The picture quality in 2D is immense and probably the best quality i have ever seen. Pictures are vibrant with colours i have never seen from a monitor before it truly is stunning.

Now i installed the 3D Software that come with the monitor with no problems, and once its installed its best to restart your PC. After the reboot i opened the TriDef 3D application and was greeted with the choice of viewing some demonstration pictures which just blew my mind. The 3D is really cool, it feels like you are there and can move to look behind an object its freaky awesome.

After that out the way i tried the standard DVD 2D to 3D option, i popped in wonders of the solar system into my machine and tried the 3D setting. From my short experience the 3D was not that great in that area, to make the DVD into 3D the video shrinks in size to make the 3D effect, which ruins the pleasure of watching a normal DVD for me.

Now, Gaming performance. What is it like? is it any good?. well all i can say is YES, it is a far better experience playing in 3D than 2D. I have been playing Skyrim and that game in 3D is absolutely remarkable. the sense of being there is awesome, i was stood around a camp fire and it looked like reality its sort of hard to explain in words as you have to experience it. I tried the Free assassins creed game and the 3D is not very good with that game, i have tried tweaking a few settings within the Tridef controls but it just didn't look like the other games. I have tried 3D with only a few of my games, The included Assassins creed Brotherhood, Mass Effect 2, Skyrim, and Battlefield 3.

I would strongly advise if you are a gamer then to have a decent PC first off. I have a PhenomII 955BE, 4GB RAM and a Sapphire HD5850xtreme. with Skyrim running in 3D on high settings with AA turned off i get around 30FPS running around the wilderness, in confined dungeons it is really nice and frames are high. Battlefield 3 however i simply cannot run. Without 3D i am capable of high settings in 1080p with 45+FPS (no AA). In 3D my frames are below 10FPS on high. So unless you are willing to sacrifice graphics then you will be fine or if you have a powerful PC you will be blessed.

The content in the box includes,

The Monitor
Power cable (kettle type)
Assassins creed Brotherhood
VGA cable
DVI cable
Drivers cd
Tridef exe cd
Tridef booklet
LG warranty card
1 pair of glasses
1 pair of clip ons (for those who wear glasses)
and a cleaning cloth.

the glasses come in their very own protective pouches too which is a nice touch.

My Conclusion.
If you are an ATI user like me you know you can't have the ready made 3D like Nvidia 3D vision so we have to look at third party software. This Monitor and the bundled software is all you need to make your gaming sessions that much better. This is a truly astonishing monitor for the price (i got for 165) and should not be off your radar when looking for a new Monitor.

I rate this product,
Picture quality in 2D is 10/10 truly nice visuals and vibrancy.
3D quality 8/10,
it offers a far better gaming experience (if you have a good PC). I chose 8/10 because a few games had some ghosting when using 3D and the 2D to 3D wasn't that good.
Build quality 9/10,
The stand can wobble a bit when you knock your desk but overall this is high quality product.

Overall 9.5/10, truly amazing and you will be very happy with your purchase. you should consider this even if 3D is not your thing because the monitor offers an amazing 2D viewing. It is also compatible with PS3 3D games, and 3D blu ray movies and players. I believe it is also compatible with Sky HD with the Sky box connected with a HDMI.

I hope you take the time to read this review as i have taken my time to write it, and i have tried to include everything that this monitor offers, thanks for reading.
RedTop.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT AND THE BEST MONITOR AT MOMENT IN THE MARKET, 17 Aug 2011
A. Djassi "DJASSI" (LONDON) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LG D2342P-PN 23 inch Widescreen 3D LED Monitor (Accessory)
I have just bought this monitor recently , but before i bought it i have done many research for 2 months and compared all the model incluided reading differents review.

however, acording with CNET review, I watched their vedio and comments also they credit rate for this model, I think CNET got this rate wrong. I have tested this monitor with differents cables and played differents games online also i used my sony bdp s470 3D player, everything is just brilhant and the picture quality is outstanding superb. you will not get any picture quality from any other monitor better than this one. Also bear in mind this is not just simple PC MONITOR ,this monitor is 3D ready which mean compatable with any other 3d player eg. DVD player,PS3 SKY BOX AND it can be used as monitor with any Freeview Satellites box.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good 3d monitor, 10 Nov 2011
M. Chapman "Misguidedchaff" (Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LG D2342P-PN 23 inch Widescreen 3D LED Monitor (Accessory)
I've had this monitor about a month now and I am very pleased with it. The 3d is excellent especially when gaming on 3d and as far as I am aware it's the only 3d monitor you can use with a PS3 because it is passive - other monitors require a 3d kit for your pc. I thought the brightness was a bit high and the colours washed out when I first switched it on but have adjusted them to my preference without too much hassle. The lack of speakers was a but dissapointing but there is an audio out jackto plug some speakers into so it wasnt a problem and I'm given to understand that most pc monitors with speakers have pretty poor quality sound anyway. The buttons can be a bit slow to respond and the menu could be a lot better especially for the 3d modes, after you set a 3d mode the menu dissapears and you have to access it again to adjust any other settings or choose another mode.

As I've already said the 3d mode was really good when gaming, in fact I prefer it to my panny 50vt20, as you sit closer it's a lot more immersive and you dont need to draw the curtains and adjust the settings like you do with my active tv which was good. For films the 3d wasnt as good - the sense of depth wasnt as great as my tv but my tv is a 50" and this is a lot smaller, I still would be happy to watch a movie on it. 2d - 3d conversion is avialble but not really worth it.

If you are looking for a cheap 3d monitor for console gaming and the odd movie then it's a really good purchase. The 2d picture needs some tweaking imo.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good 2D, Great 3D, 8 Nov 2011
This review is from: LG D2342P-PN 23 inch Widescreen 3D LED Monitor (Accessory)
I'd been looking around for a 3D monitor for gaming for some time now and was set on buying a 120 Hz monitor complete with the Nvidia 3D vision kit which uses 'active' glasses, which combined with a Nvidia graphics card help create the 3D effect. Then I saw the LG D2342P which uses much cheaper (the type you get at the cinema) passive glasses and a filter within the screen to produce a similar effect albeit at a reduced resolution. This means some of the work is taken away from the graphics card but be warned you're still going to need a fairly decent set up to get perfect results. Out of the box the monitor is reasonably well constructed and takes no time at all to setup, 2D image quality is good but not outstanding, the monitor is particularly bright and colours can be very vivid. 3D effects are really very good, games are given a real sense of depth and films can be very realistic! I find myself revisiting old games and being amazed at just how much better they play in 3D. Not all games will work though, there is a list of compatible games on the Tridef website so do check it out if you were hoping to play something in particular. The included Assassin's creed game is brilliant and well worth buying in itself, it looks incredible in 3D, once you see for yourself you'll never go back to 2D. In summary this is a great monitor and even though 2D image quality isn't perfect and there is ghosting when viewed from anything other than monitor height, I would still give it 5 stars as it is cheaper than its rivals, looks great and does a superb job of producing 3D images using easily available (a pair of which are in the box) 3D glasses.

5.0 out of 5 stars ASSASSINS CREED BROTHERHOOD IS INC (updated), 18 Dec 2011
This review is from: LG D2342P-PN 23 inch Widescreen 3D LED Monitor (Accessory)
just wanted to let you guys know that the PC version of assassins creed brotherhood is included with this monitor (i think good ol amazon needs add this info to the product's description). sorry this isn't a complete review but rather some tips about getting this brilliant product to work properly ! i can tell you though that the 3D effects in proper 3D Movies & Tirdef supported PC Games are stunning.(3D movie type is half sbs & don't forget to change the monitor's 3D settings to SBS),i use hdmi for PC & PS3 via a 5 3 port hdmi switch,i also use 1.4 hdmi cables (the flat type about 3 each),if you use dvi then you wont be able to select the 3D options from the monitor's own menu so hdmi is better for PC users as it gives them more 3D options,i use hd 5850 graphics card & in order to get full 1080p PC image i had to change these settings in ati's catalyst manager (enable gpu scalling & in scalling options select 0% overscan) hope this helps . LG is the Best & so is AMAZON.

UPDATE:
after trying many different options i found the best way to view 3D content is by using the DVI port..why ? because DVI is much better & faster for 3D & 2D gaming & when using POWER DVD 11 then there is no need what so ever for the monitor's own 3D menu which is only available through the HDMI port because POWERDVD has all these options available.so now i have my PC connected via DVI (powerdvd for 3D movies & tridef for 3D gaming) & my Ps3 via HDMI for 3D gaming.

3.0 out of 5 stars Horizontal Grid Visible all the time!, 9 Nov 2012
This review is from: LG D2342P-PN 23 inch Widescreen 3D LED Monitor (Accessory)
One BIG downside which nobody else has mentioned is that at normally viewing distance (say 18 inches to 2ft away), you can clearly see a horizontal grid of dark lines covering the entire screen. I suspect that it is something to do with the 3D technology. Anywhere that you have a wide expanse of a single colour, particularly pale colours, you see fine lines going across it.
If you were sitting a few feet away to watch a film on it, you wouldn't notice it at all. But if you writing email or letters it is really annoying. I thought it might be because I had the brightness too high (like when you get scan lines if you turn up a CRT monitor too high) but this is unaffected by brightness so it must be something in the design of the monitor.
I wrote to LG about it but never received a reply.

Apart that, it is a great monitor, but avoid it for close work or fine photo editing.

3.0 out of 5 stars Problem with HDMI connection, 22 April 2012
This review is from: LG D2342P-PN 23 inch Widescreen 3D LED Monitor (Accessory)
There is a problem with this display that you should know about if you are going to use this with a pc over a HDMI connection. This doesn't support FullHD 1080P streched in to full display area through a HDMI connection with a PC(Came to know this after contacting LG customer care) Its nature of this and there is known solution for this except using DVI or VGA DB15 connector.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, 28 Jan 2012
This review is from: LG D2342P-PN 23 inch Widescreen 3D LED Monitor (Accessory)
I use this monitor for my home office and PS3 which it's perfect for. You won't find any flashy features that you will on a more expensive monitor or TV but for the price, this is the best monitor I could find.
The picture quality is as good as you'll get. I've not seen other 3D montitors so can't compare the 3D quality but it seems good.
There is only one HDMI port and there are no built in speakers but this is fine as long as you know what to expect. There's a jack plug for output to another audio device (such as an Ipod dock) so HDMI audio can be routed through this port.

I would recommend this monitor

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - but bundle needs improvement, 10 Dec 2011
MerC "MerC" (Hastings, East Sussex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LG D2342P-PN 23 inch Widescreen 3D LED Monitor (Accessory)
I ordered this monitor from Amazon yesterday and it arrived today. No dead pixels. Two pairs of passive glasses - one to clip on existing glasses - are included *
As you might expect with monitors, it is quick and easy to set up and to install the drivers from the CD supplied (although the ones in Windows 7 appear to work fine) **
The clips were the only 3D I'd seen outside a cinema and is mightily impressive. The bunch of roses seemed almost to sit on my desk (if flowers can be said to sit) ***
The short clips supplied also had some highly realistic 3D ****.

I could have dropped half a star (if this had been possible) because of the ill-thought out inclusions. First, the tech specs say this monitor has HDMI connectivity - which it has, so why on Earth, or anywhere else in the cosmos, was an HDMI lead not supplied? They have to be cheaper than the two leads included in the package which are totally superflous to requirements. Hasn't someone ever told LG that the UK does not have 2-pin power sockets? Fortunately, a previous review warns of this lead lack, and I ordered one separately. However, I later found that my system recognises this monitor as digital and will play protected BluRay in spite of the copy protection, even without the HDMI lead. I also wonder why the software company who supplied some of the 3D material is selling other fairly usless 3D stuff, which is of little interest except to show off 3D, when they should be giving it away. It's not as though they're being asked to supply free feature films.
The next two points may be down to me, and not having found how to.... yet. There is a well-known game supplied on a DVD (Assassin's Creeed - The Brotherhood). I installed and updated this (8.56Gb on my HDD, so it's not a demo) but when I try to play it asks for a CD key, which I can't find anywhere. A workround is to contact UbiSoft Customer Service with your life history and a scan of the Amazon receipt. What a palaver - or is this me missing something?
The TriDef player (ver 1.5.1 when updated) also adamantly refuses to recognise BluRay discs, copy protected (Conan) or not (Planet Earth) in the BD player in my pc, even with an HDMI lead in place, so I have to play them in 2D using a different DVD player.
As far as games go, Dungeons and Dragons Online does play in 3D (but only using DX9, whereas the 2D can use DX11). Age of Conan and Aion do not. Now all I need is my desktop in 3D - anyone know how to do this? You can't really leave the glasses in place when working in 2D - the raster lines are intrusive and text is very difficult to read.
BTW is there a real difference between this model and the LG D2342P-PN.AEK 23 inch Backlit Wide Screen 3D Full HD LCD LED 3D Monitor - Black Glossy is being back-lit an advantage and should I have bought that one instead?

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, especially at current price of ~180, 9 Nov 2011
This review is from: LG D2342P-PN 23 inch Widescreen 3D LED Monitor (Accessory)
I received this monitor today and played with it for some hours till now and the monitor itself is very good in 2D and 3D is really awesome. Especially Tridef 3D software bundled with it (updated to latest one from Tridef 3D application update option; this is custom LG Tridef 3D application); this software can convert 2D videos to 3D without any issues and games have profiles and are really good. I tried playing Deux Ex - Human Revolution and game-play is good.

Although like all other 3D monitors the angle and tilt is really important which is quite in range but still needs adjustment if you are changing your place time to time.

I will recommend it to everyone if they need some 3D monitor cheap and good features.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›