on 1 July 2012
This is a fantastic camera!!! I have used it in anger at a number of do's since buying it and it has performed brilliantly. The battery lasts, it's fast, it's accurate, it's light. Great value for money. I am having to get familiar with the focusing, as this is confusing, but it generally gets it right and getting used to a camera is all part of the falling in love with it... One thing to note is that if you buy the D5100/18-105mm kit, it might come from a German company and the printed manual is only in German. Fear not though, there is a CD in the pack with all languages on - phew!
on 23 July 2012
I spent much time debating the merits of the D5100 against the more expensive D7000. I have used Nikon SLRs for many years owning a string of film SLRs and lastly a D70. Anyway the Nikon D5100 with the 18 - 105 kit offer came up at a cracking price and I decided to go for it. I have to say very pleased with the package.Its easy to use and superb results. Its a great camera and really does most things I need and has a significant price advantage against the D7000. For me the only downside to the D5100 is the omission of a motor in the body to cope with older af lenses. Having said that I sold my old kit complete so have started again.I dont think anybody buying the Body or this kit would not be delighted.
on 9 March 2013
Love the camera however the Instructions and plug are not English, not a problem as just need adaptor and camera is easy enough to work out with a little playing.
on 17 July 2012
Now used the camera in a number of situations and getting to grips with the settings. Picture quality is good and set up is relatively easy.
on 15 December 2012
This Camera offers the user a great way to learn how to use a Dslr Camera,while being clever enough for the more advanced user to enjoy their hobby
on 31 December 2015