4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent planters
We are using them in our front entrance, to install the plants its so much easier than the lined hanging baskets. Even after a couple of weeks the plants are taking hold and growing to cover the whole of the basket. As long as you are not too hard on the clipped sides where you place the plants, you should be able to use these year after year.
Published on 16 May 2011 by camelot kid

3.0 out of 5 stars holy
The baskets are certainly easy to fill and look good, and were delivered in just a few days at a very fair price. They take between 18 and 24 plants to fill and a surprising amount of compost. My main concern is that it looks like when you water the basket the compost may well wash out through the mesh in the inserts. I guess the designers know better than me but I...
Published 22 months ago by SaintBob

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent planters, 16 May 2011
This review is from: 4 x Easy fill hanging baskets 14" Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, but some information omitted that you need to know, 27 April 2014
Mrs. E S. Shore (Nottingham England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 4 x Easy fill hanging baskets 14" Black
I saw these on a shopping channel and thought they were a brilliant idea. And they are, but there are some points I wish I'd been aware of before buying so I'll cover them here. Firstly when filled with plants and compost (bear in mind you need around 17 plants per basket...4 in the bottom layer, 8 in the middle and around 5 to plant the top) they are extremely heavy. I mean seriously heavy! I had already had 6 brackets put up and had I been aware of how heavy they are I would have researched heavy duty hanging basket brackets. The ones I had weren't really cheap, but you can get better, and the hook where you hang the basket bent to a 45 degree angle immediately. They are still holding though after a week, but I'm concerned the ones on the side of the doorways will pull out from the wall. Get them put up really securely. Don't even think about using those high/low gadgets to make easier watering, they won't hold, not a chance, however, the free swivel hooks are very good, and very strong.

Secondly, you're supposed to 'dome' the compost at the top according to a video I watched (search on youtube) and you do actually need to do this to get the top plants' roots in deep enough, due to the plants below. However, when you water it the compost floods out everywhere. I ran my thumb around the edge to create a little well, but I'd advise a really fine rose setting on the watering can/hose, and keep stopping to let it sink in. It's a bit difficult to know when you've watered enough to reach the bottom plants, but I'm just checking the plants themselves daily.

Even though the flowers on my plants aren't out yet, they already look good and I can tell they're going to look much better than any I've had before. After a week, the lower layer plants are still looking healthy so I think I'm going to have a lovely display this summer.

I'd definitely recommend them, but just be aware of the weight and make sure the brackets are strong, and that they're put up really securely. Hope this helps!

5.0 out of 5 stars NOTHING CAN COMPARE TO EASY FILL BASKETS, 2 July 2014
This review is from: 4 x Easy fill hanging baskets 14" Black
I have used easy fill hanging baskets for the last 3 years and they are still in perfect condition. Last year I planted Geraniums and this year decided on both Trailing and upright petunias. I am disabled and have problems with dexterity but these easy fill baskets are WONDERFUL, they are strong and well made. I have 4 outside the front of my home. I bought really good Brackets from a company that makes different dogs profiles . So the top of each bracket is a Golden Retriever standing proudly and underneath is the easy fill hanging basket. Every day people stop and admire the Baskets, even the council gardening team has been around to have a look. I have ordered 6 Easy fill baskets and 6 wall mounted easy fill planters for the back of my property. I highly recommend these Baskets. One tip I will say is when you first plant up your baskets a small amount of soil can escape from behind the mesh gate, to prevent this I use a small amount of saphgam moss, it prevents the soil escaping when you water them also it acts like a cushion for young plants and prevents them from getting bruised against the side of the Basket.

5.0 out of 5 stars hanging baskets, 7 Jun. 2012
This review is from: 4 x Easy fill hanging baskets 14" Black
Bought these baskets elsewhere and couldn't get any more until I came across them through Amazon. They are the best and easiest baskets ever used, the only drawback is that the compost tends to fall through the holes in the 'portcullis' above the plant - solved by putting garden plant fleece on it before composting. Compost secure and plants thriving!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best!, 9 July 2011
This review is from: 4 x Easy fill hanging baskets 14" Black
These are the best hanging baskets I have ever seen or used. The system of 'click in' covers is just brilliant and quite heavily rooted plants can be inserted without problem. Quality chain and fittings too.

5.0 out of 5 stars easy fill baskets, 20 Oct. 2011
Maureen (manchester uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 4 x Easy fill hanging baskets 14" Black
brilliant produce so simple and easy to use, using winter flowers at present absolutly sure summer flowers will give an even better display. First rate product

5.0 out of 5 stars Hanging baskets, 6 Dec. 2011
This review is from: 4 x Easy fill hanging baskets 14" Black
These are the most superb hanging baskets, look brilliant when in bloom, I have brought them for quite a few of my friends anh they love them.

5.0 out of 5 stars cheaper than on tv, 16 Feb. 2012
M. Leonard (basingstoke uk.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 4 x Easy fill hanging baskets 14" Black
Not ready to use them just yet, it's only february but they appear to be well made, very sturdy and designed to contain a lot of plants, looking forward to lots of colour in the garden in the spring

5.0 out of 5 stars Hanging baskets, 17 Oct. 2011
Ms. Maureen McGovern (Norfolk England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 4 x Easy fill hanging baskets 14" Black
This particular type of hanging basket is much more robust than previous ones that I've had. The design makes it easier to secure the chains and also the windows are easier to clip into place. I'm very happy with this product and if in the future I may need more baskets, these would be my first choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Baskets, 15 Nov. 2012
This review is from: 4 x Easy fill hanging baskets 14" Black
Bought these back on the 20th October, mainly due to the price and for the summer of 2013. I decided not to have them standing around until then so I planted them with winter pansies at the end of October, and all I can say is wow, the plants were established after about a week and are now thriving. Simply to plant and superb value for money,these planters are far better than the standard hanging baskets that can be bought for much less money, but if like me you decide to pay that little extra you wont be disappointed. Hope they will last but can't comment on that as they are on a few months old.
Will be buying another 4 in the near future.

4 x Easy fill hanging baskets 14" Black