4.0 out of 5 stars Fairly good Danish thriller from 1997
This 1997 Danish thriller will find itself particularly popular among fans of Denmark's Sofie Gråbøl of The Killing. Sofie plays Mona who's about to marry Martin who is currently away in Hong Kong. It's Mona's hen party when we meet the characters and Mona has concerns about her best friend Anne who has become involved with a dangerous sect.
This is certainly not my...
Published on 6 Oct. 2011 by Mikey

2.0 out of 5 stars A poor attempt at a thriller
Filmed "on a budget" I would imagine and not a big one.
I wasn't convinced of the mesmeric abilities of the "doctor" and his wife and the scenes of indoctrination were very unconvincing - are people really that dumb? I don't think so.
Published on 25 Nov. 2011 by Paul Morris

4.0 out of 5 stars Fairly good Danish thriller from 1997, 6 Oct. 2011
Mikey (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Credo (1997) ( Sekten ) (DVD)
This is certainly not my favourite Danish film, but it's far from the worst. Sofie appears in most scenes of the film and displays her usual wide range of acting talents. Well done Sofie!
Swedish Wallander fans will also notice Stina Ekblad appear as well as Lars Brygmann who starred in DR's fantastic Rejseholdet / Unit One.
This particular version of the film has English subtitles, however when English is occasionally spoken there are no subtitles.

2.0 out of 5 stars A poor attempt at a thriller, 25 Nov. 2011
Paul Morris "Unclemo" (Ventnor ,England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Credo (1997) ( Sekten ) (DVD)
Filmed "on a budget" I would imagine and not a big one.
I must confess to buying this simply because Sofie Grobel was featured but even she was obviously on a "weekend off" from acting!
Not a good movie by any means.

Credo (1997) ( Sekten )
Credo (1997) ( Sekten ) by Susanne Bier (DVD)
Out of stock