Now, I've been using WordPress since June 2008 ... and this guide is a fantastic treasure trove of hints tips and must-use plugins.

Written in a free-flowing and friendly style, the book is easy to read without being patronising.

Published on 24 Jan 2012 by Steve Mayne

1.0 out of 5 stars Insubstantial
It has to be said that the ease with which any ordinary Joe is able publish a book now is both liberating and problematic. I believe that books like this one would never get published by a traditional publisher.

Published on 27 Aug 2012 by M. Edwards

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have purchase - An excellent guide for Novices and Experts alike, 24 Jan 2012
Steve Mayne (Waterlooville, Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: WordPress Power Guide - Using WordPress to Blog Your Way to Success - Blogging Guide (Kindle Edition)

We've implemented a bunch of things I'd not thought of ... or read about on the web elsewhere ... if you buy just one WordPress book - make it this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Most Helpful Wordpress Guide on Kindle, 8 Dec 2011
I decided to pick up the Wordpress Power Guide because it gave the impression that I was missing out with Wordpress. Even though I have been using Wordpress on my websites for many years this book taught me plenty of things that I never new. It was easily the best Wordpress guide in the Kindle marketplace.

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, 22 Jan 2013
A possibly helpful resource, bought as a back up when trying to get into Wordpress. It's on my backup information shelf!

5.0 out of 5 stars A clear and excellent guide, 8 Nov 2012
PaulDC (Nr Ashby de la Zouch, England) - See all my reviews
Wordpress was recommended to me and I bought this guide as I'm not very IT literate. I found it to be comprehensive and detailed and, above all, clear. Even though it is filled with everything I needed to know, it did not baffle me with technical language I couldn't understand. A very useful tool which has helped me to create my own web site with ease.

1.0 out of 5 stars Insubstantial, 27 Aug 2012
M. Edwards (UK) - See all my reviews

This is really not so much a book as an pamphlet. There is the bare bones of a book here but there is no flesh on those bones. I have recently created a wordpress blog for the first time and have worked out myself how to purchase a domain, install Wordpress, read bits of the free Wordpress Codex and Google AdWords documentation and created a few pages. I was looking for a book that would take to the next level and this book promised to "Go Beyond The Basics and Make Your WordPress Site Rock". This book has not added to my basic knowledge.

I suppose the author would say "what do you expect for less than a fiver?" I think I have a right to expect more from a book calling itself a "Power Guide".