5.0 out of 5 stars Thought-provoking and disturbing
I watched this expecting to find it a bit pretentious. However, I loved it! It was extremely odd, but compelling - primarily an exploration of one girl's fight for perfection and the madness she drives herself to. I particularly enjoyed the way that as a viewer you are left unsure which parts are reality and which part her imagination. Critics have noted it's not a...
Published 23 months ago by LMK

3.0 out of 5 stars black swan
once again l build myself up only to be disappointed but l am sure l am in the minority here
Published 1 month ago by house elf

‹ Previous | 1 2 329 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Intense,disturbing, beautifully filmed and acted, despite seeming somewhat luridly melodramatic at times, 9 July 2014
I found myself really caught up in this film, despite sometimes thinking it was all rather ludicrous.

However, it is beautifully filmed, with some tremendous performances in the leading roles, and had me on the edge of my seat all the way through, and left me feeling quite disturbed.

I have no prior knowledge of, or interest in, ballet, but I related to the beautiful music, and the intensity, and competitiveness of the performances - which led to jealousy and emotional breakdown.

So, definitely a film worth seeing, in my opinion.

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 2 July 2014
B. Loose (UK) - See all my reviews
transaction for purchasing this DVD was excellent; the film itself is `grim/horrendous`!

3.0 out of 5 stars black swan, 1 July 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Thriller, 12 May 2014
This review is from: Black Swan (Amazon Instant Video)
This reminded me a little of an old Psychological Thriller called Jacobs Ladder but instead of the trauma that the lead character suffered from in that movie Black Swan has the whole ballet setting. Good but it is more of a thriller than horror.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dvd, 6 May 2014
This review is from: Black Swan [DVD] (DVD)
The Black Swan was purchased for my daughter , it got to us well with in the date stated and was securely packaged , she was made up with the item 😀

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 28 April 2014
Excellent film! very gripping. Not a film to watch with the parents tho ;). Highly recommended and very well made .

4.0 out of 5 stars Good film to watch, 18 April 2014
This review is from: Black Swan (Amazon Instant Video)
I had heard bad things about Black Swan but I think that those who wrote the film was not good either did not watch it or simply did not understand it. It is not a film about ballet though its setting is ballet. It is a very moving and rather dark exploration of the onset of a severe mental breakdown. Some scenes are a little too gory for my taste but overall I am glad I watched it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent film, 16 April 2014
This review is from: Black Swan [DVD] (DVD)
My family enjoyed watching the film> It has a good caste with a good story and many thetrical twists in it

5.0 out of 5 stars Black Swan, 2 April 2014
This review is from: Black Swan [DVD] (DVD)
I absolutely adore this movie! Its amazing and Natalie Portman and Mila Cunis are both brilliant and portray their characters amazingly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crazy Girl Nina, 18 Mar 2014
Mr. M. J. Reynolds "M J Reynolds" (Nantwich, England) - See all my reviews
I loved this film. It tells the story of a technically perfect but initially sexually frigid ballet dancer given the lead role in Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake in New York. It's a tale of madness under pressure in which Natalie as Nina overcomes her limitations to give the performance of a lifetime. If you have heard Fairport Convention's 'Crazy Man Michael' you will recognise the type of madness involved. Natalie Portman gives a richly deserved Oscar winning performance but the supporting cast is very, very good too.

‹ Previous | 1 2 329 | Next ›

Black Swan [Blu-ray]
Black Swan [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray - 2011)
20.72