Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 13 August 2008
this was an album with musicians and vocalists from several parts of the world,very dancy,grooves,outstanding soundscapes,'world' sounding to the unaquainted yet able to deliver amongst the variety of styles on this album,one of the most beautifull songs-many churches[recorded in new york and you can feel it!].a very difficult album to categorise,with joe pushing the limits as usual in many directions.if you like faces and places or two tribes,then you wont go wrong.
EXTRACT FROM INTERVIEW WITH ANIL PRASAD IN 1997-
Describe the message you wrote My People to convey[PRASAD].

[ZAWINUL]'It's a beautiful record. I like it a lot--it's one of my favorites. It says a lot of the things I want to say. It's more philosophy than music. There's a real communication within all of us and so many people deny their own thing. I always believe in the fact that the world is one thing--even when I was a kid we were in war and in spite of what happened, I always believed in the humanity of people of the world. I'm talking about all kinds of people. I grew up with that idea of many tribes. I believe that all people are great in every nation. I've been all over the world and I consider all of these people to be my people'
on 13 February 2016
All is good.....
on 15 December 2014
A pleasnat recording with talented musicians from a wide variety of countries.
on 20 March 2015