5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite!
I wasn't best pleased with 'Glee: The Music, Volume 4'. It was decent (and when you use that word for Glee, in general, it means rather good) and easy to listen to but it didn't really have that sense of wonder that you sometimes get at a Glee album, mainly due - I felt - to some perhaps ill-judged song choices.

I felt though - this time - the producers or...
Published on 18 April 2011 by austen_megabux

3.0 out of 5 stars OK
Not one of my favourites. Some of the tracks were good but others not very good. Not one of their best albums.
Little disappointing.
Published on 21 Jun 2012 by Laura1990

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite!, 18 April 2011
This review is from: Glee: The Music, Volume 5 (Audio CD)

I felt though - this time - the producers or whoever chose the songs, really hit the nail on the head.

The (few) weaknesses - I feel - of the album (because they have to be mentioned!)

'She's Not There' - The Zombies

Although a decent song, I didn't feel it was all that unique or plot-worthy in the actual story and not very forceful vocally either; so not my favourite!

'Afternoon Delight'

As a substitute of the negatively reviewed 'Do You Wanna Touch Me' (Oh Yeah), it is serviceable and good because because it showcases Emma's vocal's - Jayma Mays having a lovely voice. However, it doesn't really surivive more than a few listenings because it's not particularly interesting. There have been lots of other songs in this period that would have been far more appropriate, I felt (maybe something from "Blame It On The ALcohol"?) but this is probably due to having needed to substitute a song from 'Sexy' itself.

The true highlights of this album (and there are many!):

"Firework", "Take Me or Leave Me", and "Don't You Want Me" all heavily feature Lea Michele on vocals, and are a welcome return. The first shows just how much better a singer of Katy Perry she can be, as well as being wonderful in the show itself; the second, a duet of diva proportions, and Amber Riley certainly holds her own; and the delightful duet with Darren Criss is hilarious on-screen and wonderful when listening.

"Sing" and "Thriller/Heads WilL Roll" are the group performances of the album and whilst I prefer the first, they are both wonderful, interesting capable performances.

"Landslide" deserves a category unto itself! Although I think it would have been better had Naya Rivera sang more than just her tiny verse, Gwyneth Paltrow carries the song very well and it is beautiful on screen and off.

"Get It Right" and "Loser Like Me" are the two original songs and are FANTASTIC. The first is a typical Rachel solo but even better than normal due it being tailored specifically to her and the second is very HSM, very 'bubble-gum pop' but it is so Gleeky and unifying that you'd be an old grouch to even care.

There were also some good but not amazing songs that carry the album.

So in short: although it's easy to pick faults, I'd rather just listen to what could quite possibly be the best Glee album yet! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 29 April 2011
This review is from: Glee: The Music, Volume 5 (Audio CD)
This is another volume which shows how good the Glee covers are. It is great. The 'Thriller/ Heads Will Roll' mash-up and 'Landslide' are brilliant! Also, the two original songs: 'Get it Right' and 'Loser Like Me' are fantastic. Finally, 'Afternoon Delight' is a nice surprice, as I love Emma. The only dissappointment for me is 'Kiss' featuring Gwyneth Paltrow. Although I adore her, this song just isn't good. 'Tik Tok' would be a better choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of: GLEE SEASON 2 MUSIC VOLUME 5, 2 Jun 2011
This review is from: Glee: The Music, Volume 5 (Audio CD)
Overall this cd is very good. IT has a lot of tunes on with 16 happy songs. In my opinion this cd is one of the best glee cds. The best five songs on the CD are:
1. Loser Like Me- one of the original songs glee made and it is super!
2. Thriller/Heads will roll- these two songs go really well together, great mash-up
3. Get It Right- Another original song that you will listen too over again
4. P.Y.T (pretty young thing)- This is upbeat and I just love it.
5. Need you Now- This song really showed the Mckinley sports men that glee club is great.
These are my top 5 but there are lots of other songs like: Firework, Baby, Somebody to love and Don't you wamnt me which will make you sing and dance. This CD is quite upbeat compared to other glee cds. I think this glee cd is quite modern and is very exciting if you are a gleek. If you love glee and all the music then I would recommend this. If you aren't a gleek or you're not so keen on the list of songs that you can preview try another CD which suits you more. IN my opinion as a massive gleek I LOVE IT, but I'll leave it for you to decide. Please tell me if I helped you with my review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Glee Mad, 14 April 2011
If you are a Gleek this is for you!
This CD is great and full of all the new Glee tunes. It includes: Sing(feat Sue Sylvester)and Thriller/ Heads Will Role. Also, Tik Tok and P.Y.T from the valentines special.This new addition to Glee is well worth your money and will provide you with the best entertainment ever!

5.0 out of 5 stars very pleased. Thanks, 9 July 2014
This review is from: Glee: The Music, Volume 5 (Audio CD)
As described, arrived promptly, very pleased. Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Xmas gift, 13 Dec 2013
This review is from: Glee: The Music, Volume 5 (Audio CD)
Would shop from here again quick dispatch daughter was very happy with this kept her quite for hours on end

5.0 out of 5 stars Box Set, 28 Nov 2013
This review is from: Glee: The Music, Volume 5 (Audio CD)
My daughter loves Glee and it was a brilliant present to be able to buy the Box Set. The packaging was appropriate and the delivery was prompt.

5.0 out of 5 stars canny, 28 Aug 2013
This review is from: Glee: The Music, Volume 5 (Audio CD)
great service and quality, classic sound and picture, just up my street and down the road as well so canny

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good buy!, 17 Jun 2013
This review is from: Glee: The Music, Volume 5 (Audio CD)
It includes amazing songs, but the disc jumps a bit on my CD player. Still a very good purchase! xo

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 26 May 2013
The CD was very good. Great condition. Been looking for this CD for ages so was glad when I found it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Glee: The Music, Volume 5
Glee: The Music, Volume 5 by Glee Cast (Audio CD - 2011)