5.0 out of 5 stars 2 Bike Carrier
Got this cycle carrier for my Nissan Micra and it fits fine,i had to get a couple of extra straps as my bike is a step through electric bike otherwise it was fine,I am 82 and had no trouble mounting the bike, would recomend it as it is a good buy. George.
Published on 29 Sep 2011 by G Johnson

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great for a new Mini
I used this bike rack last week for a holiday. We had two bikes on the back of a New Mini. A little apprehensive at first and it did take us a while to assemble. Happily though we got to our destination with the bikes in one piece and were very happy with the rack.

Published 21 months ago by Mr. Jack Marshall

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 Bike Carrier, 29 Sep 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good!, 25 July 2011
This review is from: Universal 2 Bicycle Car Cycle Carrier (Misc.)
I drive a Ford Ka and I had looked everywhere for a bike carrier that would fit my humble little Go-Kart - Success!
Some assembling is required; for example - attaching the straps; a few screws and a few clips. The frame itself is already together and means your only job is to fold it to fit the shape of your car and tighten into position - job done. The carrier hooks around the boot which leaves you free to open and close it without the need to take the carrier off first - Handy.

The only thing missing is straps to fasten your bike to the carrier - Easily purchased for a few 's from anywhere that has a biking section etc.

I've had two bikes on it; they fit perfectly well and are held far enough out so they don't touch the car in any place (but this will depend on the position you fixed the frame into, you may need to trial and error putting the bike on before you get it right). The frame itself is padded so no need to worry that it may damage your vehicle. I've also has this carrier on the back of a Ford focus - Perfectly fine, no problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bike carrier, 31 May 2013
This review is from: Universal 2 Bicycle Car Cycle Carrier (Misc.)
Ive given this 5 stars because of cost. Obviouly there are better bike carriers around but would cost you 5 or 6 times as much again, For this money its an absolute bargain. I highly recommend this carrier.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, would recommend, 29 Mar 2012
This review is from: Universal 2 Bicycle Car Cycle Carrier (Misc.)
This cycle carrier, considering it's low cost, is good value and will serve it's purpose. It is much cheaper than anything else I could find online and for the cost I didn't expect a high quality cycle carrier. It arrived very quickly however one of the upper safety strap clamps was broken so I could not use it straight away. I phoned the seller and they were very helpful, a replacement part was dispatched and I received it the next day so am pleased with their customer service. The instructions, as other reviewers have already mentioned, are not very clear and it was a bit of a puzzle working out how to fit it - bear in mind that I've never fitted a cycle carrier before so had no previous experience to rely on. Similarly to another reviewer the carrier I received was also part assembled and seems it had been assembled the wrong way. It didn't take too long to figure out though and in all I'd say about half and hour to work the puzzle out. Now that it's adjusted for my car it takes less than a minute to attach the cycle carrier so very quick and easy to use after the initial setup. I've taken some photos of it attached to my car and have uploaded them into this listing. I know it fits differently onto different cars but perhaps it will be helpful to someone else to see some more detailed photos of it fitted as the photos on the instruction leaflet are not all that helpful or clear. For the price I'd recommend it, should serve the purpose well as I plan to carry two children's bikes short distances (less than 5 mile trips) on slow roads. I've marked it down by one star because I feel the fitting instructions and in particular the pictures/photos could have been clearer.

An update to say that I have used the carrier now to transport my bike and my daugher's bike. It worked a treat, felt very secure and the carrier did not move for the duration of our trip. I used my own bungee cords to secure the bicycles rather than using the ties which come as part of the kit. Very happy with this carrier, it works great.

4.0 out of 5 stars S Kelly Exeter, 11 Oct 2011
This review is from: Universal 2 Bicycle Car Cycle Carrier (Misc.)
Just tried it out recently with 2 bikes and it worked well. However, the down side to it was that there were no instructions included so we had to go by the pictures on the box. After about an hour we managed to get it set up to suit our car and it felt very secure. We also purchased some bungie straps as the straps supplied were not very good. Once it's set up to fit your car, it is very quick to do and we are happy with it!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great for a new Mini, 2 July 2012
This review is from: Universal 2 Bicycle Car Cycle Carrier (Misc.)

Sadly though when we took the rack of we noticed that the boot of the mini was scratched badly from the bottom bar of the bike rack. The two cushion buffers on the bottom bar were not strong enough and 'squished' on the journey meaning the base bar was resting on the car boot for the journey, bouncing along and causing scratches.

Whether this was due to the way we had positioned the rack I'm not sure. The instructions we received with the product are near useless and we only managed to attach the rack using customer images here on Amazon. If I was to give tips to others planning to purchase this product; buy some pipe protectors and put them on the base bar.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good carrier, awful instruction, 5 April 2013
This review is from: Universal 2 Bicycle Car Cycle Carrier (Misc.)
I have yet to try it with a bke, but fits easily and feels secure. You have to shift the padding down the arm a bit to stop scratching, ubt otherwise no problems. The instructions are practicaly non-existant, but it's basic to put together. There a few helpful websites out there to get you started. If you google 'car bike rack' pictures you can see how it fits together.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor product, 30 Aug 2012
This review is from: Universal 2 Bicycle Car Cycle Carrier (Misc.)
Quick delivery, however There were no instructions in the box.
The frame has left marks on my car paint and also had to be adapted with pipe lagging to prevent the metal scratching the paintwork.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price for a decent item, 8 Feb 2012
Mr. K. Fowler (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Universal 2 Bicycle Car Cycle Carrier (Misc.)
Used on my Ford Fiesta on a 400-mile round trip with no problems. 2 road bikes on the rack. 6 good fastening points, 2 top, 2 sides, 2 bottom, held it in place very well. I twisted the foam pieces off of their original positions to ensure the 1st bike did not sit on the metal, i.e. pushed the foam further down the tubes. The only criticism I have from this first use is that the foam is damaged from the gear/brake cable routing on the frame, as on my bike this sits in the corner of the crossbar/down tube. (The tiny tube piece where the cable insert sits).

So the foam tubing isn't that durable, but can always be replaced with plumbing foam and cable ties when it does completely go. Because of the price (22.75 + free shipping) it still gets 5* in my book; bargain! You will definitely need some bungee cords too, by the way. (NB: the only contact point of bike#1 with my car was the pedal, so I put some plumbing foam tubing around the pedal and tied it on with string, easy).

4.0 out of 5 stars Cycle carrier, 27 May 2013
This review is from: Universal 2 Bicycle Car Cycle Carrier (Misc.)
Arrived quickly by DHL. Put it together quite easily, although the instructions and pictures in the instruction booklet are not great.
On the box which the carrier arrived in, there is a photo of a white car with the carrier attached, this gave me the best idea of how it was supposed to be assembled and fitted to the car.
Don't know why they don't pre-assemble it with the straps and nuts and bolts already attached, then you would just have to adjust the angle of the 2 carrier prongs put it on the car and tighten the straps. Having said that, it's an excellent price compared to other carriers and once you have it attached to your vehicle, it's then set up for easy removal and refitting when needed. I would definitely recommend this product.

Here's a link (which I found after) to a pdf which shows much clearer instructions for assembly and fittings
[...]