5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price
Published 18 months ago by Knifeman

3.0 out of 5 stars This razor is a a great budget / mid range item
This razor is a a great budget / mid range item. I have had the razor for over a year and has not let me down. There are no signs of rust etc.

Published 6 months ago by Sure beats

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, 14 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Bluebeards Revenge Shavette Razor (Personal Care)
Just received this shavette today and tried it. For the low price, it's great. While it obviously doesn't look or feel like a £200 straight razor, I can't complain - it does its job well, and it's a lot cheaper than buying regular shaving razors. It did take some minutes and a couple of minor skin cuts to get the technique down, since I was used to regular plastic handle razors. The (single) blade is easy to introduce and block, though. The handle is plastic but looks good, and works fine. For the price, it's great.

5.0 out of 5 stars A more exiting way to shave., 12 Sept. 2014
This review is from: The Bluebeards Revenge Shavette Razor (Personal Care)
I can just about do a passable shave with this now, after about 5 or 6 attempts. It has helped that I went from Cartridge to D.E. and then to this, but I'm still a little afraid to do more than 1 pass, since the technique is still a little scary, but just to have it out on the bathroom ledge and to know that you can do it is fantastic enough and it looks cool too when you are doing it. I used YouTube and the wealth of videos of people teaching you, and to also see that it's not as dangerous as you'd think it was. Obviously if you do go Sweeny Todd style with it, it's only going to end up with lots of tomato sauce everywhere, but it is cheaper by having D.E. blades that you break in half for it and not having to learn how to hone and strop is also nice, as that's something else I've not learnt yet. But this is not the sort of razor you'd use in your morning rush. Time must be taken, particularly in the early stages of use and learning.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bluebeards Revenge Shavette, 22 Jun. 2014
This review is from: The Bluebeards Revenge Shavette Razor (Personal Care)
The Bluebeards Revenge shavette, I ordered this item on Wednesday 11th June late in the afternoon. I recieved the said item promptly by Monday morning which was very quick by Royal mail by post. The shavette does what it says on the box...It gives you a close shave which if not careful you could cause yourself some nicks. Of course it also depends on the razor blades you use, and your own technic in using a blade. That said my only issue with the shavette was actually opening up the three pronged sides, to put the razor in as it was a bit stiff. But as long as you follow the instructions, and use something to prise it open when first using, then hopefully it loosen and be alright after several use.

5.0 out of 5 stars but when you get into the regime it is a great close shave, 8 Nov. 2014
This review is from: The Bluebeards Revenge Shavette Razor (Personal Care)
I have always preferred the old way of shaving yes it takes longer by using a shaving cream and brush, but when you get into the regime it is a great close shave, did take about a week of shaving to get used to the angles and stop getting nics and if you cut yourself with this blade you can easily scar yourself and cause some serious damage. But if you take it slow you soon get the hang of it. Would recommend all of the bluebeards revenge products as they are all great products, some of them can be very expensive compared to the quicker way of shaving but if you look around on amazon you can see there are some great packaged deals where you get everything you need to start shaving the traditional way. I would suggest leaving your stubble for the first few days so when you shave you have enough stubble to work with. My stubble grows very quickly I have a beard if I don't shave for 3 days so I use this shaver everyday. I always replace the blade with a fresh one daily, This is not for people who do not grow stubble properly or if your stubble is sparse as you will just cut yourself. packaging was great and so was the service. have used them again since and will carry on doing so. would recommend if you like doing this properly,

3.0 out of 5 stars This razor is a a great budget / mid range item, 27 Nov. 2014
This review is from: The Bluebeards Revenge Shavette Razor (Personal Care)

The main reason for only awarding 3 starts is due to how hard it is to fasten the blade in the clamp perfectly straight. In almost every occasion the blade doesn't sit straight first time. After a bit of fiddling I can correct it and it works well.

As long as you are not in a rush, this is a great value razor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much easier than a standard cut throat, 10 April 2014
This review is from: The Bluebeards Revenge Shavette Razor (Personal Care)
Used a cut throat for years, even after hours of honing there was always a little bit of tugging on hairs. With this the blades are already perfectly sharp, the first time I used it was on December the first, so I fitted in a blade, put it under my nose and got ready to wince as I dragged it down my surprisingly thick movember moustache. It practically glided down my lip and with no discomfort I had given myself a kind of reverse Hitler. I then did the sides and again in one pass, the moustache was gone. I had been using a cut throat for a few years so I can't comment on whether this one is good for beginners but it is much easier to use than my other razor and you know that the blade is perfect. When I started with my other one I often felt the blade was sharp enough and I'd have done as well to use a comb. These don't need stropping either. This and a pack of blades, and some shaving cream is all you need. I generally find I get a shave and a half out of a blade but they're a few pence each and feel so much better than a modern multi-blade and this obviously doesn't get clogged up with each pass. With all cut throats, to get the closest shave go against the grain and I would always recommend applying the shaving cream with a shaving brush as this makes the hair stand on end and cuts better. I've been using the Derby blades and they work great

5.0 out of 5 stars it's Grand, 23 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The Bluebeards Revenge Shavette Razor (Personal Care)
yeah it's, what I expected, what I paid for and what I got. so I have no cause for complaint

4.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous shave but overpriced for the actual quality of item!, 16 Mar. 2015
SuziB - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Bluebeards Revenge Shavette Razor (Personal Care)
I wouldn't say the quality of this reflects the price. i.e. it should be cheaper, it's just a couple of bits of crappy plastic with a logo! It's not awful, it's not going to fall to bits or anything, but I thought the handle would be metal or wooden for the price, not plastic. However it's functionality, which I suppose is the important bit, IS 5 stars. My husband has never had such a good, smooth shave, baby soft skin, even when stroked against the grain! Which is incredibly impressive considering he seems to grow wire from his chin rather than hair! The replacement blades are a fraction of the cost of "standard" razors too. Over the life of this razor I expect to save literally hundreds of pounds in replacement blades, so when you factor that in, the initial cost becomes a lot more bearable. It took very little time (& even less blood!) to get the hang of shaving like this too, so if you think it's too much like hard work, think again, hubby said it's no harder than learning to shave as a lad, just a different technique.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT PRODUCT, 5 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Bluebeards Revenge Shavette Razor (Personal Care)
Delivered in a few days... its light strong very shiny and it shaves like a dream, I recommend this product to any man seeking close traditional skilled shaving, it holds the blades tight and is very accurate to shave with and more importantly its as close as it can get.... baby smooth. Many thanks.

4.0 out of 5 stars very good., 21 Aug. 2013
This review is from: The Bluebeards Revenge Shavette Razor (Personal Care)
for a cheap shavette it does the job nicely. it is not the most visually pleasing but for the price you cant complain. i would recommend this item to a friend if they was looking for a cheap reliable first time shavette.

The Bluebeards Revenge Shavette Razor