5.0 out of 5 stars Great edition of a fun series
Published on 1 Dec. 2011 by LLeuad

3.0 out of 5 stars Cardboard case
Just a quick word on the case these discs come in. It's absolute garbage, the discs end up moving about and falling out of their slots. When mine arrived in the post I had to relocate them all. I see a trip to the multi case shop in my immediate future!
Published 22 months ago by Zpaulg

5.0 out of 5 stars Great edition of a fun series, 1 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Star Trek: Enterprise - The Full Journey [DVD] (DVD)
Whether or not you like this particular Star Trek spin-off is something you will have decided for yourself by now, especially if you are considering buying this box-set. I still think it is an underrated series; it was always dodgy moving back to a pre- Original Series era, especially (as has often been pointed out) everything was going to look so much better and modern than the OS gear. Having said that, Enterprise can hold its own, especially in those episodes that take up issues from later series (e.g. Prime Directive) and show what happened in the beginning and how these directives were arrived at. These episodes are not nearly as cumbersome and dire as I feared they would be, there is some intelligent storytelling here and the characters rarely make those silly decisions that serve only to fill out the script and have the audience shaking their heads in disbelief.

As for the box set, this is a sturdy little box, taking up less space than the slimline editions with each of the four seasons packaged in a cardboard fold-out the size of a regular DVD case. All in all this is sturdy, stylish and space-saving packaging, which will look good in any DVD collection, but at £75 it is a little overpriced (considering the slimline sets sell for as little as £10 at the moment).

4.0 out of 5 stars Great except one problem!, 12 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Star Trek: Enterprise - The Full Journey [DVD] (DVD)
If your looking at the complete boxset then you probably already made up your mind that you like Star Trek, if you've never seen Enterprise then it is highly recommended (I prefer it to the original series and Voyager at least). It has a great story, characters, alien races - everything you can expect from Star Trek!

Some people have complained about picture quality on this and some other complete boxsets, but I had no problem with it, identical to any of this series I have previously seen on TV, its DVD not blue-ray!

One downside would be the packaging, it looks brilliant and is one of the best I have seen. However, it has one major flaw - the cardboard case left every disk with visible scratches on them before I even used them (they all worked fine but am worried about how long they will last with repeated use). The other thing that annoyed me was that there is no "play all" option on the DVDs, which meant having to pick an episode then press play and go out of it again to start the next episode. This is fine for selecting a single episode but not when you want to watch through the whole series in a row.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Series, 2 May 2013
This review is from: Star Trek: Enterprise - The Full Journey [DVD] (DVD)
A much underrated series amongst all the Star Trek franchise series. Enterprise pulls you into its environment and you feel as though you too are part of the first deep space adventure. The characters are believable and their inter-relationships become facinating, providing a dimension that wasn't so evident in earlier Star Trek series. My only disappointment was that Paramount pulled the plug after 4 Enterprise series with just less than 100 episodes in the box set. The final episode seems to be a means for the writers to give the finger to the studio and for me, it was bad. I prefer to consider the second to last episode as the climax of the set and it is a fitting end, but people will make their own minds up about it.

I never saw the final series on TV as I think it moved from the BBC to Sky, but I'm glad I bought the box set as it was great to re-visit those episodes I had seen all those years ago and to see how it concluded (by the second to last episode!). Well worth the purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cardboard case, 15 Aug. 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Star Trek Enterprise, 9 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Star Trek: Enterprise - The Full Journey [DVD] (DVD)
When this originally showed on television, I did not have the oportunity to see it, hence this purchase. I am mainly a Next Generation and Voyager fan, but this series did interest me. My two favourite characters are the female vulcan and the doctor. This series takes place some decades before Captain James T. Kirk and is obviated by the naivety of the captain's decisions in the early episodes; his chosing to interfere with alien cultures purely on a whim (this, before the Prime Directive was introduced by Starfleet). The technology is more primitive too: they use a cable to latch onto other ships etc., instead of a tractor beam and they display great reluctance to use the transporter exept in times of absolute neccessity. Towards the end, Captain Jonathan Archer exchanges his naive persona for a more serious one. It is a very good guide to the Star Trek universe and answers many questions. I liked it ... :o)

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite Star Trek series, 1 April 2013
This review is from: Star Trek: Enterprise - The Full Journey [DVD] (DVD)
This my favourite Star Trek series. No silly episodes. I think the most believable of all the Star Trek series. Great for those who like serious SciFy. The disk set is clearly labelled. My only aggravation was the elaborate procedure required to move on to the next episode.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Entertainment, 13 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Star Trek: Enterprise - The Full Journey [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this as a present as I already own it and have watched every episode with enjoyment. I am a life long Star Trek fan, and while I would not say I love all Star Trek series, I did find Enterprise very entertaining and thoroughly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Big Fan of Enterprise., 13 July 2013
This review is from: Star Trek: Enterprise - The Full Journey [DVD] (DVD)
I must admit when I first watched Star trek Enterprise series. It left me with lots of questions. Not about any problems from ordering to packaging, or any other problems from amazon. But the questions was mainly about the layout, and the technology and modern look of the ship and the interior of the ship. Like one for example: If the Enterprise NX-01 was predated before The Enterprise NCC-1701?. How come they had touch screen technology and flat screens on the Enterprise NX-01. But on the Enterprise NCC-1701, the one Captain kirk was on. They had flick switches, and big monitors, probably CRT " Cathode Ray tube " and the modern look of Enterprise NX-01 Ship should of been somewhat different, as it looks modern than Kirks Ship. So I think they had some issues regarding technology there. Anyhow, I have had this complete series of Enterprise, and I found not one problem with the box, or the packaging or anything for that matter. The one regret is I got rid of it and found myself missing it. That's why I'm re-ordering it again, and this time keeping it no matter what, and it will look good next to the other box sets of star trek DVD's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great slim line packaging, excellently mastered, 9 Aug. 2013
Kingma Johannes "Johannes" (Zürich, Switzerland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Star Trek: Enterprise - The Full Journey [DVD] (DVD)
A great production and a must have for every Star Trek fan. The slim line DVD boxes allow for easy handling and compact amount of space on you shelve of TOS, TNG and DS9 and of course the special movie (1-9) box.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sadly I like it. Alot, 27 July 2013
This review is from: Star Trek: Enterprise - The Full Journey [DVD] (DVD)
Watched a few episodes on sky Atlantic but the show was on during work hours or when the kids wanted the telly. Even though I have sky+ it was still difficult to get to watch the series from the very beginning and so it led me to buy the DVD pack and now watch it at night in bed. It is better than the sky series as no annoying adverts (main reason why I don't bother with much telly) and find the picture quality is better, its still going and have not watched the whole series yet so well worth the money.

Star Trek: Enterprise - The Full Journey [DVD]