4.0 out of 5 stars Decent entry level cordless phones
This is our 3rd set of cordless phones in about 5 years. The first two were BT phones and we'd found what most people do, that after a while - perhaps about 2 years - the batteries don't charge up so well and the phones go dead very easily.

For our last set of cordless phones, I bought replacement rechargeable AAA batteries (Duracell, so a good brand) but that...
Published on 23 Nov. 2011 by Gooner Paul

2.0 out of 5 stars Battery life is poor, choose a model with AA not AAA cells
Battery life is poor, choose a model with AA not AAA cells.

For a tenner more you can bet bigger batteries and a lot more features. Look further up the Gigaset range.Bought my partner a C620, loads better.
Published 9 months ago by Paul

2.0 out of 5 stars Battery life is poor, choose a model with AA not AAA cells, 4 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Gigaset A400 DECT Cordless Phone - Single (Electronics)
Battery life is poor, choose a model with AA not AAA cells.

1.0 out of 5 stars very poor quality. Disappointing, 12 Mar. 2015
Georg Ritter (Santa Clara, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gigaset A400 DECT Cordless Phone - Single (Electronics)
The instructions are impossible to understand, the phone menu is counter-intuitive. The instructions given to listen to a message left by my phone provider did not work, for instance. And now the headset has stopped being recognized by the base, and then again, the instructions do not help, so the phone cannot be used anymore. Very, very poor quality. Disappointing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with this purchase, 5 Jun. 2013
K. M. A. Vries "KMA" (KMA) - See all my reviews
This phone is a good replacement for our previous cordless. I have managed to work out how to use it hands free which I never did on the previous one so I guess it must be simpler to use! Some of the functions - like checking missed calls - seem a little long-winded but all in all we are pleased. Very long life charge as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent handset to replace an old BT handset that could ..., 8 Oct. 2014
NothingLess (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gigaset A400 DECT Cordless Phone - Single (Electronics)
Decent handset to replace an old BT handset that could not hold a battery charge for longer than 5 minutes. The batteries in these last ages and the speaker phone is loud and clear. Not the most handsome set, but functionality wise, had everything I was looking for!

4.0 out of 5 stars OK, 27 Dec. 2013
Not the cheapest, but works. Does what it says on the tin, easy to set up and useful to have the three handsets. Amazing how far the home land line phones lag behind modern mobiles in functionality - almost all of them represent poor value for money in comparison.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good low budget phones, 22 April 2014
These are good phones for the price. The display is a bit hard to read and the stands are a bit flimsy, but they are easy to programme and have good volume. I like the fact you can send your contacts to the other phone to save entering them all again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 13 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Gigaset A400 DECT Cordless Phone - Single (Electronics)
I'm another customer ditching a BT phone because of battery problems! Easy to set up, uses AAA rechargeable batteries. Default ringtone is a bit quiet, changed to ringtone 03 and max volume and it's fine.

Doesn't do SMS.

Noticed a slight bug - the missed calls list doesn't always display the caller ID even though it's in phone book.

The missed calls list displays one line alternating between name and date/time of call - with 3 lines on the screen the whole screen should have been used.

2.0 out of 5 stars phone, 27 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Gigaset A400 DECT Cordless Phone - Single (Electronics)
could not understand instructions. after trying for 2 hours I put it back I the box. my daughter tried but and got it working but when I took plug out of wall socket to move it ,it stopped working again. sent it back

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought these as they got a lot of good reviews. I would recommend them, 26 Aug. 2014
Bought these as they got a lot of good reviews. I would recommend them. Easy to set up, good battery life (so far) only had them a few weeks. I also like the fact that you can copy directory to other phone(s).

4.0 out of 5 stars Gigaset A400 cordless phone set, 14 July 2012
Decided on gigaset cordless phone as we have had this make before. I'm glad I bought phone set, it is priced very keenly and is easy to use as larger number and dial suits older members of our family.

Gigaset A400 DECT Cordless Phone - Single