4.0 out of 5 stars Good but very short
Although this is an entertaining read, I think to describe it as a book would be stretching it a little, it is a short story, more of the length you would see published in a magazine. To give you an idea of the size, I read this in the 15 minutes I was queuing to get my nails done - and I still had time to spare!!

Don't let the length put you off, Effie at the...
Published on 11 Jun 2011 by BookBliss

3.0 out of 5 stars Effie at the Wedding
Downloaded it for free. Took about 10-15 mins to read, so ok for a quick coffee break read. Amusing, easy reading, just ended very quickly.
Published 23 months ago by Sue

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but very short, 11 Jun 2011
BookBliss (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Effie At The Wedding (The Effie Stories Book 1) (Kindle Edition)

Don't let the length put you off, Effie at the Wedding is only 70p and it is an entertaining read, Marchini has a fabulous sense of humour which really shines through. The centre of this novel is the wedding of Effie's sister, Ophelia, Ephie is a bridesmaid and is less than impressed with the dress she has been asked to wear. She also shares with us her feelings about various members of her family, in a very short space of time she manages to paint a very vivid and funny picture of her nearest and dearest.

The one thing that I really didn't like about this was the volume of lists produced, I know that this was meant to be a character trait (it is mentioned by her sister) but in a full length novel this would have played out fine but in a short story there really were too many.

For the same price as a chocolate bar Effie at the Wedding is a story to lift your mood (which I really needed when I read this). If Marchini releases a full length novel I'll definitely be buying it as I think it will be a read to rival Helen Fielding.

4.0 out of 5 stars Thoughts of a teenager, 14 Mar 2012
Damaskcat (UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Even though I haven't been a teenager for more years than I care to think about I thought this was an entertaining short story. Effie makes lists of advantages and disadvantages of any situation and tries to avoid the diets her mother puts her on. Her beautiful big sister, Ophelia, is getting married and has dressed her sister in sugar pink which makes her look like a meringue. Effie would prefer it if her sister didn't get married and worries that George is not the right person for her.

The story brought Effie to life for me. She tries her best to be grown up but she isn't quite ready to make that transition yet. This is an amusing light read for anyone - young or old.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Fun read, 24 Jan 2012
Effie is a great character; her antics are humorous and she gives off a real-life teenager vibe. It is very short- I read it in a half-hour car trip to my nan's house! Highly recommended- I will definitely be reading more Effie Green books.

3.0 out of 5 stars Effie at the Wedding, 29 Sep 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars effie at the wedding, 10 Sep 2012
enjoyable but too short just when you started to get into it the book ended.netherless was amusing and easy reading

2.0 out of 5 stars glad I didnt pay for it, 13 Aug 2012
I was expecting a short story but....read the book during a advert break! would not have paid for this book but for free it was what it said! the book was ok - finished really quick and suddendly, no real story to go on - just a young girl who was bridesmaid for her sister if they took all the lists out then would only be about 5 pages long!

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun Book, 1 Dec 2013
Downloaded this onto my kindle for free - not many pages but a good feel good book. Really enjoyed it

3.0 out of 5 stars Too short, 20 Oct 2013
I thought this book was really good,and just as I was getting into it, it ends! If anymore effie books get made, I hope they are a bit longer.

2.0 out of 5 stars Eddie at the wedding., 14 Jun 2013
So short not really worth downloading.story ok but nothing special. Don.t think I would. Recommend. This book to anyone who likes to settle with a good long book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 29 April 2013
I rather enjoyed reading this book although i like books with quite a few more chapters to them but still was a good read