Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.99

on 6 April 2007
A good Saga from Rosie Goodwin. The story centres round Grace Collins who lived with her Aunt Emily who was an evil person to her. The prologue opened with Emily telling Grace to get downstairs and as soon as these words were said I could imagine this. I liked Rosie's description of the office where Grace worked and her friend Norma I thought was a very happy go lucky person.

When Grace met Barry Swan who worked at the same firm Grace seemed to fall in love with him very quickly, who could blame her though after the terrible fate she endured at the hands of her Aunt.

I liked the description of the Dance Hall and then came the arrival of the smooth cad named Philip Golding who had Grace under his spell.

Billy the character who had Down's Syndrome I thought was very good and he had a very caring nature just like Rosie herself.

Rosie's description of the house that Golding found was very isolated in the country and given the fact that Grace was a very outgoing person I didn't think that this house suited her at all.

There is a surprise ending for Golding (I won't spoil it for those who have not read it) but it was quite amazing.

From time to time I enjoy Sagas because to me its like going back in time, in Rosie's book it was the 1960's and I can remember this very well.

Amazon ask you to rate this item, I've given it 5 stars but its worth a lot more.

All the best to Rosie and thanks for a great read.
on 29 January 2007
Rosie Goodwin has to be one of the most prolific novelist working in Britain today. And what amazes me most is that, despite turning out four books a year, the quality of her work is so high. Dancing Till Midnight is no exception. This contains all of Goodwin's trademarks: a gripping story, a fair few twists and turns, and characters that you really care about. Here is a writer who puts their heart and soul into every single word.

Dancing Till Midnight is one of those books that will have you reading "just one more chapter" even though you know you should turn off the light. You have been warned!

If you've never read any of Rosie Goodwin's books, do yourself a favour and buy one today.
on 8 February 2008
After reading a number of Rosie Goodwin's novels I have come to expect 4 things.
1. Rosie's novels are page turners. You WILL be fighting sleep in order to read another chapter.
2. Good twists that are unexpected and usually kept to the end.
3. The chracters are well rounded, real and you really do care about them. Even the 'bad guys' become so wicked and evil that your wanting to take justice into your own hands! Your so keen to see them get what they deserve.
4. A damn good story.

Dancing Till Midnight is no exception and Rosie has yet again writen a fabulous story about the life of Grace. Following her through her meeting and life with her husband Barry through to the meeting with Philip and the events that follow. You will not be disapointed with this book (or any of Rosie's other novels)
on 26 September 2006
This is Rosie Goodwin's third book, and as I follow this author, I find she moves from strength to strength! Each book is just that much better than the one before...

Not only are these great sagas, but Ms. Goodwin manages to inject enough suspence to make you wonder if it's really a thriller in saga's clothing.

I see she has more due out soon, and you can bet I will be first in line to order them.

Please keep writing, Rosie Goodwin, I'm hooked for life!
on 28 December 2013
Rosie comes up trumps with this offering which really tells us that the grass isn't always greener on the other side or to be careful what we wish for.

The nasty characters again get their come uppances in a way not expected, I love how she does this, she must have real fun in thinking up ideas here!

What I did like was the way that the main character doesn't get to hold all the cards and that Ms Goodwin comes out on the side of the wronged husband but she uses her skill to have us care about the main character even though she falls from grace. The Come Dancing guy Paul comes across as slimy as they come, manipulating Grace's naiviety to behave against her better judgement.

The ending does not fall all neatly into place initially but we see it all come together happily.

All in all, another good read from our Rosie.
on 16 August 2013
This book had me engrossed from page 1 and such easy reading too, with a really heart rendering story that had me enthralled
on 13 August 2015
Wish I could give this 10 stars! Rosie has done it again. Brilliant read. Poor Grace, she has a rough time being brought up by an Aunt who didn't really want her and treated her appallingly. After marrying Barry and having two children she finds someone else to "turn her head". Things end up going from bad to worse when she gives birth to a baby who is "different" and ends up on her own and then being cared for by a friends mum. Lots of twists and turns, but I could not put this book down. I actually cried in the last paragraphThanks Rosie, but now maybe I could do some housework!! Or, could always read another Rosie Goodwin book!!
on 2 September 2013
This was the first Rosie Goodwin book I had read & I really did enjoy it, well written & a great storyline, off to start another one of Rosie's books now :)
on 6 December 2013
All Rosie Goodwin books are good and this is excellent. would recommend her books to anyone who haven't read them.
on 23 April 2016
Another 5 star. Once again I have not been able to put the book down and enjoyed every minute of it. I won't say anything about the story as other reviewers have covered that but suffice to say it's well worth the rating. Ms Goodwin never fails in producing a highly enjoyable read. Can't wait to start my next one. Highly recommended.