5.0 out of 5 stars Survivors - talented ones!!
A fabulous book detailing the Nolans own personal views of their lives to date. Its all there too, with every emotion showing the many highs and equally as many lows during their time in the spotlight.
Published on 14 April 2011 by Pete Molloy

3.0 out of 5 stars 1st Time Buyer
It was my first purchase,you get what you pay for!!! Ok for starters!!! Do the job but feel a little cheap
Published 18 months ago by Bentley

5.0 out of 5 stars Survivors - talented ones!!, 14 April 2011
This review is from: Survivors: Our Story (Hardcover)
The book is more about their family lives than their showbusiness careers and each girl gives a candid inside story about her own feelings and perspective on the many major events that have touched their lives.
With some lovely pictures included in the book as well - it's a real must for Nolan fans but more importantly, for anyone who would like to know more about the amazingly talented Nolan ladies. You dont survive in showbiz as long as they have without a lot of talent and Survivors is a great title for many reasons, all becoming clearer with each passing chapter.
Highly recommended - get your copy now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 16 April 2011
F. Williamson "Witchy fee" (Kirkcaldy, Fife United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Survivors: Our Story (Hardcover)
As a Nolan fan of 33 years(!!), I didn't think there was much I didn't know about the singing sisters, but having finished this book within 24 hours of having received it in the post, I can honestly say, that it goes to show, that there is always something new to learn!!

I particularly love the way it is written - each sister, starting with the lovely Maureen, giving their own version of their collective lives, and personal stories, from childhood. Although a lot about their childhood is already public knowledge, having already had an official biography published in 1982, the main difference is, that their official biography was written ABOUT them, making it somewhat impersonal, whereas this is all the stories we may have heard about, or read in the papers over the years, from their own perspectives, and that's what makes this book well worth a purchase!

Their own personal traits shine through in each chapter that they have written, and as I was reading it, I could hear each of their voices in my head.

Having met most of the sisters, Maureen most of all, I know for a fact that the Nolan sisters are indeed the most down-to-earth, and friendly people, that they come across in the book to be. They have had fascinating lives, and fascinating careers, and this book is well worth a read, whether you've been a Nolan fan in the past, or not.

I guarantee, once you've started reading, you won't want to put this book down until you've reached the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, 10 Jan 2012
This review is from: Survivors: Our Story (Hardcover)
I bought this book for my mother who is named in Bernie's chapter, which really made my mums day. I just so happen to be the one who is still her best friend till this day. Brilliant book & makes a great read because its ALL true!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 15 May 2011
This review is from: Survivors: Our Story (Hardcover)
I have read all of the Nolans biographies and have enjoyed every one of them but this more than the others,its really good to have 4 of them writing about their own experiences in the same time zone

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book, 24 April 2011
This review is from: Survivors: Our Story (Hardcover)
Having been a fan for over 30 years , I was thrilled that the Nolans were going to put down their life stories in a book. I was not disappointed and would recommend this book as a must read . Each one has their own perception of growing up in a showbiz family and its amazing to read the different attitudes even on day to day events . It is well written and has some very poignant stories of troubled times . It just proves that even though they worked their socks off from a very young age and should have been by rights fairly rich by the end of it , indeed they were not due to being ripped off by all and sundry. Ive been proud to be a Nolan fan all these years and this book just confirms my belief in them . Way to go girls !

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 17 April 2011
Ms. J. White (england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Survivors: Our Story (Hardcover)
wow unable to put down its about them at home not to on the road i cried and laughed, the love,and determenation shines through in all of them,they are there for each other .any fan like me from the middle 70s who have grown up following their careers ,this is for them to read and enjoy

5.0 out of 5 stars If you love the Nolans then don't hesitate to buy this book!, 22 April 2011
This review is from: Survivors: Our Story (Hardcover)
I pre-ordered this as soon as I could as I've been a fan for over 30 years. Once I'd started reading I found it difficult to put down and what started as a quick 10 minute read actually lasted 3 hours! A fantastic read that made me cry and laugh. It's hard not to want to feel sorry for them as they have been through so much but they are all so strong and have managed to cope with the situation, keep smiling and move on.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, 17 April 2011
This review is from: Survivors: Our Story (Hardcover)
Having been a fan of the Nolans for 20+ years, I pre ordered this from Amazon in Jan, I knew that the book would contain a lot of information I already knew, however it was compelling reading, sadly I had to put it down at 2:30am to sleep, but was able to read it all this morning.

The book is filled with moments that made me laugh out loud, cry, and at times made me think "wow"

A must have for any Nolans fan, or anyone that wonders how after so long in the business, they just brush away all the dramas and get on with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 26 May 2014
This review is from: Survivors: Our Story (Kindle Edition)
I have been a fan of the Nolans since I was young I really enjoyed this book and enjoyed seeing the photos.

5.0 out of 5 stars Four Strong Women, 18 May 2014
M. Inglis - See all my reviews
This review is from: Survivors: Our Story (Kindle Edition)
Totally different perspective on a favourite girl group .
A great read from the long days of their childhood to the struggles of adult life . Reveals their strengths and weaknesses and normal family ups and downs with show biz demands thrown in as well. Thanks for giving us an insight into being Survivors!

Survivors: Our Story