5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Cool LED spot bulbs
Published on 28 Sep 2011 by Colin P. Watters

3.0 out of 5 stars Prompt delivery, very bright
Bright light, however 1 bulb failed in less than 24 hours, the second lasted 2 days, which still appeared to emit some light even when switched off (strange to say the least), returned and promptly refunded
Published 13 months ago by Stephen Johnson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Cool LED spot bulbs, 28 Sep 2011
Colin P. Watters "Qolin" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 3X E14 SES R50 21 SMD LED ENERGY SAVING BULB COOL WHITE 50W HALOGEN EQUIVALENT
Ordered 3 of these to test as replacements for my 7 watt Megaman CFLs, most of which I bought about 5 years ago and are starting to fail. First impressions are very good: they are nice and bright, about the same as the Megamans, but being cool white instead of warm they appear brighter. There are 2 BIG plus points: 1, they come on immediately, which is wonderful when you have got used to CFLs taking up to a minute to get reasonably bright; and 2, they are cheaper! Even if they last only half the claimed lifespan, they will surely be a bargain. Another bonus is the operating temperature. Even after a couple of hours running you can hold the glass at the front for about 3 seconds before your hand gets too hot. With the CFLs this takes less than a second, they run much hotter. So clearly less energy wasted. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars So much better than my old cfl spotlights, 1 Sep 2012
M. Leiper (London) - See all my reviews
Ordered on Tuesday morning, delivered on Wednesday morning.

Better still, when I put it in the light fitting and turned it on it made the neighbouring compact fluorescent spotlights look dim as well as showing up the delay for them to start.

Only problem is I had to replace all 3 cfl bulbs in the light fitting and not just the one that wasn't working because it stood out so much.

Edit: delivered to London in one day, not Hong Kong.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright - Quick - and cheap to run., 6 May 2012
Mr. Terence Abbott "Texas Tex" (Leyland, Lancashire, UK) - See all my reviews
If you are looking to get an energy efficient R50, then get these. They are far superior to the CFL versions that are on the market. When purchasing these I wasn't too sure if they would be bright enough, as the last set of energy efficient bulbs, a set of CFL's were absolutely awful and dull, to a point that I replaced them with standard R50's. So I was pleased when I tried these bulbs. A friend recommended that I try LED bulbs and I'm happy to say brilliant. They are cool white, which is bright and clear, and in my kitchen 14Watt total against 160Watt is a good saving. So as I said at the beginning, if you're going energy efficient forget the CFL bulbs you see on the high street, get you hands on these instead...

3.0 out of 5 stars Prompt delivery, very bright, 28 Nov 2013
Stephen Johnson (Ingleby Barwick, Cleveland United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars As advertised and prompt, 21 Feb 2014
These provide a very bright light for the consumption - if they last they will have been a great purchase

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 21 Dec 2013
I chose these bulbs , and I have tried a lot ,because of their power output and I can say I am very please with the light the best I have tried .

2.0 out of 5 stars Bright white, 15 Nov 2013
I bought several sets of these for the spot rails in my kitchen and am very pleased. The come on instantly and are very bright. I am a bit of a foody so I like to see what I'm doing clearly. They would be a little harsh for other rooms in the house. I'm going to look for warm white LED bulbs for my other rooms.

EDIT:

After 5 months one of the bulbs has failed. A bit disappointing but not bad as I bought 9 in total.

EDIT2:

7 Months on another two of the bulbs have failed. One of them actually exploded and shattered all over the kitchen floor. I was lucky that no-one was in there at the time. Now I'm thinking they are poor value for money. Normal bulbs last longer than these.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother..., 5 Jun 2014
These bulbs lasted a fraction of the time the other my other, non-LED bulbs lasted. I had them installed in a light fitting with three bulbs, two of which were Crompton non-LED bulbs and one of which was one of these bulbs. The Cropmton bulbs have outlived all three of these bulbs used one after the other! This cannot simply be down to a faulty bulb as all three didn't last very long. I will definitely not make the mistake of buying these again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super bright LED cluster bulbs, 22 Mar 2014
C. L. Roe - See all my reviews
The picture does not clearly show the glass cover which is integral with the lamp. Warning! these lamps are extremely bright so do not look at them while they are on - or you will get after-image for a long time! Unlike energy efficient tubular bulbs - these come on instantly at full brightness.

I chose 'cool white' for the Kitchen, though in retrospect wish I had bought the 'warm' tone, because the ones I have give a rather stark light, but I got used to it after about a week.

They are a direct replacement for my old R50s which used to blow after only a few weeks - I have had these in place for months so far and am assured that they will last for years. At only 14 watts they give out much more light than I would ave expected.

3.0 out of 5 stars Amazing difference! - but already failing!!, 13 Nov 2013
Our kitchen light was failing badly and I decided that these low watt bulbs should do the job. What a good choice! Instant light and so good. And at 3 watts per bulb you can't go wrong. Not cheap but worth it.
UPDATE--
Yes you can go wrong! 2 of the 6 bulbs I bought have already failed after 2 months. The packaging says they last 30,000 hours! Very disappointed.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›