on 4 December 2012
I recieved this book today and as yet the only thing I have done is to read it. The book itself is easy to understand and sets out the basic do's and dont's for home dehydrating but it can be a little hard to follow as you have to go back and forth through the book for certain things. Everything looks simple enough to do and it is set out in good old plain English, it does say that for certain things like make making Fruit Leathers etc that you will need a special mat but I have since found that you can actually use none stick baking parchment. As I am still awaiting delivery of the Dehydrator I havent as yet used the book but I will add to this review when it has arrived and I have used the book.

I added this on Saturday 15 December 2012 ..... Ok so the Food Dehydrator arrived on Monday of last week and I have now begun to use the book, I have now easily dried apple, banana and pineapple successfully using the simple directions from this book and have progressed onto the Fruit Leathers (Roll Ups)again with great success although I did spread the puree out a little too thinly on the first attempt and ended up with one very large crisp fruit wafer which was quickly eaten minutes after it left the dehydrator, I have also used the book to dehydrate things like Spag Bog Sauce for camping as well as various veggies al with great sucess. The book really is excellent and my copy is already beginning to look rather dog eared, it can be a little difficult to follow as you do seem to have to back track through it a little but on the whole a very useful book when it comes to safely dehydrating foods at home and something I will continue to use with confidence and would recommend to anyone who is new to Home Food Dehydrating.
on 8 March 2013
Still getting to grips with my dehydrator, and this book helps. First part is drying times of items, and second part using dried ingredients.
on 7 September 2013
Fantastic tips on drying at last. Already tried the tinned pineapple rings, fabulous. Only problem is that I am having problems finding some of the equipment she uses in Europe.
on 23 May 2016
I am currently thinking about purchasing a dehydrator, and wanted to read more about the do's and dont's, what other bits and bobs you would need to purchase on top of the dehydrator itself.

This was the book for me. It is easy to read. Has a lots of information and has helped me to choose the type and size of dehydrator I would need to buy. Well worth the money and would recommend to others if they are thinkign of doing the same. A bit of research helps a lot to avoid making costly mistakes.

It does have a lots of jerky recipes if this is your thing. I am vegan so this part was not for me. Surprising though the book was. It has a chapter on drying flowers and herbs. Making trail mixes. Dehydrating your travel food. As well as pet treats, crackers and vegetables. Through and enjoyable book to read and one I will use when my dehydrator arrives
on 4 September 2014
useful book, tells how it can be done, but mostly recipes, not much about the dehydrator
on 16 October 2014
it was good but would have liked a bit more detail.
on 21 February 2013
Book's OK but it doesn't provide all the timings I thought it would hence I have to keep finding my bookelet that was provided with my dehyrator.
on 6 September 2015
Got some good tips from this book.
on 28 March 2010
Like the book, but would have preferred something a bit simpler to start. It's a bit advanced for me, prefer to dry basics. That said it's a lovely book.