5.0 out of 5 stars The essence of romantic, lyric poetry, 8 Feb 2012
Ivan Proctor (Gloucestershire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Wind Among the Reeds (Kindle Edition)
This is a volume of poetry published by W.B.Yeats in 1899, when he was 34. The poems are beautifully crafted, highly romantic lyrics of his youth; 'I have spread my dreams under your feet;/Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.'
The Kindle edition is nicely formatted and navigable to individual poems.
It is strange that there are no editions of Yeats' complete poems available for ebook readers as he is out of copyright, having died in 1939. I suspect it has something to do with Project Gutenberg, the prime source of many ebook free versions, not yet having produced an etext of the complete poems.
UPDATE July 2012 Delphi Classics have now produced a lovely edition of Yeats's complete poetry and plays.

5.0 out of 5 stars The definitive Yeats?, 7 May 2014
This review is from: The Wind Among the Reeds (Kindle Edition)
Perfect example of Yeats greatest work,A volume that the reader can immerse ones self in,Yeats needs no introduction so I would recommend this book to everybody .

5.0 out of 5 stars Enrich your soul, 17 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Wind Among the Reeds (Kindle Edition)
Before I begin, I must say, I am utterly biased - I love Yeats' poetry. It is so beautiful, so sparsely written, with never a word out of place, and yet so evocative and lyrical. This volume of poems is no different. There is a big emphasis on Irish folklore on it, and in this edition there are a lot of the stories in the notes at the back of the book (in fact there are more stories than there are poems - but to be honest, I was only really bothered about the poems - let them speak for themselves, that's what I say!)

And how they speak! I defy anyone not to be swept away with the romanticism of the poetry presented to the reader here. Beautifully crafted poems of love and romance. There are undoubtedly some you will recognise in this volume ("Tread softly because you tread on my dreams") and maybe some which will be new to you, but which are equally beautiful and moving to read.

There is something about reading Yeats's poetry which is good for one's soul - read it now, it's free and it will enrich you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 29 May 2013
Great poems. I recommend to everyone who loves a old english/irish poetry. I made 4 stars cuz actual size of a book is more square than it appeared on a photo. I like it anyway.

The Wind Among the Reeds