5.0 out of 5 stars A simple but really good read
Published on 15 Dec. 2012 by Vonnie

3.0 out of 5 stars Orphan makes good
Although I enjoyed this book, I thought that the letters should become more mature by the time Judy reached the age of 20 - they still seemed to be written by a child.
No suspense, because the reader guesses the outcome early on - perhaps this is the intention?
Published on 28 Dec. 2012 by meriel

5.0 out of 5 stars A simple but really good read, 15 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Daddy-Long-Legs (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book and it's tale of hardship yet innocence. Although set in a period of one hundred years ago, it was easy to imagine how life was for orphaned children. Jerusha's resentment showed at times but her zest for life and her gratitude towards her benefactor were enthralling. If you are bored with books on crime, murder,sex (yawn) try this book-I am sure you will not be disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Orphan makes good, 28 Dec. 2012
meriel (Herefordshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Daddy-Long-Legs (Kindle Edition)
Also the formatting needs ajusting for Kindle as the lines frequently break in the middle of words.
Hope these comments are constructive.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm Really Glad I Read This Little Book., 25 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Daddy-Long-Legs (Kindle Edition)
What an unexpected treasure. As I was perusing one of my favorite reviewer's reads, I came across this book and knew I had to read it. I wasn't sorry. It's such a refreshing change from the bestselling historical romance novels that I've been reading. Well, let's just say, I was ready for a break.

Jerusha (Judy) is an orphan who was raised in an orphanage and winds up being gifted with a college education by one of the trustees of the orphanage. She caught a glimpse of him as he was leaving the orphanage - but only a glimpse. He appeared to be tall and as his shadow is reflected against the wall, his legs looked unnaturally long - hence the name - "Daddy-Long-Legs." From her college dorm, she writes to Daddy Long Legs for four long years, but she only hears from him through his secretary, for this was the agreement put in place by her patron. He's a very generous benefactor and has helped orphans before - previously they were boys, but he has made an exception for Judy.

The book is comprised of the letters Judy wrote during these years and amazingly, they held my interest. A very simple life, led by a young woman during the early 1900's who had never even been in anyone's home that she could remember until she finally receives some invites from her college roommates.

Yes, there is a romance and we kinda figure out who the hero is long before Judy does, but that's okay - everything in its season. I'm really glad I read this little book.

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolutely lovely story, 3 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Daddy-Long-Legs (Kindle Edition)
I only found this book by chance but so glad I downloaded it. Such a lovely story with a happy ending. For any Fred Astaire fans this is also a film of the same title. Fred's co star is Leslie Caron. This is a story I'll be rereading.

4.0 out of 5 stars good read, 25 July 2012
Bill Wells (Staffordshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Daddy-Long-Legs (Kindle Edition)
Excellent story that held me almost to the end wbich I saw coming but didn't detract from a great tale.

5.0 out of 5 stars classic story everyone should read., 5 July 2012
This review is from: Daddy-Long-Legs (Kindle Edition)
This is a very kind story that touches the soul and describes a life long gone. Slightly predictable ending, but doesn't spoil the overall enjoyment of this gentle read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, 17 April 2012
This review is from: Daddy-Long-Legs (Kindle Edition)
I did enjoy the reading which has a fresh approach and an overall pleasant feel to it. Everyone that I have come across say it is a must read so I thought I must do so and I was not disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Memories of youth, 4 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Daddy-Long-Legs (Kindle Edition)
I was introduced to this book by our form master reading the opening chapters to a hushed and facinated class of over 40 pupils, girls and boys. It still has magic properties for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very sweet, 3 Dec. 2013
Dawn Thane (Eastbourne, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Daddy-Long-Legs (Kindle Edition)
A lovely little story, and enjoyably different format. Just a pity the layout went a bit wrong on the chapter titles (dates), as if it was a pirate version... But

3.0 out of 5 stars Childrens' E-book, 29 July 2014
This review is from: Daddy-Long-Legs (Kindle Edition)
I cannot in all honesty give a review of this book, having bought it for my grand daughter,
but she found it good (she is eight) so I guess it must be okay. I am unlikely to be buying
more books through Amazon as I totally disagree with their Digital Rights Management
policy. If I wished to buy a book for myself and my wife to both read, then I would be
forced to either buy it twice, as she has Kindles and I use Kobo, or I would have to read it
on her reader (or vice-versa) as it is not transferable.

Daddy-Long-Legs