This book is a wonderful and detailed account of the history of the Wives of Henry the Eighth and the political situation in England. It is a book difficult to put down.
Published on 25 April 2012 by Maurice N

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid if you are wanting an interesting read....
I downloaded this book as my other half is deeply into the history of the British Monarchs, so I decided I'd do some swatting up as it's a good twenty years since I covered the topic at primary school.

I'm a big fan of history anyway, so thought this would be an enjoyable read.....how wrong was I?

It's a very interesting book, but I wish the author...
Published on 26 Mar 2012 by Gary

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid if you are wanting an interesting read...., 26 Mar 2012
This review is from: The Wives of Henry the Eighth and the Parts They Played in History (Kindle Edition)

It's a very interesting book, but I wish the author had a bit more focus as they shoot off in random story directions at every point and like to use twenty words when one will do.

There is very little chapter deliniation, so each section goes on for pages and pages where you discover dozens of irrelivent things, but learn very little, and in the end I gave up reading it.

It's a shame really, as have now been to buy a similar book that is a lot more informative and sticks to pure historical fact.

Am glad this was a free download, as I feel I would have wasted my money otherwise.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Wives of Henry the Eighth and the parts they Play in History, 25 April 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars A good factual book, 28 Dec 2012
I found the book very good from a factual point of view, but cannot say that it captivated me in terms of good and enjoyable reading.

1.0 out of 5 stars Glad this was free, 21 July 2014
Writer's style is trulyappalling. Never heard of some of the words used, I think he made them up... Chapters go on forever. No detailed character analysis of the wives themselves. Seems to concerntrate on the politics of the court without really mentioning the roles the wives played. Comes to conclusions about their personalities and that of Henry without any justification for his opinion. Surely there was more to Henry than simply describing him as a weak bully.

Glad this was free, it would have been a total waste of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 July 2014
Very informative and well researched.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book. I was amazed at how much the ..., 2 July 2014
Excellent book. I was amazed at how much the six wives contributed to the country, especially Catherine of Aragon, during his reign.

5.0 out of 5 stars fascinating, 18 Jun 2014
John Hicks "John" (Basingstoke, England) - See all my reviews
This is a fascinating insight into a vital part of the history of England, the United a kingdom and Europe

3.0 out of 5 stars It was ok, 29 May 2014
I have started reading the book but it wasn't exactly what I expected. It is very factual but very little real story to it. A bit disappointing .

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems a good book, 11 April 2014
Seems a good book. Not read it yet but will update when I have. So to be honest nothing to loose as it was a free nook.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wives of Henry the 8th, 15 Mar 2014
Couldn't put the book down so good, i have read a lot of Philippa Gregory books and this made the characters more real as a lot based on fact. I shall be travelling. To London. And go to the Tower now with more interest!!!