5.0 out of 5 stars Great read...........
This the second of Detective Marcella Witches Series has many threads which kept my interest, Marcella is once again drawn to Lilith. He takes retirement, settles in an apartment in Florida, bored and with no direction. Carlos his partner calls as he finds three suicides in a few weeks, the last being a policewoman known to both of them.
Marcella is only too...
Published on 5 Oct. 2011 by lonegunwoman

3.0 out of 5 stars Neither fish nor fowl
Published 6 months ago by Bar None

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read..........., 5 Oct. 2011
This review is from: EYE OF THE WITCH: Book 2 (Detective Marcella Witch's Series) (Kindle Edition)
Marcella is only too happy to pack his case and catch the next plane, he finds that so much has changed since his last case a year ago, his apprehension soon goes as working the case develops his confidence. As the death toll rises and the suspects rise too, each can be dismissed as a suicide, Marcella believes paranormal forces at work, he seeks Lilith's help.

Marcella finds the deaths once again are persons who have been linked to the Paranormal Centre, he learns the dead policewoman had been looking into the deaths without informing her supervisor. On finding and decoding her records helps to move the investigation forward. A prominent Law firm is implicated in the suspects, working his case Lilith draws his attention more than he at times he is comfortable with.

Marcella learns more of witchcraft, and more of the paranormal world, I look forward to the next novel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great series!, 5 April 2012
I'm really enjoying the Detective Marcella series - I've read book 2 and 3 in the space of 24 hours.

At the beginning of this one, I was thinking there would be a bit of romance between Marcella and Lilith, only for the first chapter to point out that he is 64 years old!! So I was quite disappointed I'd missed that fact in the first book, I had totally the wrong 'picture' in my head :) Needless to say (for anyone who has read it) good job I read through the whole thing! ;)

I think the way the author ended the novel is absolutely awesome, and I love the depth of the 'paranormal' thats used and how it just blends in with the 'real' world. Makes me want to be a witch (I may have been called that in the past!lol)

Just downloaded the entire series, looking forward to number 4 - I wouldnt' say it's a great read for hardcore crime lovers, but if you like a bit of the 'far-fetched' and have an open mind and like to be frustrated, and twisted and turned, then I'd recommend it :) But start at number 1.

3.0 out of 5 stars Neither fish nor fowl, 4 Jan. 2015
Police or supernatural thriller ? A mix of both and recipe for disaster. The basic idea is good, but let down by grammatical errors and some farcical semantics. The author lacks the discipline of a good editor who would have thrown the manuscript back repeatedly until the story became either fish or fowl and the vocabulary used correctly. Is the author a Brit trying to write American-ese or an American with gaps in her education?

3.0 out of 5 stars A little bit predictable but better than I imagined, 21 April 2012
JK "J. K." (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
My criticism would be that the plot's not too original and it all gets a little bit predictable. Not necessarily a negative comment but, reflects the amount of paranormal/detective stories currently on the market and some of the "big boys", such as Stephen Leather, are running their own series of books on pretty similar subjects. You've got to be at the top of your game as a writer to compete in that field and, for that reason, I found "Eye of the Witch" a little bit lightweight, not dark enough to carry the supernatural elements and I'd guessed the ending long before I got there which killed the tension. However; the positives are that this is a free download and, as such, is head and shoulders above what I expected in terms of quality of writing and character development. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting Detective Marcella and found him quirky and eccentric which gave a nice dark, humorous edge to the plot. This is an OK read, though nor particularly challenging, and I'd be happy to read more by this author in the future, though not more in this series.

3.0 out of 5 stars The detective, the witch and the wardrobe..(ok I lied there is no wardrobe), 13 Oct. 2012
Cheryl M-M (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Although this book is the second in a series it is viable as a stand-alone novel. The author gives enough info on the characters previous history together without recapping the entire first book.
At times I felt as if Carlos and the main character spoke to each other and interacted like twenty something yr olds, which didn't gel with the fact that they were both older men. The whole retirement and experienced cop image might have fit into the plot, but it didn't fit the character at all.
When the storyline veered into autism and the Benny and Leo plot ( I won't go into specifics) I was ready to shout out 'Impossible' and medically unheard of, but the author managed to turn that sub-plot all the way round and right way up again.
The paranormal aspect of the book was interesting and could have been explored a little more, especially towards the end, which was a little rushed.
The paranormal element could have been developed a little more and I liked where the author took the concept in regards to the solution to the problem.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 4 April 2012
Thoroughly enjoyed this book. Good story line with a hint of humour. It is about three women who apparently have committed suicide but upon investigation by retired cop Detective Marcella, the three women had a connection to do with witchcraft and were all killed by the same story which is not obvious due to lots of very clever twists with a very good "unexpected" ending.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good story!, 12 Feb. 2013
Initially I got this book as it was free and I had just got the Kindle App. What a surprise - a good read, story and a very good ending! A crime novel, but not too heavy or technical, along with some supernatural. Maybe a little far-fetched but who cares if you want to be entertained. I went on to read Book 1 as I wanted to know what had happened before. There are a couple of references to it but manages well as a stand alone book. There isn't a lot of character descriptions but that lets you get on with the story and I'm sure they'll develop along the way. After a surprising end to Book 2, then reading Book 1, I'm looking forward to the next one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good read, 18 Jan. 2013
I admit it, I like supernatural crime books and this one was no exception. I did think it would have helped if I had read the first book in the series before this one. There are a lot of references to what went on before. I still got on without reading it though but it would have, perhaps, given me a better insight into the psychological impact of those previous events and added to my enjoyment of the book as a whole.

The book was still enjoyable and fun to read. I didn't guess 'whodunnit' before the end and the final twist means I want to read the next installment in the series!

5.0 out of 5 stars A supernatural who dunnit, 1 Jun. 2015
I'd found the first in this series free on Kindle so gave it a whirl and immediately went to buy this and was delighted to discover it was free too! Authors are practically drug dealers these days... first two for free until you're hooked! I'm now delighted to be paying my hard earned cash to read the next one. There was a surprise turn of events at the end of this book, one that's made it in to a bit more than a detective/police story and one that I'm really intrigued to follow... :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and Spell Binding, 28 July 2012
A great and easy to follow read with a storyline which made sence. I couldn't wait to read the ending and I cannot wait to read the next Detective Marcella book, allbeit I might now have to read book one after book two, something I normally hate to do. It was not too long or boring and the story flowed in a way that even my dyslexic brain could follow! It is more than a holiday or airport read, more than a bus, train, taxi or car read. Well done to the author and top marks from me.