on 6 March 2013
I normally don't enjoy Historical style, but this is a must read. couldn't turn my kindle off. this book was harsh and erotic, romantic and utterly unpredictable. some parts are rather uncomfortable to read due to the nature of its contents, but the description of romantic scenes allows the reader to give way to fantasy. the story made me laugh, cry, over heat, and left me utterly shocked by the surprise ending. honestly didn't want the story to end. Thank you for an amazing read.
on 28 March 2013
I was surprised by this book.
There were parts that were very good.
I enjoyed the imaginary. I could see the castles and battles.
However I think given the subject matter I think that the characters lacked emotion.
The main characters was raped by three different men. However she seemed unaffected. No nightmares etc.
I am not sure that I find that part plausible.
on 8 May 2013
I picked up this book chiefly because I thought the choice of Leodegrance as the main Arthurian character might mean a cut above the norm for an Arthurian story. Unfortunately the story was lacklustre and did not engage my interest, so I stopped reading after about three chapters,
on 28 December 2013
well enough written, just not for me. from the 'Arthurian Saga' in the title, i had been expecting something related directly to the myths and legends. while this story is void from the Arthur myths / legends, many may enjoy, just not me.
on 20 September 2013
Started out ok, but is really hard going. The story just seems too unbelievable (I get the concept of poetic licence, but really!) I've read a lot of historic romance novels and this is probably one of the worst.
on 30 April 2014
I could not put this book down. It is fast paced and exciting on every page.
It is a book to be enjoyed by men and women alike with its battles and romance.
on 4 April 2013
A good book,well researched and containing the romance and the darker side of medieval Britain. A bit slow starting, but a really good twist at the end!
on 26 March 2013
I would really rate this book I have never read a "period " book before and can not pick up on any historically incorrect facts - I just enjoyed it
on 6 April 2013
Well written , style flowed and had an interesting ending . It turned out better than I had expected never having read this author before .
on 28 July 2013
A truly compelling tale of the life and times of ancient Britons, of the constant wars and the spoils of war. I couldn't put this down.