5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Scream Trilogy Box Set
Let me start by saying, this box package rocks, the front side even glows in the dark:-) It really makes sense buying all three movies like this, together as they were always meant to be!

Thank you Amazon.co.uk, the item came really quickly and it's perfect!

Here are some information you might be interested in:

SCREAM:
Runtime: Approx...
Published on 30 April 2011 by rock983

3.0 out of 5 stars Where is the picture quality?
Love the movies!!! - They are brilliant, scary in parts and really funny! fantastic cast too.
First film is awesome, second is underrated (and maybe even my favourite) and third is ok. Fourth is not included.
BUT I am not terribly impressed with the quality of the blu-ray!! Not sure it is worth the upgrade from that respect. Extras are ok.
Published 22 months ago by C. Abrahams

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Where is the picture quality?, 30 Sep 2012
C. Abrahams (UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Scream Trilogy Box Set, 30 April 2011
This review is from: Scream 1-3 [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)

Thank you Amazon.co.uk, the item came really quickly and it's perfect!

Here are some information you might be interested in:

SCREAM:
Runtime: Approx 109 Minutes
Subtitles: English and English for the Hearing impaired

Bonus footage: Audio commentary (Wes Craven and Kevin Williamson), production featurette, cast and crew profiles, behind the scenes, Q & A with cast and crew, trailers

SCREAM 2:

Runtime: Approx 118 Minutes
Subtitles: English and English for the Hearing impaired

Bonus footage: Outtakes, deleted scenes, featurette, audio commentary (Wes Craven, Marianne Maddalena, Patrick Lussier), music videos - Master P, Kotton Mouth Kings, theatrical trailer

SCREAM 3:

Runtime: Approx 115 Minutes
Subtitles: English and English for the Hearing impaired

Bonus footage: Outtakes, behind the scenes montage, deleted scenes, alternate ending, Creed music video »What if«, audio commentary (Wes Craven, Marianne Maddalena, Patrick Lussier, 2 theatrical trailers

Do not forget to search for a SCREAM 4 (SCRE4M) blu-ray in a few months;-)

3.0 out of 5 stars First movie is worth the upgrade; sequels are not, 29 April 2011
Jordan (Oxford, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Scream 1-3 [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
NOTE: this is not a review of the movies themselves but of the blu-ray release. Like many SCREAM fans, the main question I had before ordering this set was: is it worth the upgrade from DVD? For comparison, I already had the US Region 1 Collector's Edition DVDs of all three movies.

Picture quality

The first movie shows a definite improvement on blu-ray, but that's as much a reflection of how poor the DVD was than anything else. Basically, picture quality here is akin to a high quality DVD upscale; so while it blows the previous low bitrate, non-anamorphic DVD out of the water, the picture suffers from an overall softness that belies its 1080p resolution. That said, SCREAM has never looked better on home video - so the first movie is a recommended upgrade for fans of the series.

Unfortunately, SCREAMs 2 and 3 also look like high quality DVD upscales -- but, unlike the first movie, they already had impressive DVD transfers. The end result is that I could see little difference between the blu-rays and the DVDs using a Sony S370 and 37" plasma at ten feet. The transfers are simply too soft to make use of the increased resolution available. Sadly, I can't recommend upgrading parts 2 and 3 if you already have the anamorphic DVDs.

Extras

As I knew before ordering the set, there are no exclusive extras on this blu-ray release: all of the commentaries, deleted scenes, featurettes etc were already included on the Region 1 Collectors Edition DVDs. Moreover, the extras have not been given an HD makeover: they are direct SD ports from the US DVDs.

Comparison to other blu-ray releases of the trilogy

As far as I know, the trilogy has previously been released on blu-ray in Germany and Canada. A few observations:

Germany: in the German release, the first movie was heavily cut and the second was cropped from 2.35/1 to 1.78/1. Neither of these problems arise here (although SCREAM is the previously released theatrical cut... it still doesn't include the extra few seconds of gore found in the Japanese laserdisc).

Canada: a very similar release in terms of picture quality (no cuts or crops), though the Canadian set lacked any real extras. If you already own the Canadian set and have the extras on DVD, I don't think you need to upgrade.

Overall

A disappointing blu-ray release, seemingly just a cash-in on the theatrical run of SCREAM 4. I'd recommend buying the first movie on blu-ray as it's a clear improvement over the DVD. The sequels, not so much. 3/5.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 10 May 2011
Pantheon (Boston, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Scream 1-3 [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Having read the previous reviews here I feel I'm probably in the minority in thinking that this boxset is excellent.
I had the original releases of Scream 1 & 2 and, as such, I had no extras on either disc. As much as I have always loved these films I could never justify buying another DVD just for some extras.
Also, on those original DVDs the picture and sound quality were pretty dreadful (especially the fact that neither film was anamorphic). By the time Scream 3 came out lots of extras was the norm so that one was always pretty good.
So, for me, these BD transfers were an absolute revelation. The picture quality was a vast improvement over my DVDs and the sound even more so.
Also, now I have the extras I never had. Subsequently I'm not disappointed that there are no blu-ray exclusive features.

As for the packaging - I like it. I'm not a fan of digipaks so I was really pleased that each film has its own keep case and covers.

All in all, I would recommend this set to anyone who has the DVDs and wants an improvement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 July 2014
This review is from: Scream 1-3 [DVD] (DVD)
Great

5.0 out of 5 stars I like films that take the mickey out of others in ..., 11 July 2014
This review is from: Scream 1-3 [DVD] (DVD)
I like films that take the mickey out of others in the same genre and these are really good. I was a bit disappointed that "Scream 4 wasn't included and I had to buy it separately..

5.0 out of 5 stars Ahhhh, 4 Jun 2014
This review is from: Scream 1-3 [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Present for my son, he loves these, not for me, so on the fact he is very pleased with it, I give 5 stars :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Scream Trilogy, 14 April 2014
The best slasher films ever! Great for a night in with friends who are new to the horror genre

A must buy

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a present, 1 April 2014
This review is from: Scream 1-3 [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I bought this for a present, but It was enjoyed by the recipient, even though i havent seen it myself, it is regularly watched, so that tells me its good

5.0 out of 5 stars Whats your favourite scary move?, 10 Feb 2014
This review is from: Scream 1-3 [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
No brainer here. Had to buy the scream movies. Love neve Campbell. Love watching buffy being thrown off a building.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Scream 1-3 [DVD]
Scream 1-3 [DVD] by Carrie Fisher (DVD - 2011)