5.0 out of 5 stars Feelgood Factor
Published on 10 May 2011 by Sufi

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings, much like the reviews here
I will admit, I didn't read a single review before purchasing this book. It had a chick-lit writen all over it - Paris, a funny female heroine, a love story - I was happy to give it a shot.

Published on 24 Dec 2011 by Nicole Casey

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings, much like the reviews here, 24 Dec 2011
Nicole Casey "book lover" (Dublin, Ireland.) - See all my reviews

On first impressions, I found it to be quite funny. As another reviewer mentioned, it was definitely laugh out loud worthy, at least to begin with, and I too had a bit of an embarrassing giggle on the train. However, the humour soon faded to stupidity. Evie Dexter is one of those characters you just want to shake, and possibly slap across the head a few times. Parts of the plot seemed unrealistic, and completely pointless. There were redundant characters galore, and it was a book where you sometimes had to stop and think "Wait, which one is he again?" Some of these characters had no place in the main storyline, and just led to confusion for the reader. When we first meet Rob, our male lead, it's hard to believe he's anything but a conman. After all, how realistic is it to sleep with someone twelve hours after you meet them? However, my impressions of Rob were incorrect - He was not a shady character, rather, our Evie was simply a little too free and easy. At times, the plot seemed to push realistic limits a bit too far, and the characters lacked depth and background.

So why the three stars, you may ask. Well, as I mentioned before, I did laugh out loud quite a bit, which is always a positive for a book. Some reviewers mentioned finding the book a tad crude. I, personally, am quite fond of a bit of smut in a novel - I think it makes it "beach-bag-worthy," and I hardly found this book to be crude. Pershaps some of the other reviewers were just a little taken aback at the idea of sex in places other than a bed, and more often than once a week. Another positive aspect of the story was the plot. While unrealistic at times, its clear Molly Hopkins may be working in the right direction, even if she's not there just yet. Although I cringed, and hmmmph-ed at the ridiculousness of it all at times, I do honestly believe I'll buy the sequel when its released next year, simply to see what happens.

All in all, perhaps this is one best saved for the summer holidays - If your mind is relaxed, you might be able to overlook some of the books flaws, and enjoy it for what it is; A bit of harmless, sexy fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Feelgood Factor, 10 May 2011
I very rarely write reviews but I want to share my utter pleasure with everyone. This is the funniest well written book I have read in years. Evie is just adorable and Rob is a typical bloke with a massive heart of gold. I really could not put this book down. I hope I don`t have to wait long for Molly Hopkins second book. This Author has an amazing sense of humour, I am amazed this is her first publication.

If you are looking for a good fun read then I urge all you people to buy this book you wil not be disappointed. It happened in Paris `ROCKS`.

5.0 out of 5 stars a guilty pleasure, 10 May 2011
a brilliant read, laugh out loud funny, a big admition from a man who only read it because his wife left it lying around and i had nothing else to read. i can now see where i`ve been going wrong with women and only wish i`d thought to read girl`s books before, highly recommended for girls....and men...this gets 5 stars from me...

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 10 May 2011
Well, it is not often that I comment on books on Amazon but i felt I had to when I read this. It was simply brilliant. For anyone that needs to find a book for the train to work, airport, holiday or just a weekend read this is the book to go for.
It had romance, fun, a great storyline and most of all, laugh after laugh! I burst out laughing on the train at one point which was embarassing but so very worth it.
My only regret is that Molly hopkins does not have more books available to buy, as I dont want to have to wait for another fantastic read!

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like the 'I Heart' series, you'll love this............, 2 Sep 2013
Absolutely brilliant book, amazing laugh out loud read!! Would recommend this book and can't wait to start the next book in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh out loud funny., 12 July 2013
This review is from: It Happened in Paris (Kindle Edition)
Such a funny story with a bit of sadness had me laughing out loud. Great easy read great if your going on holiday or not still worth a read.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read if you are looking for a light hearted comedy book with romance., 1 Jun 2013
This review is from: It Happened in Paris (Kindle Edition)
...or to be more precise a must read if you are looking for a light hearted comedy in parts with sex.

5.0 out of 5 stars cant put it down, 20 April 2013
This review is from: It Happened in Paris (Kindle Edition)
a nice easy well written read. downloaded the sequel after reading the first chapter of this one. Chick lit at its best.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick read, 3 Mar 2013
Really easy to get into and has a few laugh out loud moments. The exploits of Evie and her boyfriend Rob make an entertaining read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 26 Jan 2013
One of the most funniest book I've read I absolutely love Evie Dexter and the adventures she finds herself in. If only all coach trips were this eventful. A great, entertaining read!

It Happened in Paris