5.0 out of 5 stars Works on macbook unibody 2009 (should work in other unibody 13inch macbooks, also 13inch non-retina Pros), 22 Feb 2013
This review is from: APPLE MACBOOK A1342 13.3" LAPTOP SCREEN (Electronics)
Hi to everyone considering purchasing this. I didn't realise there were no reviews for this, I myself often hesitate when buying something without reviews (must've been desperate to get one then!) so I thought it would be useful to give people considering replacing their macbook screens some insight, here goes:

This screen worked great on my uncle's white unibody macbook 2009 (laptop had fallen, screen wasn't cracked but lcd was broken and showing lines).

The guide I used said - All 13" Unibody MacBooks (except MacBook Air)
All Mid 2009 and Mid 2010 13" Unibody MacBook Pros.

Don't be put off by the pictures, 1st picture being too generic (Accupart should show pics of the notebook it pertains to), and the 2nd picture is a bit misleading as the flash used to take the pic made the screen look grey, rest assured it's black as the screen on your macbook.

I'm in Spain and it took about 9 days to get here, will be quicker for UK im sure, and it came perfectly packaged, with an envelope and a plastic seal on the screen. The box itself had a foam casing on the top and bottom, which pretty much guaranteed there wouldn't be crack or any scratches. Indeed I was worried pretty much till I opened the box, to find that it was the right screen!

Now replacing the screen on the macbook unibody 2009 was simple in most aspects, except the video cable, which is really just fiddling around a bit (i used the iFixit guide: [...]).

I didn't have a spudger (tho i'm spanish, i do not have a clue what to call this in spanish, even tho i showed the hardware store people a picture!) and as they couldn't help me, I just bought a spatula (80cents). I recommend getting a spudger tho as its not metal and besides not conducting, it wont scratch the sides as you open the bezel (first few steps of repair). Also, the last bit with the cable really is fiddly, as you'll read from people's comments on the iFixit page, but don't worry it's just a question of patience.

Took me half an hour. Being a mac user for a while and doing a few installations (HDs, ram - simple stuff) I told my uncle to let me repair his macbook. Had never tried replacing a screen, but after calling a few places and getting quotes for 250-300euro for replacing a bloody screen i thought it couldn't be that hard. And it wasnt, go ahead and save some money. Lastly, it feels damn good to do a repair yourself rather than sending it off and paying 6 times the price (I didn't even call Apple, cause they'd probably charge me more than 3rd party repairshops)!

Cheers and hope your repairs go well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall it looks great, 16 Jun 2014
This review is from: APPLE MACBOOK A1342 13.3" LAPTOP SCREEN (Electronics)
I'm not 100% satisfied because the display area is a bit smaller then the original, in the right side of the display is with ~ 3 px smaller in width. But overall I'm very happy and pleased with this display ( it's a Samsung display, my original display was LG ).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great customer service, 11 May 2014
This review is from: APPLE MACBOOK A1342 13.3" LAPTOP SCREEN (Electronics)
Great company to buy from, I smashed my screen and I wanted to fix it myself. I actually bought the wrong size but called up the customer services and the changed both items straight away for a small extra coast. Great customer service and very knowledgeable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 12 April 2014
This review is from: APPLE MACBOOK A1342 13.3" LAPTOP SCREEN (Electronics)
My LCD failed and was quoted £400.00 in an Apple Store to repair.

This appears identical to the original and a bargain price. Was relatively simple to fit - the tricky part is the awkward connector which has a poorly designed locking system (the laptop not the LCD).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone support and product worked perfectly first time, 22 Sep 2014
This review is from: APPLE MACBOOK A1342 13.3" LAPTOP SCREEN (Electronics)
Great phone support and product worked perfectly first time, simple o install and saved over £400 in comparison with using the Apple Genius team.!!

Will certainly use again next time I am in the need for a replacement screen

APPLE MACBOOK A1342 13.3" LAPTOP SCREEN