5.0 out of 5 stars All consuming & an inspirational journey, 3 Sep 2007
At last a book written by a woman who does more than whine about the tragedy in her life. Misery memoirs can be hard core wallowing, but not this book. Jacqueline had a terrible childhood of abuse, married her prince charming but did not get the fairytale royal ending in a muslim country, instead when they divorced, he kidnapped her kids and then cut them off from her for 14 years! Instead of turning into a puddle of mush like most of us would, she fought for her kids and what she needed and still made time for life outside her own problems becoming an aid worker in war zones and helping others as an ambassador for CARE International. An inspiring lesson to us all. I don't agree with the earlier reviewer about the author's name dropping - I think she uses the famous people she meets in her fundraising efforts to illustrate how bizarre the celebrity world is and how different real life is when people die from lack of clean water in her alternate reality. When finally reunited with her kidnapped children Jacqueline doesn't seek vengance for the stolen years, she decides on looking forward not back. A must read along with her earlier book, Once I was a Princess.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping and a lesson in life, 12 Sep 2007
Amazingly well written with humour and insight to a life most of us would never cope with. I wept when I read about her reunion with her two kidnapped kids. The descriptions of aidworking in strife torn countries and the author's work in Africa moved me to tears. It made me realise how much bigger the world is out there than the mundane life I lead and gripe about. Kudos to Jacqueline Pascarl for her guts and determination. I will now go out and buy her first book to fill in al the blanks. A must read for people interested in a bigger life

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing story, 17 Aug 2014
This review is from: Since I Was a Princess: The Fourteen-Year Fight to Find My Children (Kindle Edition)
I thought that this whole story, including the first book, was a sad story which turned into a positive one through a small mothers dogged determination not to be bullied by an ex husband and loose her children forever. Domestic abuse takes many forms and the children often pay the price along with the survivor. A story that should be read by all mothers and people working in the da field. So pleased that it all turned out well.

5.0 out of 5 stars great follow up, 8 May 2014
Excellent read with natural sequence of events from first book. Somewhat deeper than the original but copmpletes the full story

4.0 out of 5 stars Moving and inspiring., 31 Aug 2013
This second book by Jacqueline had me laughing and crying, a truly emotional and inspiring story. I wish all the family every happiness in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant book, 16 April 2013
It's nice that the author has put all her energy into helping others instead of feeling sorry for herself, I'm glad that she was finally reunited with her children it just shows that one should never give up hope as you never know. I would definitely recommend this book to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars inspirational and makes compelling reading, 2 Aug 2014
Jacqueline writes beautifully... I couldn't put this nook down. There were only a few parts where the depth of description left me a little impatient for news of Iddin and Shah... But there was no news. An amazing lady. An amazing story and a happy ending

4.0 out of 5 stars Moving, 1 Sep 2007
Having read Jaqueline's first book about 6 years ago, I was surprised to see this book in my library as I had almost forgotten about this case (I think it was given a lot more publicity in Australia).
It is an interesting account of Jacqueline's struggle to live without her children, as well as many snippets about her aid work accross the world. It talks about her relationships and new family. The eventual reunion with her now grown up children is very moving.
The only fault I could find with this book is the endless 'name dropping' of famous people she has met as well as boasting about the glamorous life she leads. However, in this case, I think she deserves it as she went through hell for many years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific real life story, 22 Sep 2007
Amazed to read this woman's life story. True and honest book with warts and all honesty. A friend bought this book for me and now I think that all young women should read this and learn. I now have a better knowledge of the Moslem world and even Kosovo and Africa and I can think more of others with a global perspective. Her kids are lucky to have her. Jaqueline has passion and commitment to issues that I can only hope to support in the future. I felt ashamed that I knew only a little of her honest story - she should named a woman to look up to and a role model who never gave up on her kids or her belief in making a world better. I will now donate to CARE too.