4.0 out of 5 stars Arena Dish Drainer
I tried quite a few dish drainers before I decided to keep this one! A very stylist drainer, holds alot more than you would expect for the size of it, if you stack carefully, the utensils holder has alot of space I had thirty items of cutlery, wooden spoons etc and there was plenty of room for more. I found the water drained away quickly into the sink, without any...
Published on 9 Dec 2011 by Mrs. D. A. Wylie

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks good but doesn't work
This is a classic example of style over substance. Looks great and is useless at draining dishes. The plates frequently topple over, the cutlery part is particularly difficult to clean and to add insult to injury despite frequent cleaning mould is appearing underneath the ridges to hold the plates. Holds very little and doesn't drain well. Really disappointed. After a...
Published 11 months ago by Jo B

‹ Previous | 1 2 315 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Arena dish, 29 May 2012
Very good design - sleek, simple & effective. The only reason for 4 stars instead of 5 is it can't hold very large ceramic or porcelain plates, as it's not strong enough to hold. It's great for everyday use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Item, 23 Dec 2011
This review is from: Joseph Joseph Arena Dish Drainer - Green (Kitchen & Home)
Absolutely brilliant product. Have been looking for a long time for a drainer next to our Belfast sink. This does the job brilliantly, such a simple but excellent idea. Can easily get four place settings on this. Just wish I had found it years ago.

4.0 out of 5 stars Arena Dish Drainer, 21 Sep 2011
I love the look and design of this dish drainer and use it on a wooden top Belfast sink unit.It is perfect for this as it can be placed to drain over the sink and does not soak the wood. It is also perfect for cutlery and plates and a few cups and glasses. However my chunky bowls and saucepans don't really have a place unless piled on the top of each other and everything else.. but I knew this before buying just by looking at the design of it. I also find it needs to be tipped to drain properly. Despite these small setbacks I would still recommend it for single people or couples but not large families.

1.0 out of 5 stars A totally impractial piece of kit, 15 April 2013
I implore you not to buy this. It looks great but is completely impractiacl. No room for pots, pans or glasses once you have docked a couple of plates...there is not much more that i can say except that i have requested a return with "not fit for purpose" as my reasoning.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible design, 2 Jun 2013
We bought this as it looked good and the colour matched the design of our kitchen. Textbook case of style over practicality. It doesn't hold plates or dishes properly, so they fall down unless propped up and cutlery slips through the drainage spaces so often won't stand up to dry. However, the most annoying thing is that it does not drain properly. water stands in the bottom of the tray and leaves stains. We've had this item for a few months and despite washing up the drainer itself regularly there are dark marks all around the base. Cleaning the thing is a task in itself as it is extremely difficult to get my fingers between the ridges to wipe the marks that get left when water has not drained away properly. I'm so fed up with it that I had thought of giving it away but wouldn't want anyone else to have to put up with it. In the bin it goes then and time to buy a time tested classic design drainer. Don't be sucked in by the good looks like we were - one to avoid!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant design, 25 April 2012
This review is from: Joseph Joseph Arena Dish Drainer - Green (Kitchen & Home)
As we only have a sink in the kitchen with no drainer section we needed a dish drainer that could sit on the worktop and drain in to the sink, came in one piece, wouldnt rust, AND look good. This drainer fitted the bill and very pleased with it. Not least because it doesnt look like the conventional dish drainers. Really love the design (someone thought outside the box). The unit is plenty big enough for our needs ie average 2-4 person wash up - cups, plates, cuttlery, chopping board, pan etc etc.... The cups etc go in the middle, the plates etc round the edges, and the cuttlery in the section at the back. Never had a plate fall out yet and if you get creative about stacking you'd be surprised what you can stack on it. For a larger family you might struggle to get everything on, but the same could be said about every other dish drainer I've ever seen!! Can be expensive as price seems to vary quite a lot both in shops and online, but happy with what I paid for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great new product. Stylish and on trend., 8 Oct 2011
A great new addition to the Joseph Joseph collection. Sits perfectly on the side of my sink and gives my kitchen a stylish feel. I agree with another review that the drainage into the sink could be quicker but all my plates dry without issue and cutlery fits in the back section. Suits singles and trendy couples. I also bought the segmented cutlery holder so the two together look really nice.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not fit for purpose, 9 Nov 2013
dmk (Shropshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I love most Joseph Joseph products and thought that this drainer would be the perfect addition to my kitchen, however it turned out to be a real disappointment, a definite case of style over substance. Admittedly it did look great and I really wanted to like it, but first and foremost it had to do the job it was supposedly designed to do and this is where it failed badly. It was fine for a very light wash-up of just a few small items but any more than that meant a frustrating balancing act and a very insecure heap of items. Things had to be so precariously positioned, I hardly dared leave any glasses in the drainer as I couldn't guarantee their safety. The plate holders were far too shallow to hold plates upright other than in the very outer rim and there was no provision at all for bulkier items such as mixing bowls. Sadly this drainer is going in the bin just as soon as my new (more conventional) one arrives. I'm not even going to bother donating it to the charity shop as I wouldn't want to inflict such a useless item on anyone else.

5.0 out of 5 stars This drainer is "sexy", 11 Oct 2013
Ms. T. Evans "TWINS" (ESSEX UK) - See all my reviews
Yes OK it costs more than you 3.99 asda one, and yes it doesn't hold LOADS. I am a single mum with twins. I can get out plates ect all on it and cups. I brought the flat drainer for pans.

But I love this, ive had so man compliments.

Its worth the money, it looks clean, trendy and contempary.

Go on treat yourself

5.0 out of 5 stars I have it for 6 months and I love it, 4 Jan 2013
When this drainer arrived I was concerned that it will be to small but easily you can fit 4 big plates, one or two smaller plates, plenty cutlery and 4 cups (sometimes pots on the top). It is enough for the two of us (although we have dishwasher as well). Can be washed in dishwasher and the plastic doesn't fade or discolour. Best thing: You don't have to clean the stainless steel from limescale underneath and water goes straight in the sink :-) I would highly recommend it. Hope this review helps.

‹ Previous | 1 2 315 | Next ›