4.0 out of 5 stars Arena Dish Drainer
Published on 9 Dec 2011 by Mrs. D. A. Wylie

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks good but doesn't work
Published 11 months ago by Jo B

4.0 out of 5 stars Arena Dish Drainer, 9 Dec 2011
I tried quite a few dish drainers before I decided to keep this one! A very stylist drainer, holds alot more than you would expect for the size of it, if you stack carefully, the utensils holder has alot of space I had thirty items of cutlery, wooden spoons etc and there was plenty of room for more. I found the water drained away quickly into the sink, without any problems. I would recommend this dish rack especially if you have a wooden surface, as the metal ones causes black staining to form on the wood.
I gave it four stars only because my chopping boards are to thick to fit in the drainer, otherwise very pleased, not sure if I would pay 40 but happy to pay 26.

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks good but doesn't work, 29 July 2013
This is a classic example of style over substance. Looks great and is useless at draining dishes. The plates frequently topple over, the cutlery part is particularly difficult to clean and to add insult to injury despite frequent cleaning mould is appearing underneath the ridges to hold the plates. Holds very little and doesn't drain well. Really disappointed. After a year's perseverance we threw it out. It only got one star as you can't award zero.

1.0 out of 5 stars Joseph Joseph Arena Dish Drainer, Grey, 2 Oct 2013
Not fit for purpose, would not hold a single dinner or side plate up-right, to add insult to injury they fell onto the floor and smashed.
Looks great but a REALLY BADLY DESIGNED ITEM - Going straight back for a refund.

4.0 out of 5 stars Unusual Piece, 1 Dec 2011
Briel fan (Athens, Greece) - See all my reviews
This is a very good looking peice from Joseph Joseph to compliment the rest of the range. Unfortunately, it does not take a lot of items, certainly not a whole meal's worth of washing up and the room for cutlery is not very well designed. Luckily I have two sinks so will continue to put "overspill" like larger items into that. If you only have one sink then beware!! A bit disappointing but does look nice!

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful design, 25 Oct 2013
I ordered this because of how it looks and ended up returning it as not fit for its purpose. It is useless. Nothing stands up very well in it and if you do manage to get it to, you end up with water settling between the grooves so it doesn't drain very well at all. Style over substance. Cannot recommend.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THIS. It looks great but is completely impractical., 19 Aug 2013
This review is from: Joseph Joseph Arena Dish Drainer - Green (Kitchen & Home)
DO NOT BUY THIS. It looks great but is completely impractical.
You have to jam plates in to get them to stay upright and there is not enough space for the amount of glasses and cups a family generate. Added to that the water doesn't drain out completely, which means you are continually cleaning to stop bits of gunk forming in the channels.
Plates stacked in the side slats sometimes roll into the sink.
We Are Really disappointed.
Returned as "NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE"

2.0 out of 5 stars Probably nice for a one person household, 6 Feb 2012
This review is from: Joseph Joseph Arena Dish Drainer - Green (Kitchen & Home)
I am skipping over why exactly my husband thought this was an appropriate christmas present (clue - it was cheap in the Amazon Black day sales) and can absolutely say my dislike for this product is in no way the result of the huge grudge I am harbouring... but this item is awful.

I am sure it's quite a funky item for some young hipster living in a kitsch flat in London who has a cleaner paid for by daddy who comes in three times a week; for the average family and for the price paid (even in the sale)it just doesn't work. The main fault is that it is just too small and requires too much forward thinking if you want to fill it properly. You have to really jam plates in to get them to stay upright and there's no space for the amount of glasses and cups we generate as a family of three. Most days we just end up with a precariously stacked mountain of stuff which turns drying up and putting away into an exciting game of plate Jenga. Added to that the water doesn't drain out completely, who needs a dish drainer that you have to continually clean to stop bits of gunk forming in the channels?

Having said all that he did manage to match the it to the colour of my mop bucket. I am buing him a washing up bowl for his birthday.

1.0 out of 5 stars An absolute waste of money - do not buy!!!!!, 31 July 2013
Looked at product on high street and thought great idea. We had bought a number of Joseph Joseph products previously and always been happy so bought this too. It looks nice but completely impractical. There is only two of us but it can only support one dinner plate as 'slats' not big / strong enough to hold more so you end up trying to build a house of cards with your crockery to hold the plates upright. This then leaves no space for anything else. (God forbid you cooked with a saucepan also!) Also it is designed to drain away water and fails miserably at that leaving you having to prop it up to drain effectively. The standing water then leaves a lime scale coat over the rubber which needs re-cleaning. All in all save your money and buy a cheaper product that will actually do want it should. I will certainly question again whether to trust the brand in future.

4.0 out of 5 stars loving this, 9 July 2012
This review is from: Joseph Joseph Arena Dish Drainer - Green (Kitchen & Home)
This is a complete luxury for me - no sane person would surely pay this much for a dish drainer! But I love it. It looks good and it has eliminated the wet patch on my wooden draining board. It lost a review star as one of my plates fell over in it and broke, but I put that down to me not stacking it properly. It takes quite a lot of stuff (family of 5 here) and dries out when in use. I think it is good. Trying to resist the urge to buy another......

5.0 out of 5 stars quirky, 9 July 2012
Really liked this product as I wanted something different to the usual dish racks
and it was a toss up between this and the dish doctor, we went with this as the
colours were more appropriate for our kitchen and this sounded as though it was very
spacious. It was exactly as we thought, stands out in our kitchen without looking
completely out of place and can fit quite a bit on!

Joseph Joseph Arena Dish Drainer - Green