4.0 out of 5 stars Arena Dish Drainer
Published on 9 Dec 2011 by Mrs. D. A. Wylie

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks good but doesn't work
Published 17 months ago by Jo B

4.0 out of 5 stars Arena Dish Drainer, 9 Dec 2011
I tried quite a few dish drainers before I decided to keep this one! A very stylist drainer, holds alot more than you would expect for the size of it, if you stack carefully, the utensils holder has alot of space I had thirty items of cutlery, wooden spoons etc and there was plenty of room for more. I found the water drained away quickly into the sink, without any problems. I would recommend this dish rack especially if you have a wooden surface, as the metal ones causes black staining to form on the wood.
I gave it four stars only because my chopping boards are to thick to fit in the drainer, otherwise very pleased, not sure if I would pay £40 but happy to pay £26.

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks good but doesn't work, 29 July 2013
This is a classic example of style over substance. Looks great and is useless at draining dishes. The plates frequently topple over, the cutlery part is particularly difficult to clean and to add insult to injury despite frequent cleaning mould is appearing underneath the ridges to hold the plates. Holds very little and doesn't drain well. Really disappointed. After a year's perseverance we threw it out. It only got one star as you can't award zero.

1.0 out of 5 stars An absolute waste of money - do not buy!!!!!, 31 July 2013
Looked at product on high street and thought great idea. We had bought a number of Joseph Joseph products previously and always been happy so bought this too. It looks nice but completely impractical. There is only two of us but it can only support one dinner plate as 'slats' not big / strong enough to hold more so you end up trying to build a house of cards with your crockery to hold the plates upright. This then leaves no space for anything else. (God forbid you cooked with a saucepan also!) Also it is designed to drain away water and fails miserably at that leaving you having to prop it up to drain effectively. The standing water then leaves a lime scale coat over the rubber which needs re-cleaning. All in all save your money and buy a cheaper product that will actually do want it should. I will certainly question again whether to trust the brand in future.

2.0 out of 5 stars Probably nice for a one person household, 6 Feb 2012
This review is from: Joseph Joseph Arena Dish Drainer - Green (Kitchen & Home)
I am skipping over why exactly my husband thought this was an appropriate christmas present (clue - it was cheap in the Amazon Black day sales) and can absolutely say my dislike for this product is in no way the result of the huge grudge I am harbouring... but this item is awful.

I am sure it's quite a funky item for some young hipster living in a kitsch flat in London who has a cleaner paid for by daddy who comes in three times a week; for the average family and for the price paid (even in the sale)it just doesn't work. The main fault is that it is just too small and requires too much forward thinking if you want to fill it properly. You have to really jam plates in to get them to stay upright and there's no space for the amount of glasses and cups we generate as a family of three. Most days we just end up with a precariously stacked mountain of stuff which turns drying up and putting away into an exciting game of plate Jenga. Added to that the water doesn't drain out completely, who needs a dish drainer that you have to continually clean to stop bits of gunk forming in the channels?

Having said all that he did manage to match the it to the colour of my mop bucket. I am buing him a washing up bowl for his birthday.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THIS. It looks great but is completely impractical., 19 Aug 2013
This review is from: Joseph Joseph Arena Dish Drainer - Green (Kitchen & Home)
DO NOT BUY THIS. It looks great but is completely impractical.
You have to jam plates in to get them to stay upright and there is not enough space for the amount of glasses and cups a family generate. Added to that the water doesn't drain out completely, which means you are continually cleaning to stop bits of gunk forming in the channels.
Plates stacked in the side slats sometimes roll into the sink.
We Are Really disappointed.
Returned as "NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE"

5.0 out of 5 stars quirky, 9 July 2012
Really liked this product as I wanted something different to the usual dish racks
and it was a toss up between this and the dish doctor, we went with this as the
colours were more appropriate for our kitchen and this sounded as though it was very
spacious. It was exactly as we thought, stands out in our kitchen without looking
completely out of place and can fit quite a bit on!

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful design, 25 Oct 2013
I ordered this because of how it looks and ended up returning it as not fit for its purpose. It is useless. Nothing stands up very well in it and if you do manage to get it to, you end up with water settling between the grooves so it doesn't drain very well at all. Style over substance. Cannot recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Arena dish, 29 May 2012
Very good design - sleek, simple & effective. The only reason for 4 stars instead of 5 is it can't hold very large ceramic or porcelain plates, as it's not strong enough to hold. It's great for everyday use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Item, 23 Dec 2011
This review is from: Joseph Joseph Arena Dish Drainer - Green (Kitchen & Home)
Absolutely brilliant product. Have been looking for a long time for a drainer next to our Belfast sink. This does the job brilliantly, such a simple but excellent idea. Can easily get four place settings on this. Just wish I had found it years ago.

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, semi-functional, 30 Nov 2012
M. Lynette N. Dobson (Oxford, UK) - See all my reviews
I like the look of this product, I really do, and for that reason I'm bearing with it. Time will tell.

On the surface it's great - a unique design that looks like it makes good use of space. And it does, if your crockery is exactly like that in the pictures. At first I was even impressed because the central slats are flexible, which meant my pasta dishes managed to squeeze in there.

But if you've got any other sort of bowl, you can forget it. All you can do with those is stack them on top of each other on the flat bit, and then where do you put your glasses??? There are no bowls in the images - now I know why.

Overall, form over function, which I should have guessed. It's still pretty, but not worth the price.

UPDATE 24/1/12

I've now discovered another flaw in this design - plates stacked in the side slats sometimes roll nicely into the sink. This was amusing for about 10 seconds. My patience is wearing thin; a new drainer may be on my shopping list shortly.

I've added a customer image so you can see how it really works.

Joseph Joseph Arena Dish Drainer - Green