5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money
Published on 29 Jun. 2012 by Alison

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed :0(
After yrs of buying cheap & cheerful shower baskets I decided to finally push the boat out. I heard these were rust proof & thought it was too good to be true...sadly we have only had it a month it looks great in the bath/shower, very neat & tidy but noticed it already shows signs of rust...even worse I missed the return window by 6 days :0/
Published 19 months ago by april childs

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, 29 Jun. 2012
This review is from: simplehuman Tension Shower Caddy - Stainless Steel and Anodised Aluminium (Misc.)
After having numerous shower caddys plastic and metal and having to replace them every six months or so because either gone rusty or plastic discoloured we decided to go for the simplehuman caddy. Thought long and hard because it was very expensive, then added up what we had spent on cheap caddys over a few years, not a lot in it so ordered and waited. This shower caddy is great, looks fantastic, is very sturdy and as yet no sign of rust after 2 months, very easy to put together I would buy this again.simplehuman BT1062 stainless steel tension shower caddy, rustproof, aluminium, 5 year warranty
Have now had this item for 6 months and still looks great, no sign of any rust I am very pleased

4.0 out of 5 stars Not QUITE as good as I imagined... plus good update, 6 Feb. 2013
Cheshire Dave (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
UPDATE - still fine, no rust, after 2 years...

The fab reviews, and the fact that I didn't want to wreck our new shower with drill holes or rust, persuaded me to buy one of these. My opinions:

A bit uglier than I imagined, slightly spoiling the look of the super-modern new shower cubicle, and quite bulky if you've only got a small, square or small, quadrant-shaped shower. But it's a necessary evil - you have to put your shower bottles, flannels etc SOMEwhere!

One big drawback that no-one's mentioned: the wire baskets are made from quite thin and flexible wire. With the tray/shelf with the built-in soap dish, the dish strengthens the centre section of the tray and makes it rigid. It's the best of the 3 trays.

But the other 2 trays sag when, say, 2 large bottles of Tresemme shampoo / conditioner are stored in one tray, so the sagging makes the 2 bottles (or whatever) slide and lean forward. Doesn't look right. Doesn't look vertical. (But I do have a bit of a thing about things being perfectly upright, perfectly horizontal or at exact right-angles. See my square watch review ;-) Others might not worry.)

Also, the wide-ish spaced thin-ish wires mean that smallish bottles or bottles with thin 'footprints' won't stand up. or will fall through the gaps. You need chunky, broad-based bottles.

Having said all that, I've never had a shower caddy before at any size, so I don't yet empathise with other reviewers' frustrations with rust and construction/product quality. And this certainly wasn't cheap.

You add or subtract extension pieces using the guide leaflet to get the right height to match your shower height. I tend to take assembly instructions VERY literally, so I'm probably the only person on earth who struggled to work out which bits to use to fit my ceiling height, because the diagrams had been drawn inaccurately and a bit out of proportion/scale to each other, which confused me. But I'm not a daftie!

Also, whatever you do, don't let the 'this way up' arrow sticker peel off - which it will when you start to slide the baskets onto the pole - until everything's assembled. Because if you decide to take everything apart and start again (guess who), you'll be all at sea. (Although if you peer inside closely or use a torch, you can see the spring that tells you when things are the right way up.)

I didn't have any probs with the shelves scratching the matt silver main pole.

Hope that helps. It's good, but no cigar !

AFTER A MONTH, THEN 2 MONTHS - still happy, and surprised my wife accepted it, but, again, as a necessary evil. She thought it slightly chunky and a bit obvious, but the sliding trays adjustable to her height are useful for the panoply of beauty collateral. (I just need a bar of soap and a bottle of shampoo and that's me fixed.)

The price dropped by a tenner a short while after I bought it, annoyingly, but went back up to 'a ton' (I don't think I'm allowed to mention pricing) after a fortnight, so maybe keep tabs on the price if you can wait..

5.0 out of 5 stars First class item, 6 Feb. 2012
This shower caddy is worth every penny. Sturdy when in position and plenty of shelves for all your toiletries. The most important aspect is that it does not rust.. Also not over-the-top shiny, so less worries with water spotting. I have tried various other racks and non have lasted very long. First class product.

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant product, 19 Nov. 2011
Simplehuman BT1062 Tension Shower Caddy with Adjustable Height from 1.83 to 2.74m

I purchased this shower caddy approx. two months ago for my new bathroom. I researched all caddies available and it seemed that you either bought cheap or expensive. I decided I'd go with the expensive option and have never regretted my decision.

The caddy was straightforward to put together and fitted in my shower cubicle perfectly. It is easy to clean and still looks as good as new, and as I live in a very hard water area that is praise indeed. I like the fact that the shelves are adjustable and are shaped so that bottles do not end up on the floor, which can be a hazard.

Obviously, time will tell if my shower caddy stays rust free but at the present time I am very pleased with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat piece of kit, 16 Aug. 2012
I tried several other solutions in my shower and they were not as substantial as this product and they started to rust. This is a really well designed, solid and rust free piece of kit. Reasonably easy to assemble. But ridiculously expensive; then again it's the only game in town.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best shower caddy ever ?, 17 April 2014
Deborah - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
About 3 years ago we had both bathrooms done and since we didn't want holes in the new paneling we researched our options although expensive this looked by far the best choice so we bought one to see how it went. It was easy to fit and it looks good the shelves provide plenty of space including indents where bottles can be placed upside down when the contents are running low, there's a place to hang a razor as well as shower cap and exfoliating gloves. It's stainless steel so it looks as good today as it did 3 years ago and I honestly can't really find a fault with it, it's worth the money we paid, we went on to get a second one although fitting this one wasn't quite as straight forward, due to the bath we'd installed the gap between the top of the bath and the ceiling was less than the recommended minimum for this product but since we'd been so impressed with it we decided to take a chance, after lots of measuring and checking we sawed off about 12cm I think it was and it fits perfectly. I love it and couldn't be happier, worth every penny.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed :0(, 25 Sept. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Simplehuman tension shower caddy, 2 May 2012
An excellent product, well made and very functional. The quality of the shower caddy reflects the price which is slightly more expensive than products regularly seen on the high street.

4.0 out of 5 stars Storage solution, 16 Jan. 2014
Belle Noir (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Overall, I really like my shower caddy and would buy it again.

It is fabulous to have somewhere to stash away bathroom clutter such as razors, toothbrushes and facecloths etc. Especially the toothbrushes. Never again will I have to clean toothbrush tumblers, what a hateful task.

You can configure the various shelves to be whereever you want them to be, and in a different order from that shown in the photo. The height is adjustable, and mine is tighly secured between my bath edge and the ceiling. It was extremely easy to assemble and install.

The shelves slope ever so slightly downwards. I find that normal-size toiletry bottles (250ml - 500ml) have no problem staying upright, but I recommend not placing 750ml and above bottles on the shelves, as this exaggerates the downward slope.

I also wish that there was an option to buy extra clip-on attachments for razors, toothbrushes etc. At present the caddy has space for only two toothbrushes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simplehuman Shower Storage Unit, 31 July 2012
Delivered promptly and easy to set up.Fitted between top of bath and ceiling
without a problem. Too early to comment on how it will stand up to normal usage
but it appears to be a quality product.