5.0 out of 5 stars SONY TDG-BR250B Spectacle wearers
These are an excellent product and as a rechargeable model are cheaper than the non rechargeable, Prices vary dramatically, The quality is what you would expect from a sony product.
Published on 22 Nov 2011 by Russell G. Whittle

2.0 out of 5 stars Little let down
Published on 21 May 2012 by Chabs

2.0 out of 5 stars Little let down, 21 May 2012
This review is from: Sony TDGBR250 Rechargeable 3D Glasses (Electronics)
I have the KDL32EX723BU. I found that with the 3D glasses and this TV I had a lot of cross talk, it was so bad that 3D was unwatchable. I did a bunch of googling and found that this is quite a common problem with a few 3D TVs, other brands included. I contacted Sony and eventually got through to someone who knew what I was talking about. As it turns out sony offer additional filters for these glasses which fix the problem. So if you are having cross talk problems, contact sony and get filters sent out.

5.0 out of 5 stars SONY TDG-BR250B Spectacle wearers, 22 Nov 2011
For those of you that wear glasses these are a good size frame and will allow for a pair of spectacles to be worn underneath, although this may take a little getting used to.If you wear large frame glasses you may find them a problem.I Could not find any advice on wearing spectacles on the sony web site, only from other reviews, i am pleasantly surprised how the wearing of glasses is not impacting on my viewing experience.
Minimal charging time via a usb cable (supplied) straight to my sony TV KDL40 HX723BU, incredible TV.( can charge 2 pairs at a time)and amazing picture!!!!!
If in doubt about the practicality of the glases then i would suggest a visit to your local sony centre and try them for size there is a smaller version also available.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 27 Oct 2011
Mattknight (Norfolk, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony TDGBR250 Rechargeable 3D Glasses (Electronics)
These glasses work perfectly with my Sony! However, you must know that they ONLY work on Sony's and certain types! But yeah, the cost is a bit hefty to be honest but once you get them you'll be glad ... if you can adjust to 3D! It's not for everyone! Recently got Batman: Arkham City, and so glad I had these to play the game in 3D! Just brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Glasses, 1 Nov 2011
This review is from: Sony TDGBR250 Rechargeable 3D Glasses (Electronics)
They seem to work quite well under most conditions of ambient light in the room and are fairly lightweight, they can be worn with reading glasses under them without any discomfort, sturdy construction and good charge capacity with a decent bag to store them in when not in use. We are quite satisfied with them.

4.0 out of 5 stars TDG-BR250, 22 Dec 2011
Work perfectly with my Sony Bravia EX723. Strictly final on BBC HD was stunning and the 3D effect well rendered. No flicker, good bright image and almost perfect solid imaging even on fast moving sections. Making fine adjustments to the tv picture and 3D settings help, but this is more the fault of Sony fixing the factory TV settings for colour and contrast etc way too high! 5 stars for the product, but only 4 given as I think even at the good Amazon price paid, they were a bit expensive for what will be after all very occaisional use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony come good, 1 Aug 2011
This review is from: Sony TDGBR250 Rechargeable 3D Glasses (Electronics)
These new 3D Sony glasses are everything the first generation were not i.e. lightweight, comfortable and rechargeable.

Excellent product highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sony TDG-BR250 - 3D glasses - active shutter - black, 23 July 2011
This review is from: Sony TDGBR250 Rechargeable 3D Glasses (Electronics)
do the job well,a little uncomfortable but you get used to them after a while.
you do get a bit of light polution from the sides as you can see reflections from behind you in glases so draw curtains.
although they are a great bit of kit and easy to recharge i wish they we not so expensive as if you got four of you in the house and you all wanna watch the movie you gotta have four sets of the sony type glasses (as far as i know only sony works with sony,another bloody rip off)and they aint cheap

3.0 out of 5 stars Heavy and don't fit over normal glasses, 22 July 2012
I got these from the half price offer that came with the new TV I bought recently from Amazon.

My first problem is they don't fit over my prescription glasses. the 3D lenses are too small to fit around the frame of my normal glasses. This has the effect of pushing the 3D glasses away from your eyes and making it seem a bit like tunnel vision. The next problem is they are quite heavy. The combined weight of these glasses and my own glasses is quite a lot and I end up with the bridge of my nose hurting after a couple of hours watching a movie. I also find they are a bit too reflective and any light in front of your head will cause reflection in the gasses. They really could have done with putting an anti-reflective coating on them.

This is my first experience of watching 3D, so I can't really compare it to anything else. For me the 3D looks great most of the time. I have noticed the 3D effect switches off from time to time. It happens on DVDs and games. Not sure what is going on here, will need a bit more testing to see what's causing it.

The weight and poor fitting are real downers for me. They make watching 3D a bit of a chore. I think I might get a pair of the new lightweight 3D glasses from Sony and see if they are any better.

In light of my experience, I can't really justify any more than 3 stars for these glasses.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony 3D glasses, 17 April 2012
Searched around all over could not find these glasses under 90 per pair
until I came across these on Amazon I bought one pair at first to try
thinking whats the catch?? When they arrived I found there was no catch
These are genuine Sony glasses I have tried them and they perform wonderfully
no problem at all the only "downside"!!! was the instructions were in Japanese
No problem straight on the web downloaded the English version from Sony
A great bargain

3.0 out of 5 stars Sony 3D glasses, 15 Mar 2012
This review is from: Sony TDGBR250 Rechargeable 3D Glasses (Electronics)
The 3D looked great using these glasses,but,Oh!! after wearing them for over an hour they became very heavy and painful on the nose. I wear them on top of my own glasses. I'm not sure if there is a lighter pair of the Sony glasses but would recomend these as an alternative.

Sony TDGBR250 Rechargeable 3D Glasses