5.0 out of 5 stars I like it, my husband hates it

1.0 out of 5 stars Tastes dreadful
Published on 27 May 2012 by Klytemnestra

1.0 out of 5 stars Tastes dreadful, 27 May 2012
This review is from: Daforto Stevia Natural Liquid, 50ml (Misc.)
No matter what I try it in, what quantities I use nor how much I cunningly blend it with agave syrup and the like (which largely removes the point of using it), it tastes vile. It has that horrible chemical flavour you get from saccharine and other artificial sweeteners, and even in tiny quantities, it can completely wreck whatever you're putting it into and leave a nasty aftertaste to boot. So that was an awful lot of money wasted, as it's terribly expensive. It was particularly horrible when I tried putting a few drops into my gorgeous recipe for chocolate hazelnut spread, I kept on adding other ingredients and still couldn't get rid of the flavour.

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it, my husband hates it, 7 Nov 2012
This review is from: Daforto Stevia Natural Liquid, 50ml (Misc.)
I began using this product as I needed to reduce my sugar intake for health reasons. Initially I found it had a hint of an aftertaste, but now I no longer notice any difference between this and sugar (I only use it in drinks). My husband, however, describes it as my "vile poison", a description some reviewers here would obviously relate to. Like most foods, it's down to personal taste, so if you can find anywhere to try it our first, you could save yourself a few pounds. Personally, I'm very happy to have lost the two teaspoons spoons of sugar in my hot drinks without any withdrawal symptoms and if I have no alternative but to use sugar, I have found that now one spoonful is enough.

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than nothing, 4 July 2012
This review is from: Daforto Stevia Natural Liquid, 50ml (Misc.)
We have used this in drinks and it does create some sweetness, its also very portable so you can use it in a cafe. However, its not that nice to taste and does not take the bitterness off coffee. We have found Xylotol a far better alternative to sugar.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not sweet not even bitter!, 10 Jun 2012
A. Notghi (Midlands UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Daforto Stevia Natural Liquid, 50ml (Misc.)
Initially used two drops, then more and more drops, I could not taste the sweet, may be something to do with my taste buds. Added sucralose, it did not even enhance the sucralose taste. Eventually throw away the bottle! Next I bought the pure "Gold" powder. I was again very disappointed.

2.0 out of 5 stars It's not sweet!, 5 Jun 2014
Mr. P. Parker "Philip" (London, England, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Daforto Stevia Natural Liquid, 50ml (Misc.)
Tried a drop on my finger, sweet with bitter aftertaste (as per reviews, no problem). Put some in my coffee, absolutely no sweeter than plain coffee. Put more in my coffee, still no effect. Waste of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars great sugar substitute, 30 Nov 2013
This review is from: Daforto Stevia Natural Liquid, 50ml (Misc.)
used this in lots of recipes and enjoyed. This little bottle goes a long way! Used part granulated sweetener and part liquid, as the recipes suggested and the results were lovely!

5.0 out of 5 stars Stevia is THEE only sweetener for me, 15 July 2013
Bridget Darby (Mexico) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Daforto Stevia Natural Liquid, 50ml (Misc.)
This product is highly recommended as a sweetener.
It is considered the best of all sugar substitutes I find it easy to use in liquid form

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Stars, 10 Feb 2013
This review is from: Daforto Stevia Natural Liquid, 50ml (Misc.)
This is the best stevia I've used and is more convenient to carry around than the packets. I keep some at home and keep one in all my handbags.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good and convenient to use, 28 Nov 2012
This review is from: Daforto Stevia Natural Liquid, 50ml (Misc.)
No problems. Does what it says on the label. Sometimes there is a slight after taste, but only when using larger amount.

5.0 out of 5 stars Daforto Stevia Natural Liquid, 50ml, 2 Oct 2012
This review is from: Daforto Stevia Natural Liquid, 50ml (Misc.)
Would recommend if you are trying to cut down on sugar or give it up for other reasons. I purchased Stevia natural product some months ago and can hardly tell the difference at all from normal Demerara sugar. Also it's a small enough container that I can take it with me in my bag when I go out for the day as I inevitably go in for a cup of coffee and so no longer need to use their satchets of sugar. Lasts for absolutely months as far as I can tell and so it very economical.

Daforto Stevia Natural Liquid, 50ml