on 2 July 2013
The bag looks alright but was not what I was expecting. Below are the points you might want to consider when you buy this product

1. The SMELL - Oh god its driving me crazy. I had read about it in reviews, but decided to ignore as I was in love with the bag. Even when it arrived I thought i would keep it. But then the smell is so suffocating that I cant bear it anymore. I used one entire bottle of deodorant, still no use. I am now embarrassed to take this bag out because of the smell. I am definitely going to RETURN it.
2. The buckles and belts are weak. Not of a good quality. Even the stitches are not that fine.
3. The weight - It is bit heavy. So you might want to cabin bag weight if you are concerned about it. I was planning to use it as a check in bag, so its not a good news for me.
on 17 August 2013
I had bought this bag for my husband's birthday- he had asked for an overnight bag and this looked perfect. When I opened the box and took it out of it's dust bag, the first thing that hit me was the awful smell. Now I love the smell of leather but this is nothing like it, more like something had died in it! The label said it would have an odour resulting from the oil that had been used on it, and suggested rubbing sun tan cream into the leather to help. There was no way I was going to do this, I had no way of knowing if this would help with the smell and it could very well of marked the leather! I tried to air it for a few weeks but every time I passed it it turned my stomach. My husband conceded that he was afraid that clothes stored in the bag would end up smelling of the same and asked that I return it.
I hate writing bad reviews but feel I must warn future purchasers.
on 23 December 2013
Big enough to fit an Mi6 agent and still room for a weekend away. It's made of goat too. Cracking.
on 23 September 2015
Got this as a birthday present recently. I have to agree with what others have said about the smell but come on, do you really think that spraying a leather bag with deodorant is going to get rid of the smell? Seriously some people! All it takes is 10 minutes with Google and you can find all kinds of stuff about how to get rid of the smell. It will go with age even if u do nothing, just don't expect to use it on day one!

Anyway, it came with a little pot of leather protector/grease that once rubbed in helps with the smell. I have had it airing now for about 48 hours and the smell is almost gone.

The bag is well made and is just the right size that I wanted as a hold-all for travelling. The handles are maybe a little on the small side and hopefully they will stand the test of time, but when it comes to it, it's only a £50 bag so it I don't expect it to last for ever.
on 8 October 2014
This was for a present. It did look good however I am afraid like some of the other reviews it was not the leather smell I was expecting, it was pretty awful. There was no way I could give it as a gift as I would not have wanted to put my clothes in it.
on 26 December 2014
Although I was happy with the size an colour of this item it leave a bad odour in my room i cannot have it in my home because of the smell
on 6 November 2015
Bag arrived on time and appears well made , size is good for weekend away and looks good.. I ignored previous reviews that stated the bag has unpleasant odour! The bag does Intact smell noticablely .. I packed the bag with clothes to give it shape and when I removed them they too had absorbed the same odour I'm hoping the smell will fade by the the time I use it in a months time .. If it does I would give it a 4 star rating
on 29 January 2014
Haven't used the bag yet, so can't fully judge it.
Firtsly, the smell is not an issue thankfully; smells leathery and will probably fade a little once used.
Either the complainers who have dead goat smell got bad specific products or they are incredibly sensitive to the smell of goat :)
Love the colour. had been concerned th bag might be a little small, but it is perfect size.
Can't wait to use it!
on 10 April 2014
smelly. and it broke and I returned. Knew before hand of the smell but the zippers were crocked and snapped..
on 5 March 2014
I haven't used the bag yet but it is a decent size the colour is good and it does have that vintage look. The smell is not an issue and I have found after a week it has died down. Also if you use the polish provided and rub it in with an old sock it takes the edge off the smell. It is just a different leather smell and I'm sure with use will lose this smell. An excellent product at a reasonable price.