on 5 October 2011
The product arrived quickly and after assembly does exactly what it should, providing a safe and secure platform for cutting wood. I bought it for less than I would have paid for an inferior design locally and the free delivery to a remote location was a welcome bonus. if you have been taking chances using a chainsaw on logs that are not securely held, this is a vastly better option: safe and faster cutting as well.
on 14 February 2012
This is a surprisingly robust piece of kit. It looks and feels quite flimsy before it is opened out but it certainly does the job I require of it. It is also rather cheap to buy. One point that I would advise people to do is to change the nut and screw fixings for proper nuts and bolts, it makes it much more strong. I had one of the screw types come undone simply because I could not quite get enough tension on the screw head. A simple thing that makes all the difference.
on 20 January 2014
This is almost the perfect tool. Sturdy, well made, no burrs or poorly made parts. However - I can't give it five stars as it has two faults. One small, one massive.

Small fault - it's too short!! After a good session with my chainsaw my lower back was killing, I am now building a platform to put it on. Think I may just have to live with this one as anyone over 6 foot will.

Large fault - the nuts that hold the bracing parts at the bottom - just standard nuts - no locking washers or anything. Within 20 minutes of use, the vibration shook them undone and off. My log went sideways along with the right hand trestle, and I was left hunting through sawdust for missing bits of metal!!!

After a quick trip to B&Q I upgraded mine with locking nuts (the ones with a plastic ring inside). Problem solved - I can now use it for hours on end without the risk of it collapsing on me. Such a simple and cheap addition - you'd think it would have at least failed a safety test at manufacturing level and they'd have done this upgrade themselves. Perhaps if they read this they will....
on 13 October 2011
Took me 20 mins to set up. Not difficult at all, but I can imagine a few of the instructions being perhaps misinterpreted or misunderstood. It's the usual case of 'once you know, it's a doddle' sort of thing. Just need to concentrate to save having to restart. Sheer bliss to use, after pretty much writing off my old Workmate by strapping logs to it by various means, then taking lumps out of it!
All in all great VFM
on 31 August 2012
This is a sturdy and solid saw horse which does the job of gripping logs for cutting very well. However two points of poor design in safety terms spoil its efficiency.
1. The bolts supplied for the bracing bars are too short and only allow the bars to be fitted back-to-front. The bracing bars are u-shaped - which is good - however the edges need to be flush with the frame when fitted to enable the smooth curve of the u-shape to be outward facing thus not providing a sharp edge to knock your shins against. The bolts provided are too short and only allow fitting of the bracing bars with the curved u-shape flush with the frame. This is ridiculous. I will purchase longer bolts so that I can rectify this poor design issue - but I should not have to do this.
2. The top corners of each of the 6 legs are a danger if you bend down whilst in proximity of the in the course of working to pick up tools or wood etc. They should have rubber protectors to prevent quite harmful facial or eye injury.
on 17 October 2011
The saw horse is light and can easily be moved has serrated teeth which dig into the logs and help them stay secure while cutting which makes it an efficient tool.
on 17 April 2012
This is a clever well thought out piece of equipment. By the time you have read the very brief instructions enough times to make sure that you have not missed anything you will certainly know how to put the bits together. Having a mate will help enormously because until the last bolt is tight the whole thing is very flexible and it appears to be made of light weight stuff. Don't let that worry you. Keep going, get the thing together finger tight and then stand it on level ground with the legs spread wide. Now go round and tighten everything up. This is when you realise that you have what you were seeking, a good sturdy sawing horse that will fold away and flat pack against a wall. Know where your tools are when you plan to use this tool because something is bound to need to be either loosened a bit or tightened a bit once the cutting work begins. You may also find that you have a preference for different screws, washers and nuts but the supplied ones will certainly do.
on 4 March 2012
Arrived within 2 days undamaged. Like others have noted instructions are not the best but once you've worked out what goes where it all falls into place. Very sturdy once assembled. Need to use two bits of plywood down the lenght to allow shorter timbers to be cut. Holds timber very well.
on 27 February 2012
Recieved on the date promised, quite a meaty package. I did find the instructions for assembly difficult to follow. It would be understandable to have the drawing shown in two stages not lots of nuts and bolts going into what is hoped the right hole, plus the fact I had to use some of my own nuts and bolt as some of the nuts and bolts that were supplied were unuseable. Only used the Saw Horse last week but it is much safer then using a saw bench. Well pleased with the actual purchase.
on 18 November 2011
Turned up promptly and was pretty easy to setup (though I made a mistake initially with a couple of the screw positions) and it was done in minutes. I wasnt too sure how tight to do up the screws and still allow it to fold, but it worked out fine when I just did them "all tight".

Its proven very sturdy and has taken some heavy logs on it easily. It also folds up easy. I would have preferred it to have had a slightly smaller or adjustable gap on one side so that I could place the last bit of the wood in there and then cut it in half ready for the fire. That minor point aside, it works well and grips the wood tightly allowing easy and safe use by one person.

When I upgrade this I'll get a saw horse with a clamp next so I dont have problems with the "last piece", but until then, this is doing the job great.

Its lightweight, strong and is left out in all weathers.