on 12 December 2011
I am thinking on purchasing the TV in the heading of these reviews, namely the Panasonic TX-L42E3. After having read a number of these reviews I started to wonder why some of the opinions were so radically different from others being given, "then" I noticed that Amazon seems to have included virtually any size of TV under the same brand name in the review list, as I have seen 24" / 19" / 32" / as well as the 42" that I was interested in being mentioned.

The point about all this being, that the screens as well as various other technical aspects of these sets are totally different from each other meaning that a person has to scroll down the reports given to pick out only the model they want to assess as possibly being suitable for their purpose.

I really think this practice should end as its totally misleading.
2525 comments|282 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 August 2011
This is a great television and has the added bonus of Freeview HD built-in and so there is no need for a set top box taking up space. The picture in standard and high definition is of brilliant quality and so is the sound. I would recommend this television to anyone looking for a small screen with HD built-in and the usual Panasonic quality.
33 comments|91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 July 2011
The widescreen full HD tv is good to look at and very easy to set up and install,instructions are clear and easy to
You can not go wrong with this product.Picture and sound quality are brilliant.
0Comment|109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 July 2011
Chose this model as the sound production was good.
Angle of view for good colour resolution not very wide, hence the four stars.
Nice slim model. Good sharp picture,smooth movement.
on 31 August 2011
Bought one of these for the breakfast room and we liked it so much I soon bought another for the bedroom. Both replacing Sony flat screen TVs that I was unhappy with. Sound is not hi-fi but nevertheles perfectly good by flat screen TV standards. I must assume the reviewer who reported poor sound quality has a faulty set. What makes this model stand out is the picture quality which is astoundly good, not only for HD broadcasts which is to be expected but also for standard definition ones. There is a wide viewing angle. The SDHC card slot on the side is very useful for playing MP3 music and also for displaying photos from the card in my wife's camera. It starts up quite quickly unlike the Sony it replaced and takes very little power in standby. I've docked it one star because it doesn't have a USB slot nor a wifi internet connection for BBC iPlayer. It does have an ethernet socket but that doesn't seem to be operational at present, so maybe with a software upgrade from Panasonic it may be able to get iPlayer in the future.
on 18 August 2011
Television arrived from Amazon in the usual quick delivery one has come to expect. Out of the box, the TV is better in appearance than some of the older Plasma Panasonic models, not so chunky, with a narrow screen surround. Auto set-up is easy and the television factory settings are not bad for normal viewing,but perhaps a little too bright (easily adjusted). Cannot fault the picture quality and I am very surprised and delighted with the sound quality, not bad at all.
At the price paid a real bargain. Would I recommend this TV, why certainly--good picture, good appearance, reasonably good sound, bargain price--so what's not to recommend?.
22 comments|51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 August 2011
I am about to purchase this TV after extensive research and viewing many TVs locally. I just wanted to point out that the only review at present is not accurate due to a point a must draw peoples attention to - LED TVS USE LCD TECHNOLOGY BUT USE LEDS TO LIGHT THE SCREEN USING MUCH LESS ENERGY THAN ORDINARY LCD TVS. Therefore, the review above giving the tv a 1 star rating based on the fact it is an LCD and not LED tv is not accurate!
22 comments|40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 October 2011
We needed a small television for the kitchen worktop; this came fixed to the stand was extremely easy to install, picture and colours are perfect and sound is good for a small TV. Would have liked it to pivot on the stand but all in all very pleased with my purchase.
on 1 February 2013
It came so quickly-was packaged very well-once in use has given excellent service.
This is an ideal TV for those who do not want a "TV MONSTER" dominating the room.
Picture and sound quality excellent as you would expect from Panasonic.
Great value for money.
on 29 August 2011
I have had this TV for a week now and I am really liking it.

The picture quality is fantastic on both SD and HD freeview. The sound, for a thin TV is very good indeed with basic tweaking options (bass, treble, virtual surround). It is incredibly thin and has plenty of connections for any entertainment needs.

DVDs and Blurays look fantastic again, with the DVDs looking great upscaled via the HDMI port. I have read some reviews that there is evidence of bluring. Having watched DVDs, Blurays, SD & HD freeview, and Sport on the TV I can honestly say I haven't ever thought that the picture, scene or quick camera movement looked blury.

A couple of negatives, firstly the TV guide can often take a few seconds to load, which while not a problem does get annoying sometimes. Also tried to use some external speakers via the headphone socket on the TV and audio played out of both the TV and the external speakers. I was unable to get the external speakers to be the main audio source. (If there is a way to do this please let me know) The speaker issue isn't too much of a bother as the internal speakers are generally good but would have been nice to have the seperate 2.1 working. From what I understand if using a digital input it takes over as the main audio source.

Overal a great TV for the price. If you don't need 3D or an internet enabled TV (we have a media centre PC for internet) then the picture and sound quality for the price is just outstanding.
66 comments|41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse