on 30 May 2013
The stem has a good range of adjustment. My cycle came with a fixed position stem. The problem with that was that i suffer from back problems and wanted to cycle to try to keep a bit fitter. I didn't want to stretch and lock my arms to hold the handlebars and wanted a more sit up and beg experience to reduce strain on my back. With the adjustable stem, I was able to set the handlebars at a far more comfortable position for me. It makes sense to me to be able to adjust the stem as we are all built differently. Now i have a far more comfortable riding experience and can use the bike - which is good all round to me.

Turning to the quality of the item. It is alloy and seem well constructed. It fitted very well (both the frame and the handlebars) and looks quite durable. You will need an allen key to fit and adjust it. The stem is long enough for most people I would imagine. Bear in mind to ensure that the stem will fit correctly. Measure the diameter of your old stem before ordering. I did order a black stem but was sent an alloy one ( the only real issue i had) but the one i received was fine anyway.

Worth getting if you feel that you could do with a more comfortable riding position.
on 4 September 2014
Sorry, it says black in the description. Part that arrived is silver or chrome, whatever. Not best pleased as I ordered it because it was black, to go with the black bars and frame and rims. Now I have a silver stem. Partially my fault (?) If I'd read the reviews I would have known but I have to ask; what MUPPET wrote the description, and after several people point out the glaring error does nothing to correct it!??
on 21 November 2013
Good quality, looks good, and easy to fit.
Enables a more upright riding posture - good for people with dodgy lower backs.
Picture shows silver, but text says black - delivered item is as per picture I.e. silver.
Only negative (apart from confusion over colour, which did not bother me) is lack of instruction on how to adjust angle.
I found some horror stories on Google where people had tried to adjust similar Adjustable Quill Stems by trying to loosen the side Allen bolts.
Eventually found this which explains exactly how it should be done - very helpful!
[...]
on 28 March 2013
I wanted to change the height and reach of the drop handlebars on my old road bike so that my teenage son can ride it - he is a little shorter than me and so I wanted to raise the height of the handlebars as well as reducing the reach. It was not possible to achieve what I wanted by adjusting the fitted quill stem so I bought this adjustable stem as it appeared to offer the adjustability that I needed. It does everything that I wanted and the bike is now set up perfectly for my son to ride. As he grows taller then I will be able to adjust the handlebars accordingly. An excellent purchase.
on 2 October 2013
Yes i know the picture is silver but is says BLACK! it is not so you may want to check before you order :)
on 2 June 2015
Good product. Instructions are printed in small letters on a sticker on the stem. As already written, it is not black, but silver. It fits a fork with inner diameter 22.2mm and handlebar with 25.4 mm diameter. Compared to an adjustable stem I bought for my VTT (brand XLC) this one is definitely far better quality.
on 10 May 2016
This has only a lasted a few years with ordinary road use. The stem joint comes loose and begins to wobble. You can tighten it back up again and it just comes loose a few miles later. I had to remove it as I was beginning to fear for my safety. If the stem failed completely it could've been pretty ugly.
on 5 June 2014
Makes cycling much more comfortable. The stem was silver (as pictured) not black (as advertised) but I already knew this from previous comments. The only slight thing was that I envisaged it would go to a more upright final position-but that was probably my error in not reading the description fully.
on 30 August 2014