5.0 out of 5 stars Nice set
Great quality. Nice packaging. very useful, because it includes all the things you need for the first months in one purchase. One small tip check regularly as amazon offers the set with up to 50% discount.
Published on 29 Oct. 2011 by Dimitris T.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok
You get what you see in the picture. Overall good as Avent products usually are; just that my steriliser stopped working when my baby was 7 months. I hoped it would last at least 1 year.
Published on 25 Jan. 2013 by H.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice set, 29 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Philips AVENT SCD289/00 Complete Bottlefeeding Set (Baby Product)

5.0 out of 5 stars Clever and Excellent Set !!, 2 May 2013
Need: We were in the market for a bottle feeding solution/set since at 6 months we planned to start her with bottle feeding. After considering a number of other brands and their scalability as our child grows we went for this set. We have been able to use most of the contents of this package barring a few like soothers and newborn teats which weren't use ful in our case.

The package is a combination of different items put together as a deal and does not come in one box. The reason I mention this is because you not only get whats listed on Amazon, you also get 1 x 125 ml bottle with newborn teat, 1 x 260 ml bottle with slow flow teat. Hence you effectively get 4 x 260 ml bottles and 3 x 125 ml bottles.

Top reasons you should consider this product.

Quality that would last
Ease of Operation
Electric steriliser can be used in different ways and can hold up to 6 X 260 ml bottles at a time.
Milk dispenser - found extremly useful to carry three different measures of combination of milk and cereal.
Bottle and food warmer even a 2 year old kid would know how to operate it.
Excellent Excellent quality of Thermabag which can keep at least 2 x 260 ml bottles.
Food containers can carry upto 250 ml of pureed food, finger foods etc.
Above all the best part is all the bottles and their heads are completely compatible (read can be used interchangeably) across the Phillips Avent range... hence as our child grows we might have less to worry about investing heavily into buying new sets every time.

What could have been included:
We did have to go and buy Philips AVENT SCF142/00 Trainer Handles (Colors may vary) and Philips AVENT SCF146/02 Soft Spouts (6 Months+) separately. since I think this set is aimed for parents starting earlier than 6 months on bottle feeding, though phillips should consider and come out with options when it comes to teats and spouts etc. The reason I say this is because, we are now left with a whole lot of newborn, slow flow and medium flow teats which we don't need.
Also the handles have been very useful in encouraging our little one to self feed .... so much so that she holds the bottle as she latches to the teats, hence it I would suggest adding them to this package.
Also, I guess the two soothers and 1 additional with the steriliser are one to many ...instead again something more useful could be added like a set of spouts or fast flow teats.
Finally had there been an option to go for the phillips natural bottles in the same set I would have gladly chosen the same as those bottles and teats are much more closer to mothers breast.

We have used this product for over 2 months now and to be honest the steriliser alone has paid of the cost, let alone the food warmer and other accessories.

5.0 out of 5 stars So handy for first time parents, 11 Dec. 2011
I bought this item for my son and his fiancee, so glad I waited until it was selling at 50% discount. What a perfect product for new parents who aren'y sure what they need to get. Keep up the excellent service Amazon, I got free delivery too, what more could I ask for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 11 Nov. 2011
An excellent combination of products especially for a new mother like me! Very good quality and very convenient products at a reasonable price.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT value - I'm really pleased with this purchase, 11 Nov. 2011
I was lucky enough to get this package with 50% off, which saved me an absolute fortune. It's got everything I should need (won't be actually test running that theory until the new year though!). Avent is a high quality range and completely interchangeable so it will be able to adapt to our baby's needs as it grows. I highly recommend this purchase - particularly if you can get it on special offer!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent purchase., 28 Dec. 2011
This kit has everything you need, fast delivery to Spain and came earlier than it should have. All products are individually packed and has everything that is advertised. I love the interchangeable bottles, you can use the same bottles for 6 mts+ and for thick liquids, by purchasing slot teats and handles to make a beaker. The sterilizer is excellent and the bottle warmer is powerful, you only need it on a low setting, I don't go by the instructions because, it is too hot on the higher settings. This set has been brilliant, the thermal bag is great, keeps breast milk cool and formula milk warm. I will be weaning my daughter soon so will use the via tubs for food storage and also the milk powder dispenser is great. I have recently purchased the fast flow teats, the avent beaker and the avent plates/bowls/cutlery set, apart from that this set has everything you need for newborns. Buying all of the products individually would have cost a fortune especially if I bought them here! Would recommend this product to new parents.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic!, 20 Feb. 2013
This bottlefeeding set is amazing! I am still using items now and I was breastfeeding for 7 months, my son is now 1. I never had to buy any bottles because there were 7 altogether and there are many teats too. Every single item in this set is needed, you won't have to go out and buy anything apart from teats (as they should be replaced every so often) One of my favourite things in this set are the via cups, as I stored milk in them before but now I can store snacks for my son, or meals I have cooked. The thermal bag is great too for keeping food/drink hot or cold for up to 4 hours-this is great for when you are going out and you know there won't be any facilities to warm food. Overall I am pleased with this kit, it's fantastic value for money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Incluye todo lo necesario para el recien nacido, 11 Jun. 2012
Es un producto que contiene casi todo lo necesario para comenzar a alimentar a un bebe recien nacido. Es un precio muy bueno para el pack. Lo unico malo es que los chupetes son en color azul, y en la imagen son transparentes. Esto no es algo que tenga demasiada importancia si tiene usted un niño, pero si es una niña, tal vez usted encuentre en esto un inconveniente.
Yo hubiera incluido por un poco mas de precio un par de tapas roscadas para el transporte del equipo de tetinas ya esterilizadas en el lote y 2 biberones más de 125ml, ya que a tan corta edad los bebés comen muy a menudo y es necesario tener varios biberones de repuesto.
Por lo demás, todo el kit está genial.

5.0 out of 5 stars sterile saver!, 22 July 2011
as a new mum and travelling to and from Wales to visit my parents, I needed reliable sterilising products for my son; I have been combination feeding since he was a week old and was very concerned about which product to use. I have always heard great things about the Avent systems and found this product to be amazing at such a good price. with heater; a range of bottles to start you off together with the insulator bag, i have found sterilising so easy. The only thing I think could be added are additional teats of various sizes, however, you pick this up as you learn when it's your first!

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, excellent price, 29 May 2012
I bought this set for £49.20 in amazon. This was a special offer, since the same set costs approx. 150 Euros in mothercare! The set arrived very well packaged and the quality of AVENT is great. You have everything you need for the first 6 months of your baby! Since your time will be limited in the first weeks with the baby, you will not be able to run to the shops every time you need something, so it is very nice to have everything as a set. The bottle warmer is very fast and the sterilizer is big enough for a lot of items like pacifiers, teats, bottle caps etc..I hoghly recommend it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›