Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£22.79

on 8 May 2011
I purchased this book because it is written by Danny and i knew that if he has written it then it must be good. I have been chasing him through his blog posts on seomoz for ages and he has excellent knowledge of everything SEO. The USP of this book is that it is to the point, very practical and has come up from someone who actually practice SEO and not just talk the talk. No long stories of search histories, industry and other BS. You can read a chapter and implement it straightaway.
on 29 July 2011
I found this book to be the best so far, as it is written from the author's personal experiences, and contains a lot of info that can not be found in other books.

I am surprised at the lack of reviews of this book in comparison to 'The art of SEO', which I also bought, and did not think as highly of that book, as it is a collection of advice from many different experts and so the advice can be conflicting and there isnt just one person who can take you by the hand and show you a complete picture, which this book does. Further to that, the 'art of SEO' tends to be more theory/discussion based and is somewhat vague, whereas this book offers detailed explainations and examples.

Lots of excellent tips on advanced SEO and also great advice at the back of the book if you want to get clients and become an SEO professional, and cheaper than 'the art of SEO'.
on 18 July 2011
I had always been impressed with Danny Dover's insight from his days at SEOmoz and this book doesn't disappoint.

It's well written, provides a comprehensive guide to the nuts and bolts of seo and offers many useful hints and tips.

In particular he deals with the more technical aspects of seo in a matter of fact and easy to understand way.

I bought the book to read whilst on holiday but despite devouring it from cover to cover I still find myself dipping into it even now to remind myself of some juicy piece of seo wisdom.

I would recommend this book without hesitation to anyone who is serious about learning the craft of seo.
on 8 February 2012
I didn't finish reading the book yet, Iam half way through, but so far is really entertaining and useful. I really like the way Danny Dover explain things. There are lots of stuff i knew but i needed reminding, and lots of stuff i didn't know and found really usefull. I think is brilliant for anyone who is starting to do SEO as a serious job and a must have if you work in that industry. Helps out with SEO audits, identifying SEO problems and how to solve them. I personally found it easier to read and more entertaining than "The art of SEO", but it's true that if you read both, I think you'll have all the knowledge you'll ever need to become an SEO expert. I would recommend SEO Secrets to anyone interested in this industry.

He completely got me with "URL's should be like Danny DeVito: short, relevant and easy to remember" and "Java is to javascript what Car is to carpet". It's really good to be "studying" and suddenly find this kind of stuff to make you chuckle
on 19 October 2011
Well, as SEO specialists we didn't expect anything secretive about this book, however, there's always something that surprises everyone with the latest books and Danny Dover does just that with guidance and insights from Erik Daffron. On-site and off-site Seo guidance, URL advice, black hat explanations, Content Analysis, meeting potential clients guidance, actually understanding SEO, testing your SEO performances for optimal performance and fixing your clients seo search engine penalties, this list goes on. Anyone who doesn't understand the Internet HTML, php coding may have problems with references to numerous guides but in general it's a step by step bible from Author to reader. A wealth of knowledge and guidance, lessons, site maps, link building and so on. With the Internet changing rapidly through social networking and Google Panda the book still is a fundamental bible for SEO newbies, professionals or website gurus. Excellent 10/10
on 28 August 2011
Not that impressed by the book, seems to be aimed at people trying to sell the art of SEO rather than people doing it. I found about 50% of the book relevent to SEO and the other 50% seemed to be writing filling the book. There is a whole section on who the movers and shakers are of the SEO world, and sections on consulting to potential buyers of SEO.......not very helpful to me. Not an advanced book, and not many SEO secrets to be learnt here.
on 30 March 2012
Whether SEO is your profession or like me you want to learn more about SEO, then this book is a must read.
SEO secrets provides a comprehensive guide to SEO whilst being written in a very engaging way makiing it far more accessible than many SEO books I have read in the past.

Despite finishing it in my first sitting I've found myself devling into the book several times whilst fiddling with my website and can see myself dipping in and out in the future as there is a fair bit of stuff to take in.

All in all a real eye opener that gives an insight into SEO!
on 27 September 2011
A very well written and detailed explanation of SEO and how to troubleshoot SEO issues. Would definitely recommend this author and this book to others
on 8 March 2012
I am a complete SEO beginner, i know what SEO is but don't know how to do it

the book is brilliant, although a bit hard if you know nothing about html- which i found is easy to learn online for free

particularly liked the section about consulting as the learning is totally transferable to other
types of consulting

following the step by step guide i have managed to make constructive comments on client websites
and improve rankings
on 19 November 2011
This book is the dogs b******s if you want to take your SEO to the next level.

To be an all round SEO, you need to know your technical SEO and this book will
help you become an all rounder.

Buy this book and "The Art of SEO" and put it into practice for a year or two
and you WILL become a competant SEO. These two books together are a deadly
combination and will set yourself apart from the rest.