5.0 out of 5 stars Magical Fantasy Short Story, 13 Jun 2012
This review is from: Bernard and the Bibble (Kindle Edition)
Fantasy is not my usual genre, but this was a very enjoyable read. A magical story, very well written so it is easy to imagine the underground world Bernard and Fungal travelled through. Aimed at children, but a brilliant, fast moving and descriptive short read for this grown up kid!

5.0 out of 5 stars Carl does it again, 3 April 2011
This review is from: Bernard and the Bibble (Kindle Edition)
I don't usually do reviews, so here goes.

This is the third story I've read by Carl Ashmore, and like the other two it is hugely entertaining. The characters are well written, likeable and easily imagined by the reader (well me anyway!). I want a Flopsy of my own. The story moves quite quickly, making the book just the right length for reading to younger kids and keeping their interest and brilliant for the adult reader who's reading in 10 minute bursts.

I'm looking forward to the second Time Hunters book from Carl, but I'm also thinking that I'd like to know what happens to Bernard next.

Nice one Carl - I'm so glad I found your books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read, 28 May 2013
This review is from: Bernard and the Bibble (Kindle Edition)
This was a great read. My son of 4 years thoroughly enjoyed listening to the adventures of Fungal and Bernard.

5.0 out of 5 stars a fantastic tale, 22 May 2012
This review is from: Bernard and the Bibble (Kindle Edition)
Wonderful warm and fun story, suitable for any age, and well worth the few pence!
I have enjoyed everything I have read so far by Carl, and can recommend his works without hesitation.
Loved the Bibble...I really think there should be cuddley Bibbles to go along with this book!
excellent read, well done!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for kids!, 28 April 2012
This review is from: Bernard and the Bibble (Kindle Edition)
Loved it. Simple, well-told story. Great characterisation. Fabulous read. I especially loved the wordplay and the wonderful names used throughout. Heartily recommend this one to other Kindlers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet and lovely story for children, 19 April 2012
This review is from: Bernard and the Bibble (Kindle Edition)
I read this because I enjoyed Carl's Time Hunter books and I wanted to see what else he could do. This is for younger children than those are, but it is still enjoyable for adults as well.
Its a simple, sweet story of a little boy who couldn't do much because of bad health. He goes on a journey in a fantasy world, and discovers he can do more than he thinks, and what he does is more important than he thinks. Its very well written - on a level that is easy enough for younger children to understand and learn from, and yet he doesn't talk down to them or treat them as stupid. He builds a vivid and appealing world with lively characters and shows the same imagination and empathy with them as I have come to expect.
He has said that this book is in memory of his father. I can't imagine a more fitting and uplifting memorial.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids of all ages will enjoy, 1 April 2011
This review is from: Bernard and the Bibble (Kindle Edition)
This is the second book I have read by this author (the other being The Time Hunters)and have thoroughly enjoy both .Bernard and the Bibble is a lovely not too long book which really brings all the characters ,with their quirky names,to life and I was able to picture how they would actually look and where they were going on their journey. I am a very elderly kid who would never usually read this type of book but can recommend any age reading it,looking forward to the authors next book .

5.0 out of 5 stars truley magical and children will love it :), 14 April 2011
Mrs. D. Hills (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bernard and the Bibble (Kindle Edition)
This is the 2nd book I have read by this author and I really enjoyed it :). Its a wonderful story with interesting and loveable characters. I loved Flopsy and would like one of my own. I also want to find flowers that taste of chocolate! The story is not too long. Growing up I had favourite books which I liked to read again and again. Im sure carl's books would become a favourite with children of all ages. I cant wait to have children one day and read Carl's books to them. Even though this book is aimed at children I am 27 and found it interesting and it was written in a way that it still appealed to me. Carl is a very talented writer I cant wait to read more of his books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical!, 4 April 2011
This review is from: Bernard and the Bibble (Kindle Edition)
This is a truly magical, charming and thoroughly enjoyable book and I know that my review really won't do it justice but here goes...

Carl paints such a lovely picture of the fantasy world that Bernard enters into, I really want to go to the Lower Levels and visit all these wonderful places, the Lake of Gold, Bibbletown, although maybe not the Arm Pit! It is just such a lovely book, I love the names in the book, so imaginative and enchanting. It really is a very well written book and just such a delight to read, I can't recommend it highly enough.

This is a book for young children and I thought it was perfectly pitched, it is the right length and the story gets going right away, I just can't wait for my 3 year old to be old enough for me to read it to him. I hope this comes out as a paperback and there are many more to follow, because if so I shall be buying them all for my son (and for me!).

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Story, 4 April 2011
This review is from: Bernard and the Bibble (Kindle Edition)
What an excellent book. Even though it is primarily written for children it is also very good for adults. The storyline is totally believable and the characters well thought out. I would love to meet a Bibble and, maybe go and visit them in their own town. Imagine, chocolate flavoured flowers. And I really want a Flopsy.

Carl Ashmore is definitely an author to watch as this is the second of his books I have read and am now eagerly awaiting more.

ARRAY(0xb33292a0)