5.0 out of 5 stars very durable!
I have a few of these Kitchen Craft silicone utensils, they are perfect for non stick pans, they wash in the dishwasher and do not discolour. I'm very impressed overall!
Published on 17 April 2012 by karenjw

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but has an annoying 'flex'
I quite liked this turner all the way up to the point of actually cooking something with it. First, the good bits:
* Nice colour scheme to brighten up the utensil pot

Tim Ngyou "timboid" (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
* Nice colour scheme to brighten up the utensil pot
* Silicone and therefore heat proof and non-scratch
* Grips well in the hand
* Evenly weighted so when resting it in a pan, it doesn't inadvertently see-saw and splodge a load of food everywhere
* Easy to clean (non-stick)
* Good sized 'head' for most applications (fried eggs, smallish pancakes, omelettes, burgers etc.

And now the deal breaker:
* As others have mentioned, the main flaw of this turner is that it has the most annoying 'flex' right in the middle of the head. What this means is that occasionally, when you're trying to prod or turn food, the head flexes and then releases, flicking your food or the sauce it's in. The flexing is not gradual - it's on and then off. It doesn't sound that bad on paper, but in practical terms, it really is very frustrating and also means you can't use the turner for such things as breaking up fresh minced beef/pork/lamb in a pan because it's just too bendy. I find myself reaching for that good old wooden turner more often than not - it's not as wide, but it doesn't annoy the hell out of me!

Consider this flexing before buying. It's not solid metal under all that silicone. I would not buy this turner again.

5.0 out of 5 stars very durable!, 17 April 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Silicone turner, 14 Sep 2011
What is there to say for a silicone turner? Well, apart from the bright orange colour I like very much and makes a diferrence among the rest of my dull kitchen accesories, I have to admit that I no longer make an omelette without it. Enough said, 5 stars!

4.0 out of 5 stars Silicone turner, 29 Dec 2010
E. Priddle - See all my reviews
Great colour and very easy to clean. However, I find the material means that it is a little too flexible than I like in the kitchen.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Great, 19 Dec 2012
Phil "RetroCat" (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Having bought other Kitchen Craft utensils and being very happy with them, I bought the silicon turner. My one 'flops' around in the middle which means that food is often flipped onto the floor or breaks up while being lifted/turned. I'm not sure if this is unique to my one (I'm seeing 5 Star review from everyone else).

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Lime Green Kitchen Craft., 2 Aug 2012
Irene Roberts "Samoborlady" (The Sunny South) - See all my reviews
As stated on my other previous reviews on Kitchen Craft Silicone items...I just love them! They live up to their claims of durablity, looks and ease of use. What more could a person ask for? (Lurve the lime green!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Turner is a good value, 3 Mar 2012
this was a good value. i have got it as we have another plastic turner which slowly melts each we use it, whereas this turner made out of silicon does not do this

5.0 out of 5 stars Really pleased ..., 31 Jan 2012
Really pleased with this, bought for my new non-stick pan and it works fine, it arrived on time and is exactly as described.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product!, 15 July 2013
This product is definitely of good quality, and is extremely versatile.
I did not have any problems with it staining from highly coloured foods as some people have, but I was surprised with the odd springy "flexing" that it tends to happen if you force the end down - as another reviewer stated, this can cause hot oil to splash up.
This is not usually a problem, it is just something to be aware of.

5.0 out of 5 stars great kitchen helper, 28 April 2013
Lovely colourful cheery kitchen helper, does exactly what description says, and much more in my kitchen. I use its non-slip surface to get things down from the highest shelf in my cupboards, that my hands can't reach. makes me smile each time I open my kitchen drawer, as I have 4 different coloured ones in there!

Colourworks 31cm Red Silicone Turner