It's so cute! I'm a 28 y.o. student, so I probably shouldn't have got one, but I love it! It's best put by your computer's speaker, playing a rhythmic tune (must be a repetitive one - the keepon needs to learn a rhythm) on repeat, have your base on high, and set the keepon to dance mode!

Really, though, you should ignore some of these reviews. Yes, the...
Published on 15 April 2012 by Mr. Robert J. Wasdell

3.0 out of 5 stars hit and miss
Published on 29 Jun 2012 by Clare

4.0 out of 5 stars Great! Not perfect, but not deserving of all these bad reviews..., 15 April 2012
This review is from: My Keepon Dancing Robot (Toy)

Really, though, you should ignore some of these reviews. Yes, the motors and gears make some noise, but what toy doesn't? Yes, you may have seen a video on youtube of some $30k robot, and, yes, a toy costing £25 (when I bought it in April 2012) is not so good, but did you seriously think it would be?

This would make an ideal present - for a kid, or a geeky man-child like me!

5.0 out of 5 stars So Cute!, 20 April 2012
This review is from: My Keepon Dancing Robot (Toy)
Inspired by the new EDF Energy advert I wanted to see what it was all about. At first I didn't really get it, but now I think it's a pretty awesome thing, and not just as a toy but as an aid in helping people with autism.

I really like this toy. I brought it on a whim, mainly because I wouldn't normally give too looks at something like this, but I have to say it is a lot of fun. In touch mode it is probably one of the cutest things I've ever seen [although at first it really didn't want to look at me and was far more interested in watching the TV]. Dance mode is just as fun to watch it bob along to music, from something that was on the radio - to something more along the lines of my own taste [Epica].

I see that people in other reviews have mentioned that it is slow and lagging, but in the accompanying leaflet it does state that the little guy needs to stop to analyse the music and the rhythm frequently in order to keep to the beat - and to be honest these breaks do not seem to be too long between, plus it's cute because it looks like it's listening to the music whilst it's analysing it. Other people have mentioned about the motor being too loud, but I can't say that this is something that I've noticed.

The way in which he was packaged for me was brilliant too, more so from a protection of the toy point of view as his own packaging came completely bubble wrapped to protect him.

I think the most frustrating thing about him was getting the battery cover off, and that was simply because I couldn't find a Phillips that was small enough for the job!!

I love him, and I'm 23 years old. That must count for something against the disbelievers :D

3.0 out of 5 stars hit and miss, 29 Jun 2012
This review is from: My Keepon Dancing Robot (Toy)
This toy is unbearably cute! it dances and squeaks when you poke it! My boyfriend was disappointed in it as he had see the 'keepon' clips on youtube and that is a lot better but is computer controlled and exponentially more expensive! If you buy this make sure you arent expecting too much... it dances but does stop to 'listen' to the music and works best with loud music with a decent beat (think pokerface!). It also auto powers off after a few songs so you cant have it continually dancing. In interactive mode you cant leave it alone as it responds very cutely. If you do leave it alone it falls asleep. The base is fairly bulky but does mean you dont have to worry about knocking it over. It also eats batteries ~8hrs per set and doesn't come with a mains adapter (maplin £15 - similar price to rechargeable batteries)... Is it worth ~£40? I'd probably have to say no if i'm being honest, but I have fallen in love with the little thing and cant bear to send it back so he lives by our stereo!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute, 24 Aug 2012
This review is from: My Keepon Dancing Robot (Toy)
A cute product that dances to the groove, although quite a little pricey for what it is! However, taking the price out of the equation, it is a very adorable little gadget. A perfect gift for a special girl!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for all the family, 27 Dec 2011
This review is from: My Keepon Dancing Robot (Toy)
This was bought as a family gift this Christmas. I had seen videos posted online & couldn't wait for it to arrive, so much so that it was up & running well before Santa had come to visit.
We have had this on through most of Christmas with various songs. Although it does respond to all music, we prefer it dancing to something with a good beat, current favourite is Bon Jovi's "Livin' on a Prayer". Enjoyed by all ages in the family.
It does follow your voice when in interaction mode & giggles away when being tickled. Seriously contemplating getting another to have the both of them dance together.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money, 17 Dec 2013
This review is from: My Keepon Dancing Robot (Toy)
This little robot was kind of cute but didn't work nearly as well as the advertising made out. Very disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Keepon, 27 Jun 2013
This review is from: My Keepon Dancing Robot (Toy)
This product is not quite as good as expected. The seller was brilliant, but the keepon itself was a little bit of a disappointment. It doesn't really keep beat and it has very limited movements. It tends to move quite slowly and doesn't "dance" as you'd expect. It is OK as a novelty item but it is not as good as it is in the adverts.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool toy and fun., 9 Aug 2012
This review is from: My Keepon Dancing Robot (Toy)
Really cool toy and funny too, but wish it had a USB port so it could be plugged into all devices and save a fortune in batteries.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keepon robot, 5 July 2012
This review is from: My Keepon Dancing Robot (Toy)
This is a wonderfull toy that has so much going for it. Lots of fun for the whole family. Well worth the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keepon robot, 4 July 2012
This review is from: My Keepon Dancing Robot (Toy)
Great fun, better than imagined at entertaining the family. Genuinely appears to interact with people. Does more actions and sounds than the wrapping implies

My Keepon Dancing Robot