on 30 September 2011
Having seen Pam Ayres perform previously at the Theatre Royal Windsor we were disapointed to miss her when she appeared earlier this year, fortunately Pam's latest DVD release is a recording of that performance.
She starts with an account of her early years and how she entered and won Opportunity Knocks, this is both interesting and humourous. This leads her into a series of stories and verse all of which was new material to us. Thoroughly entertaining and enjoyable, with a few more risqué jokes than before.
If you like her you'll love it, if you don't - try something else.
on 3 October 2011
As always, Pam Ayres, surpassed herself.
I laughed til I cried and was exhausted by the effort by the time it finished.
She was funnier than ever. Well worth buying. Would make an excellent Xmas gift.
I am always amazed at her stamina.
on 1 March 2013
Pam Ayres is an extremely talented writer. She is clean and witty. Good entertainment for all the family. Highly recommended.
on 15 September 2011
Great new DVD of Pam Ayres doing her stand up/poetry. As a relatively new fan, I've not seen a lot of her
older stuff but her blunt and dry sense of humour in this show feels very current by today's standards.
There are some great laugh out loud moments here
0Comment10 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 October 2011
The latest Pam Ayres disc "Word Perfect" is well up to her usual standard. Even the incorporation of a few items from earlier shows cannot detract from the pleasure of watching the new poems and anecdotes, Having once had the privilege of watching her live on stage I can assure new viewers this video of her on stage in Windsor is really true to nature. Word Perfect indeed!
on 10 January 2013
Celebrating 35+ years this 60 something 'young' entertainer has delighted us yet again with her new DVD of her recent appearance at Windsor. She tells us how it all began on Opportunity Knocks for her and her unique brand of poetry and her career in show business
What a star she still is and this is another DVD for her many fans to enjoy.
on 4 July 2013
I am a great fan of Pam Ayres, but not too sure about this performance. She is normally great entertainment, but came across this time as a little ordinary without her usual 'sparkle'. I would not choose to watch the DVD again, but perhaps it would be worth offering it to someone else who may enjoy it.
on 19 July 2015
This is a real fun to watch DVDs. A very pleasant evening no smut
on 13 December 2011
We happened to be in the Theatre Royal the night the recording was made. It was fascinating to see the professionalism of Pam Ayres in the making of the DVD on Stage. It was good to relive this as we viewed the DVD at home some 6 months later.
on 7 April 2013
If you haven't seen Pam Ayres in concert - this is the DVD for you. I saw her in Wimborne recently and she is excellent. I will definitely be buying more of her DVDs and books.