5.0 out of 5 stars Superb viewing
An absolute joy to watch and remember the antics of Jacko and Eric. I can't believe I was having second thoughts about purchasing the DVD which proved to be even better than I fondly remembered it.
You can't help but smile as soon as you hear Dexy's Midnight Runners belt out the theme tune.
Published on 18 Jan 2005

3.0 out of 5 stars Great... but not complete!!
Published on 21 Feb 2007 by D COOK

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb viewing, 18 Jan 2005

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny, 20 Oct 2005
Owzat (Cyberspace) - See all my reviews
I was compelled to buy it and I had my doubts when it arrived but not now I've watched it I don't regret it one bit. Brilliant and unforgettable, many parts I remember and it is nice to be able to refresh those bits I'd forgotten.
Jacko (Karl Howman) is the ladies man but not without morals. He works with Eric as a painter for Lionel Bainbridge which is how he picks up a lot of his ladies. Jacko finds himself attracted to Lionel's daughter Lesley who is brilliantly portrayed by Kim Thomson. Lionel hates every minute of it but his long suffering wife Veronica becomes very fond of Jacko. Lesley is the stereotypical spoilt brat and eventually Jacko and Lesley split up. Unaware of this Lionel plots to and sends Lesley on an expensive three week trip to USA and when she returns she is pining over him claiming to be in love. She finally decides she hates Jacko and pairs off with poor old doormat Philip. After Veronica leaves Lionel she seeks out Jacko for a 'fling' but Jacko persuades her of Lionel's hidden feelings and she goes back to him.
This might just about stand the test of time, I certainly enjoyed watching it the couple of times I have so far. It has so many brilliant characters who all fit in so well with Jacko, not least of all Elmo the barman. It all fits together so nicely and makes me wonder how it didn't survive longer when screened in the 80s. If you liked it first time around I'm sure you won't regret buying it, I certainly don't and may buy the next series if available just to catch up with the rest

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as good as the first time!!, 29 Sep 2004
By A Customer
I'd forgotten what a great light hearted comedy series this was. It was great to see all the old characters again. Once I started watching I couldn't stop.
I was a bit disappointed to find that the 3 DVD's only contain series 1 and 2 (13 episodes). There is no information on if the final series will be released. I hope so!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb viewing, 18 Jan 2005

5.0 out of 5 stars Brush Strokes, 28 Oct 2005
By A Customer
A great british 80s sit com easy to watch.
I forgot how cheeky Jacko was,A real ladies man
If you want a easy going non offensive laugh this it

4.0 out of 5 stars Series 1 and 2? Not strictly true....., 15 May 2008
Although this release is advertised as Series 1 and 2, it contains only Series 1. This comprised of the 13 episodes contained here. Think those of us who purchased it should demand a refund!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great British Comedies, 30 Jan 2009
John Lovakovic (Australia) - See all my reviews
Great comedy I'd highly recommend this to all comedy lovers. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of this series on dvd

3.0 out of 5 stars Great... but not complete!!, 21 Feb 2007
Series 1 & 2 of Brush Strokes are fantastic - up there with the best of British comedy. However, whilst what's on the DVD gets 5 stars, I've had to knock 2 off. This is because they have left out series 3, 4 and 5!! I've done some digging around on the net and it would appear that there are no plans to release them on DVD at this stage either. Now either that is very sad, or I am. Perhaps both.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gentle comedy, 14 Dec 2012
Mr. D. W. Cozens (North Hykehan, Lincs, UK) - See all my reviews
Enjoyed the series the first time round. It still comes up fresh and very enjoyable. Will definitely buy the next series.

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS IS SERIES 1 ONLY!, 23 Oct 2011
J. L. Widdowson (Skegness, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brush Strokes: The Complete Series One & Two (25th Anniversary Edition) [DVD] (DVD)
An excellent series and highly recommended, but please note - this is only series 1! For some reason the DVD company has taken the 13 episodes of series 1 and split them into 2 seperate series. This is mis-leading and does not make sense to break up episodes halfway through a series. The on-screen titles will state this is Series 1 & 2 but they are wrong. I remember the complete series being aired (and its repeat) several years ago. The first series contained 13 episodes. Check the internet and you will see 40 episodes were made, 5 series of which: Series 1 has 13 episodes, Series 2 has 7 episodes, Series 3 has 6 episodes, Series 4 has 6 episodes and Series 5 has 8 episodes. I hope the complete series will one day be released, in the meantime I will stick with my VHS recordings!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›