on 12 May 2012
I purchased this a few weeks ago and it is superb, someone said it was crap and didn't scroll, Glad I ignored him now, The Sat Nav is the best I have had and I am now going to get one for my wires car, I find it extremely easy to use and the Navgate feeds is without doubt a godsend, All in All it couldn't get any better.
The radio is also great, What comments can you make on a radio?, Its good for me.
The iPod connections are fantastic.
My iPhone connects without a problem and the streaming is brilliant.
Plays DVD's MP3's etc what more can you ask.??
on 23 March 2012
This is an excellent product from Pioneer. Definitely worth the money. I have been using it for the last 1 week and I must say that I am very pleased with this purchase, albiet a bit on the pricier side. But for the money you get a sat nav, dvd player radio, bluetooth connectivity for handsfree calling, voice recognition, connection for rearview camera.(camera available separately)

The unit itself is very compact and the touch screen when calibrated appropriately is very responsive. What one must understand the this is no where close to an iPad/iPhone screen but its better that most high end portable standalone sat navs on the market.
The start up time for this unit is approximately 15 seconds.

Sat Nav

The sat nav on this particular model is from Teleatlas.
It catches the GPS signals very quickly (I am yet to use the navigation) and the user interface is a bit complicated and needs getting used to but it is a bit intuitive as well.
The screen can be set for 2D or 3D navigation.

Music Player/Radio/DVD Player

It has got an usb connection and I have attached a Sandisk 8GB usb stick with songs and it recognises it immediately with no problem at all, of course it wont play DRM protected songs. But one can connect an iPhone/iPod to it as well but you will need a separate cable for that. The reception for the radio is brilliant. and it has various controls for setting the music output for eg - balance, fading, equalisers(this I like the best), loudness etc. I played the DVD "Long way Round" and was pleasantly surprised by the clarity of the video.

Bluetooth connectivity

It is made for the iPhone !!! Connects very easily (I have an iPhone 4S) and the phone book is displayed on the screen and one can search the phone book on the unit itself. I have received only one call on this unit so far and the clarity is excellent and the person on the other end did not realise that I was answering the phone via a bluetooth unit.

I had it installed by a Pioneer approved installer just incase of any warranty issues, over all I am very pleased that this money was well spent.

I will update later when I have used it for at-least a month.

§---UPDATE---§ 27/03/2012

I know its not even a month. But here is my experience so far. I am getting more and more impressed by this product.

SATNAV

Used it a couple of times. Found it easy to use and setup. Re-routes very quickly. And the estimated time of arrival is pretty accurate.

Phone (via bluetooth)

I use an iPhone 4S and as the box says, it is indeed made for the iphone. Having said that i guess other phones are probably easily paired as well.
The phone book appears on the screen, and voice dialling is good and it also has an option where I can say a phone number and it will connect.

Music.

I have just discovered that it can stream music over bluetooth from an iPhone and even internet radio can be streamed over the bluetooth.

My only complain so far is that the price has dropped nearly £100 since I bought it 4 weeks ago.
on 23 February 2012
Well that was a waste of a lump of money.

Scrolling is terrible. Either doesn't pick up your finger (even after re-calibration) or selects a random item you brushed over on the screen, rather than scroll.
Selection should have been double tap. You spend more time pressing the 'back' button than anything else.
If you turn the car off, but leave the unit playing music, then when you restart the car, it will lose the Ipod.
Only fix is to open the glovebox and get the Ipod (or where ever you have put it) and unplug - replug. Then it finds is again.
Crashes the Ipod when in video mode more often than not (tried other Ipods too). You have to re-boot the Ipod.
Type in a whole address (why is there no city centre function? - my basic Nissan had that) and then if you accidently touch the 'SCROLL' button instead of the 'OK' button (right next to each other) - you lose the whole address and have to start again.
Drag 'n' drop is awful. Took 20 minutes to drag icons to the setup screen (gave up in the end and got someone else to try). It just kept dropping them.
Voice recognition is useless. Just given up with that.
Written to Pioneer twice and called them once to see if they are planning a fix/update. Not bothered replying.

Go for a different make, this one is a dud.