on 9 October 2011
Being a Doctor Who fanatic, my son loved the design of this duvet cover. However, I was greatly disappointed by the quality of the material and manufacture for the following two reasons: 1) the material is smooth and slippery and therefore the duvet moves and slips around inside too easily, which has the annoying consequences of my son getting uncovered in the night and I have to adjust and rearrange it, and 2) there is already a small tear in the seam along the side of the duvet cover.

The result of this: were it not for the fact that my son loves the design (this was by far his favourite out of the few Doctor Who duvet covers available on the market) and that it matches the curtains, we would have returned this item. Instead, we have decided to sew poppers into the duvet cover and on the duvet to stop it moving around inside - which is not ideal and is a laborious process. In addition, we'll be sewing up the seams along the side. I'm not happy about this.

Overall: I'm disappointed with the general quality of the product.
on 4 January 2012
I got this for my son, who loves Dr Who. He loves it and is very happy with it, however I find it annoying, as the quilt moves around inside the cover, and every night I have to straighten it all out before he can go to bed. sometimes I have to do it in the middle of the night, because he wakes up cold, and the quilt is at the bottom of the cover. I think the answer could be to sew some ties on the inside to hold it in place, however I feel I shouldn't have to do this. I have never had this problem with any other quilt cover.
on 27 January 2012
This cover is of very low quality. It doesn't hold the quilt inside at all, resulting in the quilt falling to the bottom and your little cherub waking in the night freezing. Until zap come up with a cover with a little more cotton in, I would personally, leave well alone!
on 8 May 2012
I read bad reviews on this product but for the price i thought it was worth buying.
The material is so thin and slippery that it has to be re-made everyday.
I personally would not buy this item again/recommend to others.
As they say you get what you pay for!! E g - CHEAP AND NASTY!!!!
I have learned the hard way!!
It is nice to look at and my boy of 7 loves it, a big DR WHO fan!!!
on 5 January 2012
I purchased this for my daughter out of a catalogue, and as other reviewers have already stated, your duvet slides around inside leaving it clumped somewhere in the corner of the duvet cover. The fabric is made of 100% polyester and it feels awful. My daughter loves it because it is Doctor Who, but I absoloutely hate it. Several times a night I am having to shake the duvet back into place which is a ridiculous chore especially as I cannot stand the feel of the fabric in my hands
on 28 April 2013
I bought this for my Dr Who mad son, looks great on the bed but unfortunately the cover is very slippy and by the time morning comes the duvet is either at the bottom of the cover or hanging out on the floor. Have tried washing in a hot wash, with conditioner but to no avail. I think the only answer will be to sew poppers or ties into the cover to prevent the duvet from ending up at the bottom of the bed!

Overall i am disappointed but thankfully for the price it didn't break the bank!!
on 19 July 2012
This duvet and pillowcase set look great in my daughters room. She loves it. It is dual sided and has easy open poppers rather than buttons at the opening. I didn't have time to wash it before first use and it was a bit slippery And starchy and tended to let the new duvet inside get all twisted up, but my daughter does tend to jiffle a lot. It looks brill regardless.
on 1 January 2013
I would not recommend buying this product, the material is shiny and slippery, making the duvet end up at the end of the covers by morning. The same can be said for the matching pillowcase. The design is not fantastic either, differs slightly from the picture shown, you can hardly make out the dr who design.

Overall a waste of my time and money.
on 15 February 2014
I read the reviews, which weren't great, but thought "how bad can it be?" The answer is pretty appalling. This cover is made of the slipperiest fabric imaginable. My son's duvet was in a clump at one end of the cover every morning, leaving him cold. Tried washing it a couple of times, to no effect, so we gave up and recycled it.
on 13 February 2013
I purchased this for my sons bedroom. I had read the other mixed reviews so I wasn't expecting something fantastic for the money. My son loved the design but the material feels quite harsh and the cover loses the duvet, so I have to keep rearranging the duvet inside the cover. This would be good if a different material was used.